What's new

The New & Improved [ROLS MEGATHREAD].

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaded1

Nice tip w,will have to give that a try.

bloody cats have ruined about half my alfalfa patch so far by shitting and then digging everything up to cover it.
I was out in the garden the other day and could smell there was shit somewhere but couldn't for the life me find it,went out in the garden this morning and 1 of my strawberry bushes was looking awful,the little fecker must of put their arse right into the centre of the plant before it had a dump!!

W89

Veteran
once I cat stands on it once it wont go back theyre not stupid so it's not really that cruel, I got some catnip needs may sow some but dunno if its too late

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
foxes are just as bad. they'll crap right on top of something for maximum piss-take.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
hey w, yeah it looks and grows very similar to comfrey, i can never get the whole root out when weeding it up it goes so deep. try using the leaves as a mulch or something or adding to compost pile. it may be worth doing a fpe with it. cant find any figures on it though nutrition wise.

VG

It's in the Boraginaceae family, so it's a cousin to comfrey, I've been chopping it down and throwing it on my compost.. thanks a lot for telling me what it's called, I had given up on finding out.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
BTW, cats hate a ring of cayenne pepper powder around the garden.. or just around the part you want poop free.

Raw garlic?

Raw garlic?

I am mixing up a foliage spray for the flowers, including washed kelp meal, chamomile juice with a bit of yarrow, neem cake slurry, I really let the mildew get too far with major spotting on one indica dominate plant and minor spotting on the others. Thought it was pollen, which it probably was, read about washing the plants off too late. Any way, I am done giving any advice to people on the forum, but maybe will still be around. I have a long way to go before figuring this out. Peace
canna :woohoo:p

unklemike

Hello all starting to hunt for some beneficial plants to add to compost and to make fpj but need some id help would this happen to be nettle?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371081163460.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371081163460.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 17

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello all starting to hunt for some beneficial plants to add to compost and to make fpj but need some id help would this happen to be nettle?

that does look like nettle but so do a lot of other plants ~do a google image search for stinging nettles and make some comparisons

it does have some distinctive features when seen overall

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah that looks even closer ~the flowers are the giveaway

honestly; there are a few different kinds of nettles and that is defo a nettle ~which should work just fine for our purposes

urtica dioica is our specific plant of preference

are you planning a compost, mulch prep, or like FPE/tea?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
stinging nettles are dioecious - so the flowers will look a bit different when male or female.
the other giveaway is the bright yellow roots, and of course the sting!

pretty much any plant is a good addition to the compost heap.

VG

unklemike

yea there are so many different plants out there that bring different benefits to the table. I'm sure its been posted on here a few times but does anyone have a list of plants and there benefits and active chemicals that can be used in gardening? I have come across numerous list of biodynamic accumulators but I have trouble finding or properly identifying the right plants. there is land around my neighborhood with fields of all kinds of different plants and I know something out there has to be good for compost and fpj but the thing that I worry about is using plants that might adversely effect the plant and/or the soil life.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Found Neem Cake on Ebay today. Pretty stoked cause I wanted to buy some but didn't want a full bag. All they ever had before was the Oil. This time it's Ahimsa too.

V

vonforne

I get mine in 5lb bags from Neemresource. Great for carrying in a side pocket for the outdoor spot.

How much MHG?

Status
Not open for further replies.