What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

R

Rysam

@rysam-do you think there will be any difference in flavor between the soil and the hempys?[/QUOTE]

No clue. As long as my herb doesnt smell/taste like lawn clippings i'm all good and really I've honestly never been able to tell what anything was grown in. After 6 runs, i'm really having a hard time with "organic" indoor soil, it just doesnt make enough financial sense to me i guess. Dont get me wrong, im 100% organic O.D. to the point of obsessive, but not indoor...anymore.

I doubt the soil plants will be in soil much longer. The hempys are just blowing them away. Big props to whoever came up with the MaxiBloom regime!

R

Rysam

I believe it is the *Kiss Method* thread mentioned earlier.

Basically its 1 tsp of GH Maxibloom per gallon of tap water, adjust Ph, and go.

Don take anything from me as gospel, Im just starting my hydro adventure and have very little clue as to what im really doing. Just starting the learning curve.

Derka

Straight osmocote +

Carl carlson has a great thread started on crf/trf, and is documenting a grow using osmocote +

I also started up a thread on the nutrients sub forum seeking additional information on the particular product.

Bonavendura

Hello everyone is there any differences in growth rates and potency between 100% perlite and perlite coco mix or it is just the longer watering intervals ?

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
@bona-I've found no difference in 100% perlite & 70% perlite w/ 30% vermiculite....I know that's not what you asked, but....for what it's worth.
Daili should be able to shed some light on this one.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@bona-I've found no difference in 100% perlite & 70% perlite w/ 30% vermiculite....I know that's not what you asked, but....for what it's worth.
Daili should be able to shed some light on this one.

what about watering scheduals ? do you water more often with just perilite compared to having some vermiculite in the mix ?

i'd rather use nutes 3 times a week rather than 7 times .... you see what i mean ?

Bonavendura

i make my nute supplies calculation based on one full strength watering every second day
and it goes like these for 18 3gallon 100% perlite hempys just for flowering.

flowering duration 70 days
waterings 35

2,4 liters every hempy every watering
2,4*18=43,2 liters every watering say 12 gallons

need 12*8 ml Micro = 96 ml every watering
need 12*16 ml Bloom = 192 ml every watering

Micro 96*35 = 3,360 ml
Bloom 192*35 = 6,720 ml

add to that the veg nutes and maybe you start looking for the K.I.S.S method like me.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
hempy will grow fastest with everyday or every other day watering once the plants roots have hit the internal res. doesn't matter if you use perlite or coco/perlite or perlite/vermiculite. water everyday or every other day for fastest growth. you can go longer but then you are cutting your self short of full hempy potential. Hempy watered everyday with full strength nutes once he was growing bigger plants. go back and read the 1st page. don't believe me is fine but you could try to believe Hempy who had time to experiment over the years and settled on watering everday, once the plants are established (big).

yes you can water less, yes the internal res gives you some flexability. you will still get max results by watering everyday.

I am far from an expert, just a regular user (I do coco:perlite & floranova but it's all the same) Hempy has been around a long time, it's proven to work.

Read the 1st page by page 96 you are just getting opinions. that's my opinion read what OP stated to do.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i'm basicly watering every other day with nutes for the stage of growth i'm in (right now is heavy veg growth ) & they use at least a quart at every watering without alot of runoff so these girls must be thirsty & are growing like mad !!!this is with a 4 to 1 perilite vermiculite mix ..... i'm thinking with just perilite i'd have to water every day the way these are drinking .or does the vermic just not hold that much water ?
can't wait to get my ph & ec pens so i can see exactly how much of the nutes they're using . they should be here any day .

Japanfreakier

Veteran
hempy will grow fastest with everyday or every other day watering once the plants roots have hit the internal res. doesn't matter if you use perlite or coco/perlite or perlite/vermiculite. water everyday or every other day for fastest growth. you can go longer but then you are cutting your self short of full hempy potential. Hempy watered everyday with full strength nutes once he was growing bigger plants. go back and read the 1st page. don't believe me is fine but you could try to believe Hempy who had time to experiment over the years and settled on watering everday, once the plants are established (big).

yes you can water less, yes the internal res gives you some flexability. you will still get max results by watering everyday.

I am far from an expert, just a regular user (I do coco:perlite & floranova but it's all the same) Hempy has been around a long time, it's proven to work.

Read the 1st page by page 96 you are just getting opinions. that's my opinion read what OP stated to do.

I don't really care what Hempy does. Other people have been around a long time as well and every person grows a little differently. If you want to blindly follow people that's up to you, I actually try shit in my garden, try watering more, try watering less and so on, every other day wasn't best for me. Experience, your own, not other's.

If I wanted to water every other day I'd get rid of the hempy bucket and just use a normal soil pot which drains out the bottom.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
posted by japanfreakier..
Water about once a week with nutes every time. 100% perlite.
i
m not doubting you man ...its just compared to my 2 gallon hempys i think my plants would be to dried out to recover after a week of feeding only once . i'm using a quart per plant every other day & i'm getting little to no run off . & thats with vermic in the mix . i just don't understand how things could be so drasticly different . are you using five gallon buckets with a deeper rez or something .... maybe a light feeder strain ????
just tryin to figure if maybe i'm feeding to much here or something .

Latest posts

Latest posts