What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Yuno.Who

Yuno
Me too! I tried the 2l and they are great for space. I will not use them again though as we have too much space and need mucho medication. I think 2.5 gal or 10L are best. I got mine around $1.50 a piece check ur local dollar store
These are 6wks View attachment 182133

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Those look girls look nice, I was just showing a gro bro of mine that was here one of the white rhino's i pulled today and he coulnt believe the yield from a 2l and the size the plant gets. look similar to the ones in your pics. But I totally agree with you on the 10L and the dollar store lol.

nvthis

Hey everyone, new to growing and posting on this site.

I have a couple of these 2.25 gallon Mr beer fermenters laying around. Would these work for hempy buckets? They already have a hole for drainage. The only problem I see is having to water straight down the center of the bucket.

View Image

Oh man, you gotta do one in this thing, just for the pics...

moonymonkey

hello....me here..im trying hempy out first time,filled up 20 oz cups 90% with perlite,then toped it off with 3 tlbs of mg prefertilized,to plant seeds in,works well.i also added the new osmocote plus minors.now just watering lik house plant.i used all perlite on clones,waited till they were 1inch dry down,t.wen i start cups,i can usally water first time wen cups weigh 1/2 the flood weight for the seedling only useded clear cups,for you can see those roots hit that bottom in no time!...i watered the clone 5 times and its roots hit bottom,slam its on,go time..cheers...peace ya moon/skippy buckets:woohoo::tiphat::peacock::blowbubbles::dance013:

Last edited:

moonymonkey

once again late for the party...by the way used tap water...no ph for me...especially in large volume,were theres more buffering ....peace

moonymonkey

yo,forgot to say im using florescents lighting t-5 4ft. fixtures.started clones in cut off 2liters bottles cut to around 6inch in height.wen transplanted flooded the pot,after that i gave it 2 oz,s of water till roots hit bottom,then flood from there on out.jellyfish havent done a comparison,but somtimes ph aint all about numbers.large pots afect drainage,afecting ph...college tech....peace moooon/

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
ph aint all about numbers? wtf? yeah, all the things you mention affect ph, but ultimately ph IS a number, silly monkey. :cathug:

moonymonkey

hello,well....ull say enviorment too...i didnt say all the time,too many ways to grow..yea those numbers do matter...how ever u do it,wat everway u get best growth..not trying to b a dick.....just saying..peace moon/smarytown

moonymonkey

cool stuff bb4200,just wanted to say i used all perlite with my clones,stuff grows like rockets bein launched.i had to change this statement i made earlier,about seemed lik the roots are more afected by ph intead of the perlite,not true people soak mediums,to get ph were they want in some cases.im not hydro person.my appoliges..bad stupid memory,piss on me i deservre it...venting fool,kicks meself in the rearxxxxxx...now i feel better....peace mm/im all ears..an visual..focus

Last edited:

whitelight

are village recently installed a water softener and now I'm having crazy pH swings. I pH to about 6 after nutes but the very next day I'm back to 7 and a half. I'm using Floranova series grow liquid karma and Cal Mag. in bloom I'm using Tiger bloom liquid karma Cal Mag. what can I do to stabileyes my PH with this water?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get an RO unit & you'll have 0ppm's & 7.0 PH .... or damn close to it . i switched to RO a couple years ago & will never go back to tap .

whitelight

that is with RO water. I have done side by sides with ro water and tap water. reverse osmosis water swings much faster than the water from out of the tap. I haven't had any pH swings whatsoever using reverse osmosis water the whole time until the village install the new water softener. now no matter which water i use reverse osmosis or tap water the swing is mad.

whitelight

well I'm stumped here. doesn't anyone have any ideas? I made a bucket of nutrients using reverse osmosis water at midnight and pH itto 6 and at 7 this morning the pH went back up to 7 and a half! I'm used I'm used to the pH changing as the plants feed but with this I don't know what to do.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Wait a few days... Is the RO unit new? When I replace my filters, the pH will be off a bit-then go back to and stay normal.

whitelight

my unit is not new the filters have about 60 gallons on them. the only thing that has changed is the villages put in a new water softener, and that changes caused a pH swing in my water. I think I'm going to makes my nutrients and then let them sit for a day before I do anything with the pH. nutrients bring my reverse osmosis water pH down to about 4and half and maybe after sitting for a full day the pH will come back up to about 5 and a half or so and stay there. I haven't had any problems I couldn't handle for many many years so this challenges been somewhat of a nice break from all the rederic of growing.

whitelight

and thanks Dan and Bob for your input. I was told this was a good site to go to that most were very friendly and willing to help. so far that has been my experien
ce here! I agree that reverse osmosis water is the only way to go. I like to have full control over what I'm feeding to my girls.

jorgeblen

hello fellas, I am about to start a new grow in a coco hempy. everything set, just waiting for the seed to germinate. I just would like you suggestions about nutrients please: canna coco a&b or gh floranova grow/bloom? I havent tried either of these. thanks

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like canna better than GH .... but thats just my personal opinion ")

Latest posts

Latest posts