What's new

The Official 2012 Beer Cup Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

delic

yah what he said. also how long did u veg them befor u put them into flowering cycle? cuz iv got some new plants going now and I plan on veging them for around 2 months befor i flower them.
what advice do u have that would help me get them to grow huge like urs did. I been feeding them pure blend pro veg formula.

cheers (i think), 4 weeks veg as per the rules.
Veg as long as you can for your space. Other than that I've got no special advice, I grow in dirt in a wardrobe. I'm just growing for myself and slowly getting better thanks to knowledge and people here in icmag.:tiphat:

-delic

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
the rules were changed for this round, so it was 4 months from start to finish, no fixed veg. time rule.

delic

Doh! I must still be on last years rules, maybe I should lay off the weed! But after some careful consideration I think I'll keep smoking and keep trying harder to grow nicer plants.

Thanks for the help folks, I need it.

-delic

John Deere

Veteran
I smoked one of the small buds off my dead gal tonight. Not quite fully dried yet but close enough to sample. It smoked great, not harsh at all and the exhale was 100% lime. It's awesome. Feeling pretty fine right now. I've got another small bud sitting here that'll get burned shortly. I'm interested to see how the early chop affected the high.

delic

Harvest day today. They got their final water on Thursday at lights on. Then I turned the lights off on Friday, so they got 48 hours darkness before they got choped today. The idea there is too stress them a little so they have a final push to ripen. Don't know if it works, just thought I try it since these plants are in their own cabinet.

Took a few pics before and after a trim, as below. I'll give them most of the week too dry before their final photo shoot

Before their trim

picture.php

Bushys top bud

picture.php

Lanky top bud

picture.php

John Deere

Veteran
Just a quick group shot this week. I'll chop next weekend for the official end date which will be 9 weeks flower. Losing some leaves due to some funky crisping. I'm guessing I OD'd them on alfalfa--a little goes a long way. Buds still look good, though.

picture.php

L

LouDog420

Man o man, looking frosty in here gents!! Just a few days left here, so get those last frost filled shots in ;)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so the 120 days are almost up eh?
if a new thread gets started for the results (like last time) please someone link to it here... i missed out on voting last time cuz i missed the next thread for votes and results....
cant wait till next round, hope i caan get in on it,

GREAT JOB everyone, delic, thrichrider, john deere

John Deere

Veteran
Last day of the challenge and harvest day for me. Good timing, huh?

I would have let plant 1 go a bit longer if today wasn't the end but I've got a clone of her that I can let fully finish. I'm trying a reveg on 2 (purple and the strongest straight lime scent) and 3 (strong lime cleaner scent and biggest, fastest growth). I've only tried a reveg once and it failed so I'm open to all suggestions.

I finished smoking the one that died earlier. Lime exhale that lingered quite awhile. Nicely relaxing with some head buzz and it must have been plenty strong because I woke up still sitting at my computer a couple late nights.

I took lots of pix today so check my album if you want to see the rest.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Here is all I got, some of the pics were already posted in the thread. I really stressed them, they have way less cristals than I expected but the smell and high are still nice. tried some microscope pics, but i could not focus well on the buds, so I gave up. Harvest was just under 10 gr.

It was a pleasure beeing in this contest with you guys. I'll sure join another one in the future to redeem myself. this being the first time I flower plants in such small recipients, I'm really happy I could finish them. And I've sure learned a lot.

I'll puff a big blunt this night in honour of you, brothers. Congrats!

Last edited:

delic

Nice looking buds there JD, I'm a sucker for a bit of purple. :biggrin:

Been busy this weekend but managed to snap some pics of the Stella sisters buds. First up all the bud after 5 days drying. from left to right, Lankys main stalk buds (11.5g), Bushys main stalk buds (9g) and a mix of their popcorn (9.5g). Not a bad turn out with a nice musky smell.

picture.php

After 2 days in a jar.

picture.php

Both top buds

picture.php

A little close up of a small bud.

picture.php

So that's it for this year, it's been fun, and yet again I'm amazed what can be grown in a cup/can. It's been good growing with you all.

-delic

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Great work to the few who finished. Im sure the rest of us will be back for the next round. cheers

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

start to finish this was a hoot!

my three buds on a steeeek combined weighed at just under an ounce and were very similar in size so about nine grams each.

they gave a suprisingly pleasant smooth draw with a bit of acridity left on the palatte and without an injuring expansion.

an immediate relaxation and warmth of contentment fostering introspection without appearing to have any kind of ceiling washed over me (your results may vary:biggrin:).

i smoked a joint of each with the flavor being the variable of difference.

on my scale i'm holding eight fingers up, so i'm pleased...

:thank you:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts