What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Moloka'i Frost thread and more...:)

puna boy

A bra luv dis thread, miss seeing them monster plants. Man rember thoses days.lol.. need to try me sum of them molokai frosts....

Molokai for sure is one of the last hawaiian places. That still have some hidden old gems.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
im sure theres some hidden treats on Kauai, no?

No more Electric? id even be stoked on a 90 day wonder lol

Anybody know what buds came from Big Island that were solid purple almost black and smelled and tasted like tropical water lillys or some kinda killer perfume? there was a lot around in early 90's

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Just read through this thread and glad you haven't quit. I know how it is. I quit growing for 10 yrs but now I'm a med grower and love it this is my 2nd summer and I will be growing 2 Molokai Frosts and I will start them this month and they will go into 65 gal and 125 gal pots the soil is cooking now. The Frost lives on.And 2 Mrs Rhino wrecks will go into 30 gal and 45 gal pots. Now my summer is complete. Aloha

TheFlyinHaWyn!

yeah bro, im glad i didn't quit either, and am happy that i am quasi-legal at least within our state. i will take that peace of mind any day. alright bro, sounds like a good plan. the frosts will get big no worry about that. the rhinowreck crosses not as big, but the end product is good shit. i was very very fond of the rhinowreck clone i had. it was probably my overall favorite weed to smoke as well as to grow. she was stellar but i got fucked by bugs and lost her, but not before i made seeds. the males could be a mix of what i had going at the time...i think either killer baloney/tkxsensistarfrost/mnl#5hazexsensistar frost. either way, should be some nice stuff coming out in this generation.

ok i was asked to put up some info on the frost from what i can remember. i looked over the thread and i really don't have any specifics up so here it is. this is all my observation as ultimately i have no idea what makes up the genetics of this strain.

i believe the frost to be about 80-90% sativa. she veg's quickly and can get big and tall fast. she is more suited to outdoors. i have done her indoors and she is not ready until at least 14 weeks plus. the buds are generally airy, but the pods are thick, and this helps greatly with mould reduction in buds. she can go until late august, early september with most phenos and the more sativa leaning phenos can go into oct. i have personally grown her outdo up to 8' of veg material in a trash container. she could probably go larger with more space.

as with a lot of 'Hawaiian' strains i have done in the past, she has some hermaphroditism in her genes. i tried to cut that down a little in each generation thru selective picking, but it is probably still cruising around in a small percentage of frosts. i haven't had them since that bad time outdo one time and everything was fucked but i don't think that anything would have made it that year!

what else? hmm. she is still one of my all time favorites till today. i have never tasted anything like her in all my visits to other places. she is not overly pronounced in flavor by far, but although flavor rates very high in my book, her originality alone is much more worthy to me.

she likes to fed outdoors. she will let you know when it is too much, but she loves to grow!!

alrighty then, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask. thanks for taking the time and interest it takes to grow her out. take care, aloha.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Can I put my Frost pics here or should i start a new thing? Let me know Boss lol
If I started the Rhino now about how big? Max sun

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
i bet the hermi is coming from a south east asian strain 'ie' thai many hawaiians have some SE or Thai in them ... super long flower times
Most people have no idea how strong hawaiians can get...

i think mark castle has some molokai frost beans

TheFlyinHaWyn!

i have been neglectful in responding to those who posted and for that i apologize. i have been hiding for a while so i forgot how it is to get back out in the open.

"A bra luv dis thread, miss seeing them monster plants. Man rember thoses days.lol.. need to try me sum of them molokai frosts....

Molokai for sure is one of the last hawaiian places. That still have some hidden old gems."

alright my brutha, good luck with those. have fun. and puff tuff :D

"Looks good!!!!" - Mr Nonphix it is good to have you on this thread. aloha to you and you take care!

