What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

madalasatori

Veteran
Heh shoulda guessed that from the GW Quote in your sig! It must be available stateside, it's an Australian company but I'm sure I've seen US guys talking about it on forums. Doubt it can be reused to be honest mate

budrot

E-hydro in California had some a few weeks back.

I'm sure I mentioned this in the thread earlier.

I think I was told that there is a Fytocell plant in Mexico

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I never had any problems or had rootrot due to poor drainage in my buckets and I might just stick with the hempy grow style rather then organics soil and all the bullshit mixing etc as I would need a kids small pool to mix 125 gallons so I might try layering the perlite, verc, throw in some hydrotons in layers and see how that goes...

I have nothing against this fytocell but I never needed it before
and what I don't have I don't need now ;)

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I like that it could expand root growth. I don't think I've got an issue like that now...as I am pretty happy with what I've got. If it could be reused and was easily obtainable, I'd try it out. However, my perlite/verm medium works great and I can reuse it. I couldn't tell you how many plants have run through this medium...but at $40-$50 in medium one time....whatever bennefits which may be gained from the fytocell would have to be drastic and major. For the record, I've never had rootrot issues either *with the hempy method* Had it a few times in waterfarms and ebb & flow.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I hear ya, if peeps are getting poor drainage & rootrot growing hempy theirs a problem and a monkey can set up a bucket and grow within minutes...

My buckets are 5 gallon but high tall buckets with a slightly smaller diameter as I want the roots to grow down searching for food/feeding promoting root growth...

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
I like that it could expand root growth. I don't think I've got an issue like that now...as I am pretty happy with what I've got. If it could be reused and was easily obtainable, I'd try it out. However, my perlite/verm medium works great and I can reuse it. I couldn't tell you how many plants have run through this medium...but at $40-$50 in medium one time....whatever bennefits which may be gained from the fytocell would have to be drastic and major. For the record, I've never had rootrot issues either *with the hempy method* Had it a few times in waterfarms and ebb & flow.

It's supposed to be inert, so I don't see why it couldn't be re-used. In the mean time, I have one 2 gal and one 3.5 gal air pots on the way and plan on modding them into "Hempy Pots" but I have some 6 more weeks to go before I can put them to use.

budrot

I had to harvest a cola today, running low on stocks etc.

The rest will be hacked down over the next few days so I should have some numbers for you guys in a fortnight or so.

This is what I will be smoking next week.. It's the shit!

UGORG Killer Skunk, day 61

Attachments

• DSC00892.jpg
    DSC00892.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 10

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
people make that mistake and think wider buckets and shorter is better but taller is better because it makes your plants search and growth is at a higher capacity when the plants have to grow down to search for their food and I never had any rootrot and my yields were not huge but for me 70 to 120+ grams per plant was enough for me..

This is Interesting to watch and learn something as we all need to upload our skills from time to time ;)

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I don't use either so I couldn't be of any help or give you a false answer but my runoff using perl/verc was never over 6.2 and my plants flurished....

Thiers peeps here who use coco/perl and they can answer that one for you ese`

Eol

Your DIYing looks good messn'n'gnommin! For those of you who want to keep it simple however, I am pleased to report that my hempy airpots are still going strong with no issues whatsoever two weeks later =)

First off, you will need: silicon sealant, air pots, some bin bags and some cable ties.

picture.php

I then filled the air holes just under 2 inches from the bottom with sealant and let this dry overnight, so it was fully water proof. I then cut out a circular piece of bin bag, and use the cable tie to make it into a base (I also used the base that comes with the air pots, just to take some of the weight of the medium off the bin bag).

picture.php

I then put another, larger piece of bin bag over the base, covering the silicon sealant holes too. This thus makes the next row of air holes the drainage holes.

picture.php

I then tested this with some water and it worked, no leaks unless I filled it above the drainage holes.

picture.php

Next I added the fytocell and it could take the weight of that too.

picture.php

Lastly, I added water to the pot and it could take the weight of that too. Only leaked if I filled above the drainage holes =)

picture.php

Simples!

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
Thanks! I was looking into air pots when I saw the screw thingy's that they use for them and when I saw the drywall anchors, something just clicked.

Last edited: