What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

tinman

tinman-that sucks man...hate it for you...have you had any changes in temps/rh/water? Perhaps they need a nice flush and then back to the nutrient regiment? How close is the light from the canopy? Have you ever had this happen before? Are you sure you don't have a bug issue? Can you hang some strips in the room? I'm currently having some type of bug infestation with my peppers. It sucks...my peps have been growing nice and strong and producing tons of chilies for me since May and I had to cull one of them a few days ago....sprayed some insecticidal soap and this evening my number 3 & 4 peppers have those little bastards on them. I'm no expert at all, but I don't think ph at 6.5 will cause little white spots and necrosis to occur.

hiya dub! i have had some temp changes and i could probably could use a flush. seems i did that once before when ph was too high at almost 8 and it did them good. i cant find one little critter anywhere! what kind of strips are you refering to? i think ill put them up just in case. stiches thread for ph trob. and such seemed to have a pic similar to my prob. and indicated maybe the begining of ph troubles befor lockout of phosforus. the curling crispy ends concern me as well. choch suggests powdery midew. whats the fix for that?

tinman

ok,dub,i have thrips!! saw one of the little elusive bastards when i got off work and spent more time hunting around with the glass. what is the BEST way to fix this? it dont seem real bad and i dont want it to get bad. nip it in the bud,anj! nip it nip it nip it! shit hell damn it! got me all itchy! help!

j6p

ok,dub,i have thrips!! saw one of the little elusive bastards when i got off work and spent more time hunting around with the glass. what is the BEST way to fix this? it dont seem real bad and i dont want it to get bad. nip it in the bud,anj! nip it nip it nip it! shit hell damn it! got me all itchy! help!
Hey Tinman, Spinosad will take out thrips and spider mites within 1 to 2 days. Great stuff, fairly new. Extremely low toxicity, it doesn't hurt predator mites or ladybugs on plants ... Dogs eat it in pills for flea control.

The pest spray is concentrated; 1 pint costs $10 and makes gallons @ 2 tblspoon/gallon water. Then you spray it onto your plants. You can probably find it at a local garden store. Also Amazon has it in pints and quarts, links are below.

Green Light Organic Lawn & Garden Insect Control Spray With Spinosad - Pint #41116

Spinosad Garden Insect Spray 32 oz. by Monterey

It works great, and it won't contaminate your plants with poisons.

tinman

Hey Tinman, Spinosad will take out thrips and spider mites within 1 to 2 days. Great stuff, fairly new. Extremely low toxicity, it doesn't hurt predator mites or ladybugs on plants ... Dogs eat it in pills for flea control.

The pest spray is concentrated; 1 pint costs $10 and makes gallons @ 2 tblspoon/gallon water. Then you spray it onto your plants. You can probably find it at a local garden store. Also Amazon has it in pints and quarts, links are below.

Green Light Organic Lawn & Garden Insect Control Spray With Spinosad - Pint #41116

Spinosad Garden Insect Spray 32 oz. by Monterey

It works great, and it won't contaminate your plants with poisons.

j6p,thanx fer the links! i didnt find the concentrate today but i did find a brand that ya just spray rite from the bottle and the girl said it worked for her potatoes and peppers and aint had a prob sence! once again you peeps at ic helped me thru a prob within 24 hours!! i have the concentrate on order so im ready the next time!! kudos to you j6p!!!........tinman

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
tin-I've used Ed Rosenthals Zero Tolerance before and it worked great! It has a nice smell too. Be sure to pull your light up a bit before you spray and be sure to spray everything. Those little bastards will hide from you, but keep at 'em and kill all of them. I followed bottle instructions and it worked great. Good luck man....go get 'em!

bostrom155

Hello all,
This is the next to go down, some kind of NL. its nothing but colas. and a pic of my C99. i started 9 of them 8 look good
IMG_0582.jpg
IMG_0580.jpg
IMG_0579.jpg

smurph777

hey everyone,

About to embark with hempy bucket grow.

Are electronic meters really needed? Ec and pH.

There is no recirclulation of nutrients?

For example:

The nutrient solution is made up as instructed with the same water each time.

If this was in an ideal pH range (tested using a borrowed meter)

Would each time the pH be the same?

Trying to things on a minimal budget.

Cheers!

Nice1

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I agree with fishinnutt. Some use meters, some pens...I like the drops. I'm lucky to have excellent water and so ours stays the same every time. I use the drops when there is a change in my feeding schedule. Or when I'm trying out new things. My water starts a little high, but when I add a little liquid karma, it brings it down to the perfect mark.
If you're on city water, the ph may change from day to day I would imagine, albeit slightly, it still could move around a little bit.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Sure. I mean, as long as you kept your eyes on what the plant needed, then you could feed with it...may not require as much, so why wouldn't it work?

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
Does anyone have any anecdotal notes to share on cleaning/reusing their medium, or more specifically 75%perlite/25%vermiculite? I hate to sound like a cheap bastid, but if it isn't all that much trouble to clean, I would just as soon save the money, ya know?

lol...I guess I am a cheap bastid!

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I reuse all my medium. I'm at about 80/20 perlite/verm mix. My last two to three weeks in bloom, our plants are being flushed. After the plant comes down, the roots are cleaned out of the medium, the medium goes into a different container (bulk storage, 55gal. drum) and gets reused as the newly rooted clones are ready to go into their new home. I've been using this method for about a year now, and have had no problems. The way that I see it, when the plants are getting flushed, the medium is getting cleaned.

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
I reuse all my medium. I'm at about 80/20 perlite/verm mix. My last two to three weeks in bloom, our plants are being flushed. After the plant comes down, the roots are cleaned out of the medium, the medium goes into a different container (bulk storage, 55gal. drum) and gets reused as the newly rooted clones are ready to go into their new home. I've been using this method for about a year now, and have had no problems. The way that I see it, when the plants are getting flushed, the medium is getting cleaned.

Thanks, man!

I didn't know if the little bits of dried-out root left would hurt anything or not.

edit: "You cannot give rep to the same post twice."

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
mostly all of the root mass will come out with a little sifting. I have not had any issues with any left over material, I don't leave much at all, but I'm sure I don't get it all out.

hey guys this thread is awesome. i'm just on page 5 lol. but i have a question on nutes. can i use my earth juice organic nutes with this system?

Latest posts

Latest posts