What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

mexweed

Veteran
considering organic hempy if my current organic soil run doesn't pick up

50/50 perlite/vermiculite for the res, for the rest of the bucket 10% perlite, 20% vermiculite, and 70% coco, espoma garden tone mixed in for veg and tomato tone mixed in for flower, plain water/dirt md alternating feedings

the idea is for the espoma nutes to break down and leach into the res, becoming more concentrated as the plants get bigger, with the coco providing availability for the rest of the root structure

G

@mexweed
Start a grow report as I would love to follow. I really like the concept and I want you to prove me wrong, but I don’t think you could use the Epsoma nutrients as they break down too slowly; primarily for soil.
I think the success of hempies is it’s passive hydroponic foolproof-ness.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Anybody use molasses in their hempy pot? I usually hit mine once or twice; week 7 & 10 flowering....very weak, diluted. :tiphat:

brickweeder

considering organic hempy if my current organic soil run doesn't pick up

50/50 perlite/vermiculite for the res, for the rest of the bucket 10% perlite, 20% vermiculite, and 70% coco, espoma garden tone mixed in for veg and tomato tone mixed in for flower, plain water/dirt md alternating feedings

the idea is for the espoma nutes to break down and leach into the res, becoming more concentrated as the plants get bigger, with the coco providing availability for the rest of the root structure
sounds like a SIP but with media in the res.

mexweed

Veteran
came up with the idea because I have some leftover vermiculite, dirt md is a fulvic/humic supplement, I was considering doing alternating pure blend tea/liquid karma too, mainly thought of it because my soil run seemed stalled but I think they are taking off now

Earlmarne

came up with the idea because I have some leftover vermiculite, dirt md is a fulvic/humic supplement, I was considering doing alternating pure blend tea/liquid karma too, mainly thought of it because my soil run seemed stalled but I think they are taking off now

I run mini hempys with cocoa and ewc teas.
Honestly thinking on filling my whole room with them

tejashidrow

Hi
Slow thread but.......
Grew hempy years ago with great results.
Few years back I switched to organic notill with fantastic results, but life changed.
So.
I am now growing my first return to hempy grow, in perilite/vermiculite hempy in 2.5 gallon containers
40 watts square foot of quantum board led.
Every 3-4 days watering with megacrop @ 550 ppm s
R/o water
So what would be better
To add Mykos or add Dr Mary Jane root probiotic.
I’ve got both from my notill but just. Wondering Wich May work better

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I did read and follow the thread here and the one at mr nice but sadly it seamed to attract a lot of drama at times.Some people just cant help it they need to be the expert even if they have no clue. Years later i am honestly glad i shared it i see so many using it and loving it still.

festerous

Veteran
A few years ago I decided to try some sun gold tomatoes, in 5 gallon hempy buckets, with Coco and pure blend pro nutes.

The results were phenomenal with each plant reaching well over 12' at 43 north in partial shade.

Simple as could be.

I learned a lot from this grow as I wasn't worried about anything and pushed the ppm to the max with great results.

tronkyx

Question for the elders and hempy experts...

Question for the elders and hempy experts...

Hi,

I´m gonna start my 1st hempy grow with KISS Method.
3/1 Perlite/Vermiculite

Automated feeding subirrigated.

So I was concerned about water evaporation, and find this image on google.
Do you guys think if putting a black plastic at the top of the bucket will affect my plants due a lack of gas exchange or it will not be an issue?

I don't like green algae in my substrate.

Thanks

SIP7.jpg

Reggie1387

Hey fellow hempy growers. Not sure if it’s been answered over the 400+ pages but do hempy buckets need lids? Or should I cover my buckets with something?

Attachments

• C9D7CDF6-D4B7-4FE9-A9B5-3ACBCAF86A12.jpg
    C9D7CDF6-D4B7-4FE9-A9B5-3ACBCAF86A12.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 61

olday

Veteran
Hey fellow hempy growers. Not sure if it’s been answered over the 400+ pages but do hempy buckets need lids? Or should I cover my buckets with something?

Hey Reggie - Is that a 3x3 and what is the grate/stand they are sitting on? I guess what is under it too and does it make draining and clearing the space a lot easier?

Reggie1387

Hey Reggie - Is that a 3x3 and what is the grate/stand they are sitting on? I guess what is under it too and does it make draining and clearing the space a lot easier?

Hi mate sorry I didn’t know you replied. It’s a 4x4. It’s a mesh panel I found at my hardware store. And laying (attached) on a 20L tote. I have a pump in the tote and empty it daily if I can. It is easier to clean but I don’t have any room really in my tent. The panel is 900x800mm. But now I’m in flower and my tents getting packed

Attachments

• 9E48DF54-035B-4D5F-A87E-354312FC3C8C.jpg
    9E48DF54-035B-4D5F-A87E-354312FC3C8C.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 64