What's new

The Official 2012 Beer Cup Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

delic

A day late with this weeks update. Been a little busy with stuff. Anywho the HoL stella sisters are still doing nicely. Bushey appears to be ripening a lttle faster than lankey. Lanky is less than 1cm from a T8 bulb. It's been pretty hot in London the past few days but my ghetto cab is coping well. Much better than my main veg cab, which is on emergency CFL's, which is more ghetto than my ghetto cab. :ying:

picture.php

picture.php

We're in the home stretch now I reckon I'm at 6 weeks or so. I have a couple of other House of Love plants from the same pack a few weeks ahead that are close. It'll be nice to have something new too smoke.

Happy growing folks,

-delic

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hey Gbb, on B31 looks like she has some interveinal chlorosis occuring. Is this happening on the bottom and working up? If so, its Mg deficiency.

You've lost quite a bit of the lower foliage, what type of symptoms did those leaves experience before dropping? Pics of those leaves would be very helpful in troubleshooting your problems.

My 12th update (19-08-2012 - End of week 12 - 37 days from the switch.)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37644&pictureid=926545View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37644&pictureid=926544View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37644&pictureid=926547View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37644&pictureid=926548View Image

Things going good for the A2's but no so great on the B's. They're still struggling with the N overfert they had just during the switch.
They all having some deficiency, I would like some of your opinions on what element they're lacking. (pic below)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37644&pictureid=926546View Image

Thanks for watching! I wish you all a great week!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I took out those leaves because they weren't receiving enough light, some of them had nitrogen claws, but i almost fixed that. what they have now has just started showing, mostly on the top part of the plant, as you can see in this pic:

It looks like Mg def. but I fed them enaugh Mg, from the Ghe Flora Bloom (Phosphorous, Potassium + Magnesium, and Sulfur) so I'm really thinking it may be something else.

Thanks.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I took out those leaves because they weren't receiving enough light, some of them had nitrogen claws, but i almost fixed that. what they have now has just started showing, mostly on the top part of the plant, as you can see in this pic:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37644&pictureid=926546View Image

It looks like Mg def. but I fed them enaugh Mg, from the Ghe Flora Bloom (Phosphorous, Potassium + Magnesium, and Sulfur) so I'm really thinking it may be something else.

Thanks.

I would suggest leaving those lower leaves on even if you feel they dont get much light. I view those extra leaves as water & nutrient stress buffers. If I have plenty of lower leaves, then I know the upper growth wont have as many problems later on.

I use GH 3 part series, and it does supply enough Mg using RO water without needing to supplement. Although I do use osmocote as well. Like you said, probably not Mg then.

It almost looks like the upper leaves are healthier than the middle leaves. Maybe a mild case of too much light? Ive had plants whose canopy leaves become chlorotic when too close to the lights, but lower canopy leaves were very healthy and green.

I hope you get it sorted out though.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
missed the bus...

missed the bus...

not really much difference in my nute burned babes, lost all the fan leaves and many of the rest are affected, but still are alive.

some positive vibes for Chaco...:ying:

and some of the same for these girls:

where is the finish line?

T

Toes.

i'm out... I seriously doubt I'll be finished by Sept 23rd... I think the heat delayed flowering, either that or too much N. something stalled them out. the tent is shut down either way...

I really hope Evel Knievel is OK... your in my thoughts homie, you rode that thing until the wheels fell off.

peace.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Damn,.... everybody's bowing out of this one! :frown:

that sure don't make for any fun to watch.

If it weren't for security issues I'd have my babies going still, and I'd have rode that donkey right into the ground!!!

This is a CHALLENGE after all! ;)

TB Gardens

Veteran
Chaco is fine, just taking a break from the boards. Ill let him know y'all are vibrating for him.. Wait is that what you said? Tehehe I'm too high.

I think it's high time I get in on one of these, when is the next start date?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
no problem, brother Toes, mines lost more fanleaves to a mild drought. (forgot to water for half a day)
pics later tonight, when lights come on. :wave:

Last edited:
L

LouDog420

Ya TB, certainly pass on the good vibes... Hate to see a well respected member just up and vanish, always leaves a worried taste in the mouth...

Fantastic news to hear all is well ;)

Stay safe all!!!

antheis

Veteran
I think it's high time I get in on one of these, when is the next start date?

I'm with you here, I had to shut down my growing for 10 months but now I'm back at it. And growing in beer cups is a good way to test out homemade seeds.

A

Alone

The plants after getting rootbound dont experience ph imbalances in the beer cups?

T

Toes.

Fantastic news to hear all is well ;)

Stay safe all!!!

+1

Alone,
I dont know about pH issues... but, i know the cups are thin. Root zone temperatures are hard to maintain if the ambient temp swings too much.

John Deere

Veteran
Glad Chaco's ok. Too bad he had to shut his account down--he had some great pics.

Weekly update time. 4 weeks left in the Challenge. Doesn't seem like there's many of us left in the game. First the group shots.

With the flash.

picture.php

With the T5 light.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts