What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
What's the difference in simplicity from maxi to jacks?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

no difference in simplicity in my estimation...the jack's is just cheaper per serving. I've used both and prefer the Jack's....also, I'd say that the Jacks breaks down more completely then the maxi did for me.

perfekto

Hey!, i wounder i can either get 2litre's bottles or 3 litre's buckets. is the yeild wise alot higher in a 3 litre's buckets?. will doing SoG style in a flowering space that is 60x60x180 centimeters. and the space for motherplants and clones until they get roots is 40x40x140 centimeters

i'm not new to growing and i was good when doing them in soil but now i wanna try out the hempy bucket instead. so what is better yeild wise. 2litre's or 3litre's?. since i wont vegg them once the clones gets some roots they will go asap into flowering stage....

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Hey! i'm about to go SoG with hempy buckets for the first time. but i will use 2 litre bottle's but i want to know do you use perlit only in the resoir? and then mix 3 part perlit and 1 part vermculit and mix it up. but is it only perlit in the bottom?.

yeah man, i use coco (which is what hempy upgraded to himself after a while) and have never used the perlite/vermiculite mix so i can't really answer this one.

then i wounder. whats the best way to make succesful clones?. i cut a clone of and then put it what?. what kinda things can i use maybe those root!it!?. i put some rooting gel on the stem and then what give em only water or should i use root nutrien?. someone help me out here couse i'm about to start in just some few days....

...this one i have no problem answering though and here is a link to a thread that will provide you with an endless supply of rooted clones.

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42847"]World class cloner new at walmart[/URL]

and trust me, this thing works like a charm, if you follow the few simple instructions, you can't fail.

Hey!, i wounder i can either get 2litre's bottles or 3 litre's buckets. is the yeild wise alot higher in a 3 litre's buckets?. will doing SoG style in a flowering space that is 60x60x180 centimeters. and the space for motherplants and clones until they get roots is 40x40x140 centimeters

i'm not new to growing and i was good when doing them in soil but now i wanna try out the hempy bucket instead. so what is better yeild wise. 2litre's or 3litre's?. since i wont vegg them once the clones gets some roots they will go asap into flowering stage....

...and since you won't be vegging them i'd say use the 2liter 'pots' as there is no advantage to using larger pots in that situation.

here's a picture of a couple in 2liter hempys that yielded nearly 2zips per plant.

picture.php

bozo

Bozo those things are impressive. We are doing a combo of 2l and 1 gal buckets. Have not been able to veg very long so mine are not quite that big. I'll put a pic of my 2L I cut 3 months ago later when I get home. Awesome work bozo. You know I've been a follower and student since I started.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Wow!! Great work Bozo! What nutrients do you use, how long did you veg for? Nearly 2oz's from a soda bottle?, WTF-that is awesomeeeee!

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Bozo those things are impressive. We are doing a combo of 2l and 1 gal buckets. Have not been able to veg very long so mine are not quite that big. I'll put a pic of my 2L I cut 3 months ago later when I get home. Awesome work bozo. You know I've been a follower and student since I started.

thanks man and i remember when you popped your first bean bro, ...you've come a long way man and mostly because you were willing to do the homework, you never needed anyone to hold your hand! ...so kudo's to you too my friend.

Wow!! Great work Bozo! What nutrients do you use, how long did you veg for? Nearly 2oz's from a soda bottle?, WTF-that is awesomeeeee!

thanks man and those were fed KISS style so nothing but MaxiBloom from clone to harvest, with the caveat that i use Silica Blast as a ph up and when i flush i like to do it with a molasses solution rather than just water. ...i use about 1 tablespoon of molasses for a 2 gallon container.

Bozo, very nice indeed! Gives me some great ideas. Keep it up!!!

thanks man, and you already know you've given me a few ideas over the years, lol, ...not least of which being the Jack's Pro, so it's nice hearing my fumblings have made you think.

bozo

G

gloryoskie

Hey bozo, what's up.

Nice gear you got there, do you brew the molasses or just mix with water and use?

Pardon if you have answered earlier in the thread, its late and I'm thrashed.

peace.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Hey bozo, what's up.

Nice gear you got there, do you brew the molasses or just mix with water and use?

Pardon if you have answered earlier in the thread, its late and I'm thrashed.

peace.
no sweat man and no, i just mix and use, ...i'm a lazy phuck by nature, lol.

...i actually cut back by half on the molasses (i'm now only using 1tablespoon for a 2gallon container), i'm not sure yet but i was getting an anaerobic smell when i was using the molasses during the flush, ...it's only been a few days now since i started the flush this cycle and so far at least there is no smell and my plants are lookin' VERY nice, ...i'll be harvesting a few days before new years so i'll post up some pics after the holidays.

...have a happy and all that, lol.

peace, bozo

G

gloryoskie

An anaerobic smell, what was ambient temps then vs now, I wonder.

Looking forward to the harvest myself with gear I got going, will try a modified molasses
flush and see what's what.

Thanks for the reply!

Murry Christmas.

2000pm

Those are nice plants out of those bottles Bozo!

How long are y'all who are using the 2L bottles going between waterings?

About to start a new run and am probably going to start beans this time instead of clones to do a mother hunt or few so I wanted to get more than 4 plants going at once.

A 2L SOG style instead of my last scrog seems like it would work well and give me enough plants for a selection, but I am just worried about how often one has to water with such a small container. I did perlite last time but will probably switch to coco to help hold more moisture because of this.

