What's new

The New & Improved [ROLS MEGATHREAD].

Status
Not open for further replies.

W89

Veteran
I bought five rolls at the dollar store for 5 bucks.

whoo'da thought.... lol ;)

you ok bud?

HughMungus

Run it through a compost...or allow it to breakdown thoroughly in a soil mix. I recently acquired about 5 cubic feet of sloppy and wet rabbit shit from some hippie rabbits....it's was just so gooey and fresh the best option was adding to the compost which will eventually be part of the same soil I use anyway.

Right on. I will add some droppings to my worm bin, and play around with the ratios as I move along.

Thanks for the response, and thanks for creating that original no-till thread. What a great resource for people like me!

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
the local coffee shop after crazy guy on phone asks for used burlap saks - "uhhh...whats burlap?"

I've been getting used imported coffee bags (burlap) for 1 dollar at a hardware store ...In Seattle of course...seems to be a surplus of 'em.

Just make sure to get the sprouts out of the burlap before the roots dig into the fibers....doh!

B

BlueJayWay

I was using hemp canvas to sprout but like ya said the roots dig in and made it a PITA, i'm just using glass jars.......coffee in seattle...naahhh lol

Me and this gal are gonna do it big in some mega no-tills in the near future...

Blue Orca x Cherry Bomb

picture.php

picture.php

Frosty fat flowers that will finish around 9 weeks...these are only at 49 days or so, updated pics later....

Thanks to Cootz for keepin some nice ladies around - unscathed by modern polyhybrid pollen chucking madness - props to the Swami for picking up the torch & starting work to continue these genetics for generations to come!!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Cootz posted the Von Post Scale for Peat quality on the ROLS thread but it was just a table.

While searching I found the same table with some more explanation.

Just linking it here if anyone is interested.

If I remember right the Premier and Alaskan Bales of PeatMoss are H1 and H2 Quality.

http://www.fao.org/docrep/x5872e/x5872e07.htm

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
I was using hemp canvas to sprout but like ya said the roots dig in and made it a PITA, i'm just using glass jars.......coffee in seattle...naahhh lol

Me and this gal are gonna do it big in some mega no-tills in the near future...

Blue Orca x Cherry Bomb

View Image

View Image

Frosty fat flowers that will finish around 9 weeks...these are only at 49 days or so, updated pics later....

Thanks to Cootz for keepin some nice ladies around - unscathed by modern polyhybrid pollen chucking madness - props to the Swami for picking up the torch & starting work to continue these genetics for generations to come!!

Wurd~

Here's one for Coot wherever he may be...straight out of 1984 just like The One and Blue Orca....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89tLeYmrX5g

Don't forget Mr Greengene's for the Cherry Bomb~

bigshrimp

Veteran
All this mulching, curing, decomposing, and general microbal activity has to be having an effect on ambient co2 levels.

To bad i don't have a co2 meter...

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I found this in the old ROLS thread and feel it should be re-posted. It's information collected for/from the Colorado Master Gardening Program. So parts are Colorado specific but overall I think it has some good easy to read and find information available.

http://www.cmg.colostate.edu/gardennotes.shtml#soils

Just read it with a filter on for some pretty conventional stuff like pH, soil tests, etc.

D

dogfishheadie

up in the room now and 5/6 of my c99 seeds I started the other nightt broke the surface and are already about 2" tall, pretty stoked over here. time for my first watering and have a quick question..

about how long would my watering mix last on the shelf in a room of 68-75 degrees?

1 gallon of water with:

20mil fulpower
1tbs 200x aloe Vera
1/4 tsb agsil16

thanks!

John Deere

Veteran
I assume the reconstituted aloe juice would start going bad within hours, same as fresh aloe juice? Add a bit of lemon juice (citric acid) as a preservative should help and I'd refrigerate if possible. Anyone agree?

Cann

I assume the reconstituted aloe juice would start going bad within hours, same as fresh aloe juice? Add a bit of lemon juice (citric acid) as a preservative should help and I'd refrigerate if possible. Anyone agree?

yup. sounds about right.

did anyone ever figure out the citric acid levels for proper preservation? i remember it being mentioned but don't have anything written in my notes....i don't want to wade through the old ROLS thread to find it, although the thread does deserve a full read through every once in a while just for good measure :biggrin:

probably much simpler to just mix it up fresh and not worry about trying to preserve anything

B

BlueJayWay

Anything with aloe I use asap (which is everything) and if i have extra the house plants or the yard get the rest......citric acid will preserve, you're not going to get 100% as if it was fresh, and you're going to be kind of guessing/assuming how much citric acid is enough....in my mind, i wouldn't bother trying to preserve, mix up as much as you need and donate the leftovers to the yard....

Under canopy 3rd run 45gal smart pot no-till, 7 strains and 11 plants in this one hehe - for experiment/tests not production...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

B

BlueJayWay

Hehe you got it! I grew some in a separate container and when it was done I threw the whole vines down as mulch - volunteers all over the place - they stay nice and small and flower within inches of the surface.

John Deere

Veteran
I recently finished a store-bought bottle of aloe juice. The label said 1% lemon juice. But yeah, I just mix up the amount I need rather than trying to save it. I've started adding a bit to nearly every watering, too.

Love the living canopy, BJW! Now that's how it's supposed to be done! Just beautiful!

D

dogfishheadie

awesome, much appreciated. for now, just going to cut my mixtures in half as I'm only usin about 1/2 gal of water each time while they're still pretty small.

still mulling over my different watering options and wanted to know if any of you saw a significant improvement using your aloe, fulpower, agsil each time. shooting for top notch bud here so if that's what it takes, no big deal. just was trying to cut down on some ingredients / cost if there really wasn't a noticeable difference when used in conjunction each water. I plan to water with any combination of the three above as well as hitting it with a weekly aact and or botanical.

sighhh...back to work :(

B

BlueJayWay

H2O + Agsil with Aloe + fulpower + sprouted seed tea

This is my base "water" that i use every time. I've been doing this consistently for several months - I used to feed with ACT or botanical tea at least once or twice week, now its every couple weeks at most, ACT every 6 weeks or so...you certainly won't be disappointed and to me it makes a world of difference in plant health -

Status
Not open for further replies.