What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

I hope someone can help me... If these were your plants, how would you fix this problem? Is it Magnesium, Nitrogen, or maybe both? They are almost 3 weeks into a 9 week flower period and got fed a 2-2-2 (transition?) ratio for the first 10days but now its 1-2-3. It started maybe a week ago but now it seems to be getting worse. Its not happening to all of them yet, but since they all get their tips burnt a few days ago and cut back on the nutes a bit, I'm starting to get worried. Now I'm feeding them twice a day with 2ml grow, 4ml micro, and 6ml bloom per every 2 liters of RO. They get plain water every third time and I feed them so often because they were overvegged and should have been transplanted. They are about 2' tall with 6-8 tops and still in 32oz containers of perlite. They are droopy since the 'sun' had turned off for the day.

This one is from the bottom, they seem to be yellowing w/ green veins and maybe some spots are developing on the oldest fan leaves.
picture.php

A few of them about half way up look like this
picture.php

Thanks for any help.

D

Dalaihempy

I hope someone can help me... If these were your plants, how would you fix this problem? Is it Magnesium, Nitrogen, or maybe both? They are almost 3 weeks into a 9 week flower period and got fed a 2-2-2 (transition?) ratio for the first 10days but now its 1-2-3. It started maybe a week ago but now it seems to be getting worse. Its not happening to all of them yet, but since they all get their tips burnt a few days ago and cut back on the nutes a bit, I'm starting to get worried. Now I'm feeding them twice a day with 2ml grow, 4ml micro, and 6ml bloom per every 2 liters of RO. They get plain water every third time and I feed them so often because they were overvegged and should have been transplanted. They are about 2' tall with 6-8 tops and still in 32oz containers of perlite. They are droopy since the 'sun' had turned off for the day.

This one is from the bottom, they seem to be yellowing w/ green veins and maybe some spots are developing on the oldest fan leaves.

Thanks for any help.

TheMonarch hi i dont understand your feeding are you mixing the nutrients to the instructions on the nutrients and mixing full strength or you mixing it diffrent and are you useing RO water if so are you adding KalMag becouse if your not you need to be.

And why are you needing to water 2 x a day 32oz containers there small right ?.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Monarch-my fan leaves degrade that soon on some of my plants and finish just fine. If you think you're over feeding or under feeding, flush 'em and go back with weak nutrients and build up until you find that happy spot and they flourish. Best of luck.

bostrom155

From some great advice. i bought a Hanna TDS-3 meter, not the best on the market but read some descent reviews. in the hope of getting better, on the list also is Floralicious Plus. Ive been reading alot of good stuff about this. Along with using my FNB

yhst-83212413117752_2083_17470658.jpg

bostrom155

Hello all.
Thanks Dub only 2 of the six are hempys the other 4 are soiless(peat mix). The hempy easily out performed the peat. i have 10 more buckets veggn now to be rotated in. and also have 4 2.5G trash cans going too.

Hey SG. its called permafrost. Its from the PNW, a buddys brother lives up their it has a trainwreck mom and ice princess dad from what ive read. The first pic is 6 weeks in, i pull at 60 days. The second pic is about 2 weeks in clearly gonna be the bigger one. 3rd is the soilless buckets.
It does not produce massive buds, but descent enough. Its got a menthol/mint flavor and although your ripped you still want to do shit. heres a thread with the info i got
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=119276
:santa1:

a6grow

hey guys any suggestions on techniques for the final flush before harvest? i have ro water with 100% perlite hempy...been feeding gh powder nutes with molasses, both properly dissolved in boiling water first and air pump bubbled. i was planning maybe a 5 or 6 day flush with plain ph6.0 ro water. should i water every other day or top off every day during the flush?? thanks!

hey guys any suggestions on techniques for the final flush before harvest? i have ro water with 100% perlite hempy...been feeding gh powder nutes with molasses, both properly dissolved in boiling water first and air pump bubbled. i was planning maybe a 5 or 6 day flush with plain ph6.0 ro water. should i water every other day or top off every day during the flush?? thanks!

personally i do a gradual flush. 1/2 strength nutes for a week-week and a half and then straight h2o until they are done.

i would just stick to your normal "feeding" schedule. if you fed every day normally, do the same with the RO water, if you did every other day, do that ...

goodluck let us know how it goes

merry christmas :xmastree:
sg

a6grow

thanks SG! its my first successful grow and this year i got some real christmas trees for xmas. merry christmas to u too~

tinman

TheMonarch hi i dont understand your feeding are you mixing the nutrients to the instructions on the nutrients and mixing full strength or you mixing it diffrent and are you useing RO water if so are you adding KalMag becouse if your not you need to be.

And why are you needing to water 2 x a day 32oz containers there small right ?.
so hempy, are you saying to add calmag if your using flora three part nutes? im using floranova grow for veg and floranava bloom for flowering,should i be adding calmag? and if so can i use blackstrap molasses instead?

150wPimpin

so hempy, are you saying to add calmag if your using flora three part nutes? im using floranova grow for veg and floranava bloom for flowering,should i be adding calmag? and if so can i use blackstrap molasses instead?

he said if your using RO water you have to add calmag

So if you are using RO water then yes you need to add calmag

tinman

thanx 150,is blackstrap mollasses a good alternitive? i have been hearing a lot about it and would like to try it,wut do ya think? i also just read sumthin about boiling it first. know anything about that?

150wPimpin

thanx 150,is blackstrap mollasses a good alternitive? i have been hearing a lot about it and would like to try it,wut do ya think? i also just read sumthin about boiling it first. know anything about that?

Ive never heard anything about boiling it. In fact I hear theres no need to even warm the water before mixing it.

I have also heard mixed opinions about using it. From what I can gather it all about timing with the blackstrap.

tinman

Ive never heard anything about boiling it. In fact I hear theres no need to even warm the water before mixing it.

I have also heard mixed opinions about using it. From what I can gather it all about timing with the blackstrap.
so what is it about the "timing"? is there a certain time to use blackstrap? i have used it on some plants that are in soil and were not lookin so good and they responded well! but i havent used them in my hempys yet.

BigGreen

Veteran
I use floranova bloom in flower with ro water I have never added calmag because it never needed it. I have my ph at 6.0 the entire grow and never seen any def ever. The only time I ever seen any yellow or spotting was when the plant got root bound in the 3 gallon pots so I moved them to 5 gal pots and they were good to go. Just keep your ph at 6.0 and you will never see any problems

150wPimpin

so what is it about the "timing"? is there a certain time to use blackstrap? i have used it on some plants that are in soil and were not lookin so good and they responded well! but i havent used them in my hempys yet.

well im not 100% sure about 50% of what I say but.

I believe your suppose to stop using the blackstrap the last week or 2

I dont use RO water either so im also not 100% sure about the calmag

I dont even have any calmag so maby look around a bit more for more info