What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The NEW E-Papillon 1000W Thread

pHive.8

Vendor
@DGS

How big is the spread on a double d-papillon? If the E-paps cover a 4'x6' at 3' above and I want to mix some double ds in how far off the canopy should they be for similar intensity?

thanks

Hi Oliver,
The Double D covers the same area as an ePap. But you'll get a lower lightlevel (it's 630W instead of 1000W). If you'd want to mix them it all comes down to what light intensity you want to go for.
In general 1 Double D on every 4 ePaps (so in the middle) would give you a good coverage and mix of light at 3' above.

pHive.8

Vendor
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes video on Cannabis in Colorado?

Link to video: http://youtu.be/M6tT38Upb_0

picture.php

There was a great piece on the exploding recreational cannabis industry and featured one of the largest and most successful cultivation sites in the country. Their head grower comes from a background in high-efficiency tomato greenhouse cultivation, so he knows how to keep production costs low and efficiency high.

Denver-based Mindful Dispensary has chosen ePapillon lighting because of its high efficiency and cost savings over other lighting fixtures.

Rabbi

Just finished reading this entire thread and read the Gavita ones yesterday. Learned a ton last couple days.

TheReverend

Did anyone see the 60 Minutes video on Cannabis in Colorado?

There was a great piece on the exploding recreational cannabis industry and featured one of the largest and most successful cultivation sites in the country. Their head grower comes from a background in high-efficiency tomato greenhouse cultivation, so he knows how to keep production costs low and efficiency high.

Denver-based Mindful Dispensary has chosen ePapillon lighting because of its high efficiency and cost savings over other lighting fixtures.

That's a pretty big vote of confidence for a light IMO.

Just picked up 4 ePaps... looking to give them a go. :biggrin:

DGS
We are having trouble with the Epaps bleaching our leaves. Our room is 25ft x 23ft we are running 16 epap 1000 w, the lights are spaced 68" bulb to bulb center & from row to row bulb center 65" Do you think we have to many lights? We were thinking about taking out 4 lights and putting more space in between the rows.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
DGS
We are having trouble with the Epaps bleaching our leaves. Our room is 25ft x 23ft we are running 16 epap 1000 w, the lights are spaced 68" bulb to bulb center & from row to row bulb center 65" Do you think we have to many lights? We were thinking about taking out 4 lights and putting more space in between the rows.

You do not have too many lights. In fact, you're only hitting 600umol/m3 when you should be at ~1000. You're lights are likely too close to the plants, or you are ramping them up too quickly and not giving the plants time to adjust. Make sure there is a minimum of 36" between your plants and the bulbs.

We have 12 ft ceiling plants were 7 ft from the canopy when we planted them, as the trees got bigger we notice the light bleaching. Leaf temps were 80 degrees. I read a post some where saying that with DE lights that you have to run a higher EC something around 2.5 we were only running 1.4 EC. So do you think we have our lights spaced out correctly?

liagro

Question for DGS are the Epap and DDpap UL damp or UL wet location rated?

The ePap 1000w (208-240v, 277v, 347v and 400v) is UL/CSA rated dry & damp

for the double dPap 630w (208-277v) the UL/CSA is pending and will also be dry & damp.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
My last round with the e-paps in a 12x12 area with 6 lamps yielded 16.5lbs. Thanks again for such amazing lights, it's great to have products that pay for themselves! SL :shooty:

pHive.8

Vendor
We are happy to announce that our exclusive national distributor for the USA is pHive.8. They can be contacted for any information or questions you have about our great product.

I will remain active on the forum under the username pHive.8 and of course through info@epapillon.com

Last edited:
Phive.8, are you DGS?

Also, funny you used "8" with pH when that's way too high pH, even though I know that's not what it's supposed to mean :)

We're ordering some Double dPapillion soon for testing, looking forward to it!

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I posted this in another thread but thought I would toss it in here as well.
Folks claim you need 100 hours of burn in time at the 1000 setting. What do you do when it's time to replace the bulbs in your flower room?

Bob-Zilla

I posted this in another thread but thought I would toss it in here as well.
Folks claim you need 100 hours of burn in time at the 1000 setting. What do you do when it's time to replace the bulbs in your flower room?
The recommended 100 hour burn-in is @1000w without any dimming or boosting on a new bulb.
approximately 6 days on 18/6 or 8-9 days on 12/12 , NOT a continuous time period of 100 straight hours, as I believe is your misunderstanding.
After approx 100 hours@1000w the bulb can be burned on any setting for any time period.