What's new

The Official 1 sqft Challenge

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:joint:I hope thats still a plan and not just plan(ned).

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is a square foot of sharksbreath - one of 4 modular screens under my 250hps - organic soil.
yield was 82 grams ,divided by 62.5 watts = 1.31 grams/watt
picture.php

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you could replicate that for the challenge I'd be very impressed! Looks great.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you could replicate that for the challenge I'd be very impressed! Looks great.

thanks kaotic but i dont think i would qualify having a 250 hps?, i use 4 foot square screens under it.

V.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3rd Round - 5 Plants - 1 sqft - 115w CFL

3rd Round - 5 Plants - 1 sqft - 115w CFL

My 1 sqft CFL cab became free so I started another round. Same wattage; 115w CFL, 5 plants, 4 containers, no veg.

Day 0

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lots of weeks left!

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's this week's compilation

picture.php

The plants look a bit taller than when they were planted but I don't know how much more they are gonna stretch and grow and take advantage of the amount of soil they have.

If it turns out they don't produce much, then I'll run these same containers and give the plants a week or two veg in them before flipping the lights.

Last edited:
P

phr3d0m2gr0

Great idea for a challenge. It would be nice if possibly on the first post if it would mention what the largest yield so far is for the challenge. Every time someone one up's another then it would change. Then people would know exactly what technique or grower to look at for the "largest" yield. :2cents:

Anyway I'm interested in your results blynx. I don't think your plants will use all that soil with no veg time. I would say going with small containers with more plants OR vegging a few big one's and LST/Scrog would give the best yield and use of soil. I always enjoy getting proved wrong though. :rasta:

-Phr3

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Two weeks in

picture.php

The canopy is nice and even after some super-cropping on a couple of the plants.

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
End of week 3

picture.php

These containers are taller than the ones in the previous 2 rounds so the plants are already almost up to the lights. Hopefully they won't stretch anymore and they'll just start filling out.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I see Blynx is still champ IMO around here in the 1sq ft thread, keep up the great work you helped me out quite a bit coming to where I'm at now with my growing career lol

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Thundurkel, but imo your cfl micro grows are way better than mine. Once I find a nice central cola strain that I like then we'll see :)

End of week 4
picture.php

Almost halfway there

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Wow! Thanks bro, I would check out Bubba Chunk from Bodhiseeds cuz I flowered it at 3.5" and it's 15" in week 4 with perfect node spacing and looks to be a nice single cola all the way to the soil line...

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
cool, blynx, you and thunderkel and dr g heel,ped me out the most and gave me hope, now i know cfl makes potent buds and can be better than hid with a lil work,peace

Buddle

Veteran
Nice Blynx.I see you're still rockin the LadyG and Sour Creek :)
I have been impressed with the results here. Great competition and very nice results..peace BL