What's new

The Next Episode ft. Mountain High

Mountain High

Veteran
Thanks guys... OG Kush Abusive, Bonzo.

Just got this new ez cloner about a month ago. The first run run rooted all the new cuts I received unrooted, and then one more run with OG and Trainwreck, that run didn't come out as good. Its been so hot here, so I ended up with some root rot and mushy stems and maybe some physan left in the pucks... I kept the best 10 and they almost all died off. So this is a practice run and if they root fast enough I will throw them in for a SOG grow. Otherwise, the Chem D and Daywrecker are gonna get flowered out here real soon since they are gettin too big and need to be sacrificed. I really want to run the OG since I haven't had the chance yet. Gonna see how these look next week in the machine before I make the decision.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the reason I never dropped the coin to get an ez cloner, when the work they work great, but when they don't everything dies off. Can't wait to see what you do with the abusive man. :D

Mountain High

Veteran
KW31, Thank you.

COB, I know exactly what your talkin' about, damn things aren't cheap either. Made a couple changes, things are looking great at 6 days but still no roots yet I don't think. I haven't even lifted the top to check yet though. I doubt OG clones are gonna root super fast since the headband and chemdawg take a while to root. I'll check it out tomorrow on day 7.

Mendo, I used all kinds of shit... fogged the house with forbid and avid a couple times and then pyrethrin total release bombs, then fogged with physan 20 and wiped the walls down. Completely tore down the rooms and cleaned all the equipment. I even used diatomaceous earth in the carpet and vacuumed it up before I shampooed the carpet. I hope they are gone. I started with clean clones from a couple close friends. So far so good and its been 2 months since I fired up lights again.

Mountain High

Veteran
Day 7 in the cloner and 1 clone has lil white nubs and a couple others might be right behind. They all look exactly the same since day 1, no deficiencies, droop, curls or twists yet.

Mountain High

Veteran
Day 10 in the cloner and I would guess about 40-50% have started to root. No color fade. Things are lookin' good towards the OG run.

Ember1

Just a suggestion/tip, however you want to take it. I have tried all kinds of things for cloning, but what has worked best for me is when taking cuttings, use natural honey on the cut ends. I usually use maybe a tsp of honey, drip it into a cup with RO water. After cutting the clone, scrape the cutting along the honey at the bottom of the water solution and then dip it into a little rooting hormone. Many times I don't use hormones.

I use rapid rooters, and in a pinch, rock wool. All placed in a plastic tray housed within a humidity dome which I have a wicking pad under the plugs to keep them moist. Use a single 30w curly CFL over the dome for light. Misted daily and I usually have a 99% survival/rooting rate.

Any reason you decided to go soil this time around rather than the coco?

Dronli

nice thread!surprised to hear you got rid of the cherry ak,ive heard people love it...what didnt you like about it?
@ember thats a a really impressive success rate with your clones,what do you think the honey does for the the fresh cutting in terms of triggering hormones?ive never heard of this technique before

Ember1

I use the honey since it is a natural antibacterial. Plus it is a sugar, not sure if it is a type of sugar the plants can metabolize or not, but since I started using the honey, I have literally had very little failure with rooting.

When I was using a hormone alone, I would get cuttings that wouldn't root, and would have to recut the ends and place back into the plug.

Just something to try.

Mountain High

Veteran
2k Stadium, OG Kush. PBP nutes, 1.5 gal bags of Coco with 30% perlite, 10'' Max fan for movin' that air 2x per min. Hand watered. TW mom on the floor for now, still veggin'. I love the wheels on the scaffold! Easy to adjust the distance from the bulb.:biggrin:

Bonzo

Veteran
:bow:

"Oh snap" LMAO! :biggrin:

Good mornin' MH...that is killer dude! I am diggin' the scaffold bro! I had to move one side of my stadium in and it was a huge pain in the ass...that is just the handy dandiest dude! cuts look real happy too :woohoo:

how long do you let your roots get before puttin' em in coco?

good stuff mang:woohoo:

Mountain High

Veteran
Cob, Bonzo... thanks. I waited till most of the roots were between 6-12 inches.

I topped them about a week ago and they are starting to take off now.
Hit em with some hot nutes but they look good still, slight tip curl on some. Thinkin' about pullin' the trigger soon, we'll see how they look in a few days.

12 days since they came out of the the EZ cloner.

Bonzo

Veteran
diggin' the scaffolds...was in Harbor Freight and they had some...just like these...yellow too :D great idea dude...:) plants look good :)

true grit

Veteran
was gonna say that pheno you have of the pineapple looks just like one i got outta mosca c99 pack. great yield, hella sticky, done in a lil over 8 and mad pinapple.

any stadium pix?

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still got half a pack of mosca's c99. Gonna be runnin them soon, great line. Shit's gonna be pretty sweet once they start stretchin MH.

Mountain High

Veteran
Day 1 was the first of the month!!! They have been growing 2-3 inches per day it seems! I'll get some pics this weekend!

The scaffold was a good choice if you have the $ to throw down. I looked on craigslist for used but never had any luck. I think I might take the top shelve and put them on the lowest ladder if they stretch like I think they will. Then throw up some trellis and attach it to the frame after they fill in a bit.

Mountain High

Veteran
Day 8. Staying just under 1.2 EC. Hand watering everyday. Trellis very soon!

Take time to appreciate the 6 foot Arcata Trainwreck in the back. She was in there to keep the humidity up during veg and decided to let her stay.