What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

someotherguy

Veteran
Question how much light do these clones need? Can I grow them undler cfl's for a week or so till they root?

you don't need much light at all for cloning, a single 13watt CFL provides enough to root cuts.

...here's a shot of my clone box where i originally had a bulb above the cloners that proved to be too hot, fortunately for me, reflected light from the bulbs down below provide all the light the clones need to root.

picture.php

peace, SOG

Seedlin

Just got back from a buddy's place and all my clones are drooped over 3 hours after taking....Normal or am I freakin out for nuttin. Have em under 6-23watt clf's. Is that too much??:watchplant:

Feijao

Depending on how close your lights are Seedlin it might be to much. I run one 2 foot t5 over my clones for several days and its always seemed like enough to me.

someotherguy

Veteran
Sog-thats a great idea for saving space and watts

thanks man, when i built it the plan was to passively capture the heat from those lower bulbs to warm the cloners, ...i actually got lucky the reflected light was sufficient because otherwise i'd have had to do a major overhaul, ...that shelf wasn't built to move, lol.

...and yes Seedlin, 138watts is too much, ...the droop on the other hand COULD be normal, i've had that happen too and they almost always recover.

...turn all those lights off but one, ...you're not trying to GROW something, you're trying to ROOT something.

peace, SOG

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
If I may ask how much light will these clones need to root? Can I use my cfl's...

When I root cuts in a non-hydro way, I'll put the plants in a spot that's warm with room-light only. For about a week.

After that they go under fluoros, MH or HPS, whatever my veg lamp happens to be at the time. 3-4' away for HID lamps, 1.5' for fluoros..... lights move down over the next few days. Not too close... not until they root. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
my cuttings are in a shaded area of my veg room. Indirect light is great...and once you get it, you'll be very happy 'cause you'll have more cuttings than you have space! What a wonderful problem to have.
Hope all you mothers out there had a great day.

Seedlin

Thanks SOG. Turned em all off but one. All of the clone ladies are back erect cept one just saggin a little and she was cut from the main stalk at the top of the plant. (Just tryin something. Might be a fuk up but I wanna know).

Next question does anyone mist their plants while flowering? Mine just starting to make little buds and sittin there stoned, looking and my ladies I had this idea....:canabis:

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I will mist mine w/ a little liquid karma and with all the fans off. I get between the bulb & the plant and spray them. I don't do this when the flowers start forming and we only do this a few times a week when we do it.

Seedlin

Cool so no misting when flowering but not a bad thing to do while in veg..Thanks man. Like I've said before, this is my trial run. Doing this and that to my bag seed plants just to see. I bought some Klonike Gold beans thur a bud just the other day. Anybody ever heard of the strain? Ive got some other beans ordered thru Attitude but there seems to be a problem with my m/o getting to them. Sent a second letter and it made it thru...Hmmm.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
No i didn't say not to do it in veg....and I didn't say not to to do it during flower. I'm saying that I don't spray after they've been in bloom for a few weeks. We do use it during veg but honestly haven't seen much of any kind of difference between the plants that we do mist & the one's we don't. Once we switched our feeding from Maxibloom (KISS method) to Jack's Pro, our plants haven't looked better. No deficiencies or lockout problems, which I don't think had much if anything to do with spraying them. We were spraying them to give them a boost, but I really haven't seen much of a bonus behind it.

I was foliar feeding with the technaflora thrive alive b1. But stopped about one week into flower. I noticed it works well on cuttings too.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

someotherguy

Veteran
No i didn't say not to do it in veg....and I didn't say not to to do it during flower. I'm saying that I don't spray after they've been in bloom for a few weeks. We do use it during veg but honestly haven't seen much of any kind of difference between the plants that we do mist & the one's we don't. Once we switched our feeding from Maxibloom (KISS method) to Jack's Pro, our plants haven't looked better. No deficiencies or lockout problems, which I don't think had much if anything to do with spraying them. We were spraying them to give them a boost, but I really haven't seen much of a bonus behind it.

hey dub, is this the right Jack's Pro? ...at Amazon they're callin' it a foliar feed, 27-15-12. ...25lbs for $39.49 + $11.00 shipping.

is this the one part you've replaced MaxiBloom with?

thanks in advance bro, ...that is one heck of a price difference, even with the shipping.

peace, SOG

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I don't get mine from Amazon...I get it from JR peters website and it runs about $35 for 25lbs. It is the 5-12-26 formula and I use it along with Jack's Calcium Nitrate 15-0-0.

please help

please help

hi guys , this is my litlle plant white russian , she is 1 month old , the nutrient i gave is flora series , i feed her like the chart 7ml of grow micro and bloom in 10 L of tap water , the ph is about 5,8-6 , i don't know what to do anymore

she is the only one in hempy the others are in soil , and the same thing

Attachments

• Poza596.jpg
    Poza596.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Latest posts