Also, with such a small rootspace, what is your strategy for flipping to flower?

bobman

Couple of tips for anyone looking to go the 2liter route. Coke bottles suck if you are going to transplant up from them. I would suggest pepsi or generic because coke bottles have a ridge at the bottom and it is horrible to get the plants out once you get good root growth. Look for a bottle that is smooth all the down the bottle.

Also get an idea of how you can support the bottles They tip easy once the plant gets bigger. And that can be a huge pain.

Finally, I did not cover my bottles and got a bunch of green algea. I dont think it affected anything but i did mysteriously lose one plant each run late in flower.

Overall, I saw my most explsive growth in 2 liter all perlite hempys. But the tipping was a huge pain. Not sure yet how I am going to proceed this run. I think dollar store one gallon buckets are probably a better route.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Those are nice plants out of those bottles Bozo!

How long are y'all who are using the 2L bottles going between waterings?

About to start a new run and am probably going to start beans this time instead of clones to do a mother hunt or few so I wanted to get more than 4 plants going at once.

A 2L SOG style instead of my last scrog seems like it would work well and give me enough plants for a selection, but I am just worried about how often one has to water with such a small container. I did perlite last time but will probably switch to coco to help hold more moisture because of this.

Also, with such a small rootspace, what is your strategy for flipping to flower?
thanks man but that was the last run i did in those pots, i've moved up to 6liters now, ...AND it was a year ago, lol. ...i do remember though that i wasn't vegging hardly at all, maybe two weeks in solo cups after potting up from the cloner and another 2 weeks in the 2liter pots and then into the budding chamber.

Couple of tips for anyone looking to go the 2liter route. Coke bottles suck if you are going to transplant up from them. I would suggest pepsi or generic because coke bottles have a ridge at the bottom and it is horrible to get the plants out once you get good root growth. Look for a bottle that is smooth all the down the bottle.

Also get an idea of how you can support the bottles They tip easy once the plant gets bigger. And that can be a huge pain.

Finally, I did not cover my bottles and got a bunch of green algea. I dont think it affected anything but i did mysteriously lose one plant each run late in flower.

Overall, I saw my most explsive growth in 2 liter all perlite hempys. But the tipping was a huge pain. Not sure yet how I am going to proceed this run. I think dollar store one gallon buckets are probably a better route.

one of the things i did to help with the top-heavyness was to stop using perlite in the res and instead i used hydroton or grorocks, it doesn't help much though so i also used to put them inside Folgers coffee cans which helped a lot, to stabilize AND to catch runoff.

picture.php

...and i don't know if you can see it but i was also using 3liter gingerale bottles and these are great because being green, the light doesn't cause algae growth.

anyway, i'm now using these 6liter 'pots' i got at the dollar store and, oddly enough, i only paid a buck each, lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...oh yeah, just as an aside, these were my 'pots' of choice when i was running my high-density micro-SOG. ...the same only different, lol.

picture.php

picture.php

peace, bozo

2l hempys work

2l hempys work

Well here's my 2l i harvested few months ago. they were vegged for about 6 weeks. Snowcap and SourDiesel and yes they are both bagseed.
picture.php

SourD
picture.php

Snowcap
picture.php

they were beauties. But now Im running into the problems everyone warned me about a partner. He wants to start changing shit up when I showed him i was capable of pulling out dispensary grade shit on my 4th harvest! SO we are in a bit of a muck, we get along great, but im gonna have go back to my LST and gonna have be at grow house more often.we were trying this 2l SOG but its not turning near what i was with LST. Im getting laid off of work next week(job of 4 yrs) deciding to go back to school, so i will have plenty of time to make sure my ass is over there everyday and he's not "tweaking things".

2l work great but i'm noticing in our grow that my 1 gal black pots have a bigger radius thus allowing for more root growth and they are growing much faster than the 2l. Good trick BOZO with the ginger ale bottles, ill remember that. Here's my veg room as of now..

I honestly am ashamed to show my flower closet on this thread. If you wanna see it i will be updating my KISS grow thread on my signature soon, but honestly for 550w we aint got shit. Partly my fault and his. But of course i with the knowledge, take the blame.

I may seem upset , but this hobby has offered me more than anything else in life. I have literally fallen in love with the marijuana plant all over again. And im happy to just be growing... grow on brothers grow on and oh yeah... hempys the way!

moonymonkey

im new at this but,im in 6inch cu off 2liter bottle,all perlite.wen i transplant peat pellet,i flood it,wen it weighed 3/4 of that i wter 2ounces,wen roots hit bottom,i flood from then on.after that wen i got to water this time,i have to run it drier then before,from then out,my pot wants to feel really light wen it wants water.the moisture meter is only good down to its driest reading,pots still not dry enough,cuz the pots not light enough,thats the key for me.plant was purpling from top down,before i figured it out,geting watered too soon.by keepng my data,i was able to ,me fi ,me self.btw across from parents major bust,raid,growers..0 arest,florida..hey u know they gotta away,andthere still runing today!....peace moon/santa gandum style...merry x-mas ummm bannana cimmion muffins/

Last edited:

moonymonkey

hello justanotherbozo,nice plants! are you using halides?at what strength feed did you start at,how often,an when do you use just plain water? i was using osmocote plus to elminate alot of other factors,since i never used hempy before,so the just had to use ph adjusted water.i do have the maxi food.just playing it safe...peace mm/

whitelight

Question: I have been using Tiger bloom in flowering and have ran out of the nutrient due to the holidays I am unable to get any more until after the first of the year but need some now. does anyone know if it would be safe to switch bloom nutrient brands? I have flora Nova bloom.