What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

...Since my last updat the new growth on that plant is looking very healthy, and im thinking about taking some of those fans leaves out...

Considering the size of your plants and the fact that they're already in flower, I'd advise not to take off the fan leaves.

If you veg for longer on your next run ie getting your plants bigger, then you might want to experiment in a plant or two with regards to de-leafing.

@dubwise- i read somewhere in the 12/12 thread that it can help to put more energy into bud production, who knows though i may have read something wrong, there's just so much info on here

@grassott's dad- What is the reasoning behind not removing them? And i will definitely be going a bit larger on my text time around, planning on a 150w hps in a larger cab. Thanks for your response

What is the reasoning behind not removing them?

Your plants are too small and they're in flower. The limited amount of energy (stored in leaves) are needed for bud production IMHO. If your plants were bigger, they'd have more budsites and leaves.

You see, this is why I chop off leaves during veg. Budsites get light and leaves grow back. De-leafing in veg preps the plant before going into flower.

Also, this is your first crop, right? Therefore, I'd advise to gain some experience first before taking an advanced step of de-leafing. Chop off too much due to inexperience and your plants wont be too happy. Don't be like my son. He likes to run before he can walk too. He gets it from his mother lol

And i will definitely be going a bit larger on my text time around, planning on a 150w hps in a larger cab.

That's more like it :dance013:

Thanks for your response.

My pleasure dude.

PS. You'll get some funny guy who's bad marking ALL my posts. Just laugh and ignore it. I do. You seem like the type of guy who appreciates help and that's why helping someone who's willing to learn like yourself is a very humbling experience for me.

PS. You'll get some funny guy who's bad marking ALL my posts. Just laugh and ignore it. I do. You seem like the type of guy who appreciates help and that's why helping someone who's willing to learn like yourself is a very humbling experience for me.

I'm here to learn and if it werent for this site and people willing to help id have the cannabis grow bible i read last year as a guide, great starting point but its guys (or gals) like you who really make it possible by answering all of these questions

cool beans, if he himself says it, guess its gotta work lol. Ill start to pluck here and there as i go, dont want to do anything to crazy this time around, maybe dedicate one more plant to get the full pluck. Speaking of beans, had about a half oz of some juicy fruit from a friend, literally the last nugget goes into the grinder, open it up, and what to i have....5 BEAUTIFUL SEEDS!!! The top of the last nug i smoke, and im gifted with 5 seeds of some super stoney genetics!!

...cool beans, if he himself says it, guess its gotta work lol...

WAIT WAIT WAIT, PLEASE CONSIDER THIS...

Hempy grows in BUCKETS not cups. He vegges his plants PROPER HUGE before flower. His grow room has hps lights. He is experienced (one of the greatest indoor growers in the world). He has a PROPER GROW ROOM which can hold 9FT MONSTERS.

Seriously, get to grips with the basics on your current set up. When you get a bigger grow space with bigger lights, then give de-leafing a go.

If I was you, I would not try it on your current crop. Just my friendly opinion.

Coco hempy thread.. post #107. Hempy wrote that one

Nice post. But IMVHO de-leafing isn't for micro growers with short veg times. IME it takes a good 3 weeks for a plant to fully recover from a massive de-leafing.

@ELP - If you're gonna try it (which I don't think you should but we have our own minds lol) please don't go wild. Just pluck the odd leaf which is blocking light to budsites. Or better still, tuck them away if you can.

I was just kinda crackin a joke there, DalaiHempy has done unbelievable things that i still am blown away by. Im just gonna try a few plants with removing some leaves, if it does help to increase yields, awesome for those few plants, if it doesnt have an effect or has a negative effect, i wont do it next time. I'm really not hopin for mass yields on this first run, (obviously lolz) im just pumped to smoke on something i grew. My planets that are in my other box are the ones im hopin for some more serious yield from. They vegged out for about 30 days and just got flipped a couple days ago. Ive been doing much more training and whatnot in that box.

Attachments

• P1010739.jpg
    P1010739.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 11
^Ah now that's a nicer crop than you had before. Bigger containers too. Yes, if I was you, I'd chop off the odd leaf which is blocking potential bud sites and veg them a bit longer if possible. Just take care if you do. Any reason why you flipped them already?

kind of a weird reason actually, but that box is a weird like greenhouse box or something from a friend, it has reflective panels but they arent lightproof, i dont really know, but it was in the corner of my bathroom so i could close the door and the light wouldnt be an issue, wellp, im kind of sick of sitting on my toilet sideways to poo, so they got put in the closet with the other box, and needed to be on the same light cycle (neither box is very light tight) I also didnt want them getting huge because smell is going to be a concern of mine with that box cuz theres really no way i could add a scrubber to it. Again, poor planning kinda kicked me in the butt...but oh well

Wicking

Wicking

Perlite is a wicking material regardless of what dalihempy's opinion is. No disrespect intended.

