What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official 1 sqft Challenge

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
End of week 5 update

End of week 5 update

Here's my entry looking kinda harsh from some Kool Bloom nute burn!!! But she's doing better now that I flushed the shit out of her and she's turning purple and smelling great and packing on the frost :woohoo:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

There ya go!! I'm thinking I got 10-12g coming off this girl maybe more cuz she's getting fatter each day so we'll see in 3 weeks :joint:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Micro grows are lookin better all the time. I am also very impressed with the results people are getting from CFL's these days. This is all inspiring me to build a cab out of an old server case and get in the game if this thread is still going when I get it set up.

M

mOOndiCa

12"x12" = 1 sq/ft<correct
what if i am growing ina bucket..using the bucket as my mini growroom..
a bucket is 11" round...how do i get my sq/ft being a bucket isnt sq..? o know it under a sq/ft but how the..what the..wow im baked

5 gl white bucket with a 42w cfl :dueling:

Siddartha

Pi*R^2....

(3.14)*(5.5")*(5.5") = 94.9 sq. in.

94.9 sq. in. / 144 (sq. in./sq. ft.) = 0.66 sq. ft., roughly, assuming the bucket is 11" across.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been awhile

Been awhile

Almost ready here. Better late than never. The cab is in use at the moment with minimal lighting as an isolation chamber for my chosen males. When I'm done with these I'll put in the Speed Queed cuts. It took awhile to get my mother in good shape but I wanted to do this right so please excuse my CHRONIC tardiness.

picture.php

picture.php

Im in:joint:

Box= 20" X 14"

Lights= 2x 40 watt cfl 3000k and 4x 23 3000k (I might be removing 1 of the 23 watts for heat purposes..not sure yet)

Soil= Local organic potting mix

Nutes= Fox farm tiger bloom and mollasses for flower, they had no nutes veg.

Strain= Blueberry X Cotton Candy (Blueberry Muffin)

Born on 1-2-09 Switched to 12/12 on 2-11-09

Currently= 35 days flower

Lst'd and is 8" tall.

pce

Also...just incase someone is wondering my Purple Chitrals are in a different box made out of 2 30 gallon rubbermaids.

C

cork144

A more formal post.

Cab specs 14"W X 14"D X 22"H
Light specs 70watt hps + reflector.
Method of growing Screen of Green.
Strain GreenHouse White Widow Fem Clone.
Medium Organic topsoil with miracle grow soluable nutes.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

18/3/09 28days 12/12

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Count me in, I'm almost finished with my server case for the challenge. It's 8" wide 24" deep and 24" tall. I will be using 2 55w PL-L bulbs and if the airflow works as planned I might add 1 more for a total of 165 watts of CFL. I'll post some pics as soon as I have enough posts. Anyone know how many posts I need to upload pics?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
End of week 6

picture.php

Cab Shot

picture.php

Individual plant compilation

picture.php

About another month to go!

bbing

Soil bud tastes much better then hydro IMHO. Those are some amazing results nevertheless.

pce

your not alone in your opinion mate, didn't see taste criteria in the contest but i coulda missed it though.

I believe folks who maintain that opinion of soil vs. hydro are telling the truth; however dont understand the nature of nutrient uptake at the root and plant metabolism. The confound i believe is that perhaps soil growing gives a better result for those who have soiled dialed, and with hydro, they dont have it dialed and produce a less optimal result.

I grow all ways and believe a well grown, flushed, and finished plant is gonna taste like it is genetically predetermined to. sorry to jack the thread - feel free to post to my page if you want to set me straight, hehehe (not a troll req, but I am open to discussion)

BTW, i guess I better put up or shut up yeah? Im in.:woohoo:

Blynx, those lil chunker-pops are going to be tastey. Nice genes your playing with there!
and cork; killer WW canopy maybe one of the best Ive seen, Nice screen.