What's new

The New & Improved [ROLS MEGATHREAD].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy if you point it out! I recently dropped some No-Till @ a mushroom site that has a small section for cannabis. People were pissing on plants and everything!

B

BlueJayWay

W89 - BOG reworked the Sour Grape line I believe because he wanted more consistency and less hermies - none of mine were serious hermies, but some did throw nanners here and there.

I have Sour boggle I'm supposed to grow soon...

OK I went picture crazy but I might be done with pics for awhile so here goes:

This is a new addition from the shop KushWreck:
picture.php

One of two phenos of PP I'm deciding on:
picture.php

White Satin x Sour Grape by member greenpharmd - It's very stinky and smells of Tangerine wine
picture.php

I would keep it but you notice how it lacks nodes? so yield is lowered

I called it White Grapes, clever huh? lol
picture.php

B

BlueJayWay

I'm concentrated on finding keepers from these two following strains, for the time being. Growth is phenomenal, vigor is insane, a couple phenos would be monsters outdoors and not so suited for indoor, maybe very little veg on those ones for indoor....

This one was the runt but developed well in flower, about 3 weeks in.

Velvet Rush x NL/H:
picture.php

picture.php

I have my eyes on the three phenos that look Sativa in the leaves but not as stretchy, quicker onset of flowering combined with nice tight flower structure & early trichome development - with a sweet/fruity haze aroma, some are spicy haze...the real sativa stretchy ones...

Blue Orca x Cherry Bomb 2 - straight funk, potent funky aromas, at this point in it's life
picture.php

BO x CB 3 - sweeter smell on top, the funk is more of an undertone on this gal
picture.php

Excited to put some real Sativa in my life!

I got some kind of small organism, not sure what it is, but its in my small high active compost bin.
it has hundreds of worms in it, beneficil microbes and fungus like Glomus Introdices, Endo and Ecto mycos, and compost. theyre white is and the size of a tip of a pin. only there, not in my regular soil being used now, just the compost and myco mother mix + worms.

theyre in the top couple inches and they really feed on the oatmeal topdress and the random shit i throw in such as pears and banana peels.

they just hand in schools and groups. not really moving, but munching
... are these something i should worry about?

Kinda confusing post. Basically you are asking if the creepy crawlies in your worm bin are good or bad? 99% of the time if you see anything crawling around they are the good guys. Every pot of soil I have has something crawling around in it...and that's a good thing. Listen to your plants, if shit ain't right...they'll let ya know.

W89

Veteran
that purple WG looks stunning! I like the little golf ball nugs, they are good for when your selling small bits like 1/16 or 1/8ths

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Some more of all ages so those that would be curious can see.... straight up health from start to finish, I love SOIL!

Some that just transplanted.... and without any shock.

picture.php

picture.php

And I've always been told that Sativas could never be in the same soil... weird....

picture.php

And a random group shot....
picture.php

Without the original ROLS thread I'd still be wondering what was wrong with my plants.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful when you see fat indicas like that reaching for the sun (HPS/CMH/ETC)

How long you been growing in smart pots?

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Beautiful when you see fat indicas like that reaching for the sun (HPS/CMH/ETC)

How long you been growing in smart pots?

It is really cool to see those huge leaves reach like that. Makes it feel more like outdoors.

I've been using smart pots for about 1 year and just recently started using the 10 gallon ones for all the plants.

V

vonforne

I know you guys are all geeking on the leaves standing up on plants with the seed sprout teas but this can be accomplished with just good care. Here is a plant from November 2006 that just received alfalfa, kelp and EWC folairs and a then ´new living soil´ technique that we did not even have a name for it was just what we were working on and now everyone has given it a name.

This is a Kwik Kali

9609IMG_1420.JPG

this is a Stonehendge from Sagamartha

nothing new..........

VortexPower420

Veteran
Here are a couple of my plants in my ROLS mix... Agent orange 56 days chopped tonight..Will have some Original Diesel put in the pots Tomm.and chop chop on the the Flavs.

Thanks everyone

timbuktu

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Yeah Von!!

Those leaves on mine are the first I've seen indoors like that.... Without the seed tea. Glad to see I'm heading the right direction :tiphat:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
sorry to be random or if this has been asked before but what is everyone's average yields running ROLS?