Now, the issue is the capillary rate of the media in question. If it's capillary rate is low enough to not allow it to become heavier than water then it will float, there goes that argument. Perlite, has what many consider to be a perfect capillary rate that lends to evaporation aeration and moisturization at close to ideal. This is the same principle that allows one to grow in a 100% Hydroton Hempy. Hydroton has a capillary rate of more than zero. A cannon ball however does not.

think floating log...........

hope this clears this up for everyone

tfd

someotherguy

Veteran
...yeah, when growing under CFLs I wouldn't be looking to do any vegging, you won't get any real penetration so trying for big plants can be frustrating, ...IMO you're better off flipping multiple clones within days of rooting. ...just grow budsicles, whats better, one hundred gram plant or ten ten gram plants?
picture.php

Peace, SOG

...yeah, when growing under CFLs I wouldn't be looking to do any vegging, you won't get any real penetration so trying for big plants can be frustrating...

Hmmm. Here's a pic of one of my son's previous crops. They were vegged under cfl's...
picture.php

And if I had the space I'd rather one 100gm plant. Looking after one monster is better than looking after 10 clone-lings IMHO. I guess I'm a kinda "grow big or go home" type of guy and other people like to look after "pretty little things". Either way is cool in my book. What ever rocks your boat innit :)

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Hmmm. Here's a pic of one of my son's previous crops. They were vegged under cfl's...

And if I had the space I'd rather one 100gm plant. Looking after one monster is better than looking after 10 clone-lings IMHO. I guess I'm a kinda "grow big or go home" type of guy and other people like to look after "pretty little things". Either way is cool in my book. What ever rocks your boat innit :)
hmmm, ...well heres a few shots of some of my 'dads' plants and they weren't vegged at all, and thats the hole in your logic.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...you see grasshopper, if we start on the same day, me with my 10 'clone-lings' and you with your single 'clone-ling', 8 weeks later, when your clone has vegged enough to be flipped and start the process of becoming that 'go big or go home' monster, i'm harvesting my 10 'pretty little things's and starting 10 more.

...just because people do things differently than you doesn't make them wrong or you right.

Bozo

...just because people do things differently than you doesn't make them wrong or you right.

Bozo

Hi Bozo, very nice to meet you mate :)

I fully agree with you on this statement as indicated at the end of my last post. However, it seems that your dad and my son fell out over simple little things in the past lol, causing my son to close his account in anger (silly boy, so he is). I won't be posting my son's impressive pics because he did that already, a few pages ago. But you gotta admit, my boy (yeah yeah he gotta big mouth I know, blame his mum for that!) can produce monsters under a 400w bulb. He does this by following Hempy's KISS method without deviation. They both veg up their plants to maximise yields IMHO, and this thread is called the "Official Hempy BUCKET Thread" after all.

On saying that, you think your grow style's better than ours and vice versa, which is great. We still like you both and we won't bad mark your posts willy nilly.

I suggest that we both give our opinions in a friendly manner and let the other readers/new growers think for themselves. That's the only thing that my son and I wish for.

Freezer Boy said himself that debate dragged us out of the cave ;)

Can you and your dad agree to this?

Peace.

I know that the two of you, Grass and SOG, have been the two main people givin me advice thus far, and im definitely taking in that advice, i appreciate getting the two different sides of the spectrum, because it is very helpful for what i am currently doing, as well as helping me get ready for the future, hell, both of you guys have awesome crops, just different styles, like you said SOG, the whole being able to harvest a month or two earlier is a huge factor, especially for my broke ass, so lets keep this thread goin, (as well as mine lol) in a happy manner...were all friends here!!

Go Green

I know that the two of you, Grass and SOG, have been the two main people givin me advice thus far, and im definitely taking in that advice, i appreciate getting the two different sides of the spectrum, because it is very helpful for what i am currently doing, as well as helping me get ready for the future, hell, both of you guys have awesome crops, just different styles, like you said SOG, the whole being able to harvest a month or two earlier is a huge factor, especially for my broke ass, so lets keep this thread goin, (as well as mine lol) in a happy manner...were all friends here!!

Go Green

^ You gotta love this guy ;)