It would be appreciated if everyone posted their average yield per plant and what pot they flower in. and also how long of a veg time.

also specify if you run vert bulbs or regular.

i dont see many organic guys running vert... there's a few tho.

thanks and sorry for the randomness. just plottin on the future..

EDIT: it's only right i include mine, well to be honest I just chopped my first plant that was in my new soil mix, (previous mixes were horrendous) so I don't have an average really...but... brace yourself some of you guys are gonna laugh at me...
but I grew a roughly 7 gram bud in a 16 oz starbucks cup... lol, proceed to laugh... but I'm not gonna lie to you guys...

i have some more flowering, starting week 8 in bigger pots, i would guess like 1 gals, so I will update on how they do.

so there's my entry. how about everyone else?

oh im using a 150hps... btw

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is everyone absolutely convinced that the leaves 'praying' or standing up is a sign of the plant being extra happy?

is there any scientific evidence to support it.?

just wondering, because a plant reducing its leaves' angle of incidence to the light source (and therefore catching less photons/energy) seems like an odd thing to do for a plant thats really happy.

some of mine do it sometimes and i never spray them with anything (except pest control).

Just wondering,

VG

I run a 10 x 16 sealed room with co2 and 6k vert bare bulbs. Recycled soil and brewed tea's. Have not bought a bottle of nuets in 2 years.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
is everyone absolutely convinced that the leaves 'praying' or standing up is a sign of the plant being extra happy?

just wondering, because a plant reducing its leaves' angle of incidence to the light source (and therefore catching less photons/energy) seems like an odd thing to do for a plant thats really happy.

some of mine do it sometimes and i never spray them with anything (except pest control).

Just wondering,

VG

I've also questioned this.

But it does seem to correlate to strong health.

When growing outdoors it seems the leaves are following the sun just like this.... So to see it happen indoors.... And never on a plant in poor health, only with my healthiest plants..... It seems to be a fair assumption.

Scientific evidence for perky leaves would be nice.... But for now I'm confident it's a good thing.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
sorry to be random or if this has been asked before but what is everyone's average yields running ROLS?

It would be appreciated if everyone posted their average yield per plant and what pot they flower in. and also how long of a veg time.

also specify if you run vert bulbs or regular.

i dont see many organic guys running vert... there's a few tho.

thanks and sorry for the randomness. just plottin on the future..

EDIT: it's only right i include mine, well to be honest I just chopped my first plant that was in my new soil mix, (previous mixes were horrendous) so I don't have an average really...but... brace yourself some of you guys are gonna laugh at me...
but I grew a roughly 7 gram bud in a 16 oz starbucks cup... lol, proceed to laugh... but I'm not gonna lie to you guys...

i have some more flowering, starting week 8 in bigger pots, i would guess like 1 gals, so I will update on how they do.

so there's my entry. how about everyone else?

oh im using a 150hps... btw

I'm sure that everyone will be across the board here... and to be fair, I'm not always seeking yield... actually that's not even in my top 3... but can't have a LOW yield or I won't keep the strain.

Hard to tell veg times because I am Perpetual. I usually pull 3-5 ounces per plant. I'm running 1800 Watts in a 8x4 so my light per square foot isn't maxed out by any means.

Better strains are always 4-5 Ounces.

Weaker ones at the worst are 2.5 ounces.... Even when they look like a lower yield... all that goopy sticky stuff makes em so heavy, I love it.

I flower in 10 Gallon Smart Pots with about 7 gallons of soil in them so I have room for watering and topdressing.

Occasionally I'll pull a plant early, or will have gotten a weird phenotype but even then, I'd be very concerned if it was ever less than 2 nice ounces per.

V

vonforne

Just wondering,

VG

For me it is just an assumption. As with anything that assumption comes from observation. And by observation I came to the conclusion that when the plants are health and the soil is the so called ´dialed in´ that the plants respond in this manner. They seem to crave more light at this time by stretching their leaves to obtain the maximum amount of light that they can. They only do this at certain times when certain inputs are used.....ie particular teas and folair schedules are used. It soes depend on the quality of the products you use and in what combination. It is different for all strains and growing environments. This observation is most common outdoors where the plant has a much more concentrated amount of light per square meter than in an indoor environment.

Again, this is just an assumption on my part brought on by years of observation and backed by no amount of scientific research.

:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.