"im sure theres some hidden treats on Kauai, no? No more Electric? id even be stoked on a 90 day wonder lol Anybody know what buds came from Big Island that were solid purple almost black and smelled and tasted like tropical water lillys or some kinda killer perfume? there was a lot around in early 90's..........i bet the hermi is coming from a south east asian strain 'ie' thai many hawaiians have some SE or Thai in them ... super long flower times...Most people have no idea how strong hawaiians can get...
i think mark castle has some molokai frost beans" - aloha brother Hrpuffnkush. i am not from Kauai but i have been there a few times and honestly i am not sure from my perspective if you would be able to find the electric there. but that is me. 90 day wonders are still here, there is many. i haven't heard of the dark weed in a while but i used to get some out of volcano way in late 90's that had a perfumy flavor, not that bad. not sure who did that one as i only bought it and didn't grow it. you are probably right about where the hermies came from, but i have tasted some thai strains in the past and they don't have the same flavor as the frost. one old time friend in canada who grew the frost out in mid 2000's said he could detect some haze influence, but like i said before i am not sure what the genetics of the frost are so it is all speculation. i remember markcastle's nickname from before, i will check it out bro, thanks for letting me know about him. aloha to you bro, you take care!!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

Can I put my Frost pics here or should i start a new thing? Let me know Boss lol
If I started the Rhino now about how big? Max sun

i would greatly appreciate pictures here bro, good or bad. this is a place of truth and i thank you for taking the time to grow her out bro.

i not sure about the rhinowreck crosses bro, i think you will probably be looking at more of some good smoke with those than size. they definitely wont get as tall as the frost. they are two totally different growing things as you will find out. i could take the rhinowrech mother consistently at 56 days indo, so she is a quick bloomer, but other than what was seen by you before, i have no guage on how she will do bro. aloha, and fucking go get um bro!!

Dirtboy808

Veteran
I will be starting the Frost today. It is also my wife's b-day so must be a good day. She was a crazy Kauai grower in 80's.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Ho! FLYN thanks for the reply , hope all is well in Aloha land ... and have some zippy's for me lol
MarkC is on T H C Farmer if ya need to hit um up he's a cool cat..

Nonphixion

i have been neglectful in responding to those who posted and for that i apologize. i have been hiding for a while so i forgot how it is to get back out in the open.

"A bra luv dis thread, miss seeing them monster plants. Man rember thoses days.lol.. need to try me sum of them molokai frosts....

Molokai for sure is one of the last hawaiian places. That still have some hidden old gems."

alright my brutha, good luck with those. have fun. and puff tuff :D

"Looks good!!!!" - Mr Nonphix it is good to have you on this thread. aloha to you and you take care!

"im sure theres some hidden treats on Kauai, no? No more Electric? id even be stoked on a 90 day wonder lol Anybody know what buds came from Big Island that were solid purple almost black and smelled and tasted like tropical water lillys or some kinda killer perfume? there was a lot around in early 90's..........i bet the hermi is coming from a south east asian strain 'ie' thai many hawaiians have some SE or Thai in them ... super long flower times...Most people have no idea how strong hawaiians can get...
i think mark castle has some molokai frost beans" - aloha brother Hrpuffnkush. i am not from Kauai but i have been there a few times and honestly i am not sure from my perspective if you would be able to find the electric there. but that is me. 90 day wonders are still here, there is many. i haven't heard of the dark weed in a while but i used to get some out of volcano way in late 90's that had a perfumy flavor, not that bad. not sure who did that one as i only bought it and didn't grow it. you are probably right about where the hermies came from, but i have tasted some thai strains in the past and they don't have the same flavor as the frost. one old time friend in canada who grew the frost out in mid 2000's said he could detect some haze influence, but like i said before i am not sure what the genetics of the frost are so it is all speculation. i remember markcastle's nickname from before, i will check it out bro, thanks for letting me know about him. aloha to you bro, you take care!!

Greets, TheFlyinHaWyn! It's good to be here! how are you doing? :tiphat: Aloha

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
good on keeping the Frost alive and well TFH...........she is special.....

I was gifted some Chem Dawg x RhinoWreck seed from our 'ol friend sha.......passed some out to few others as my plate full this season.......look forward to result's......
can you share any info on the RW clone you had ........?

ganj on..............

TheFlyinHaWyn!

I will be starting the Frost today. It is also my wife's b-day so must be a good day. She was a crazy Kauai grower in 80's.

alright happy birthday to your wife and the frosts :D good luck my friend.

-Ho! FLYN thanks for the reply , hope all is well in Aloha land ... and have some zippy's for me lol
MarkC is on T H C Farmer if ya need to hit um up he's a cool cat..-

sounds good bro, i haven't frequented that one too often but i have heard of him before. aloha

-Greets, TheFlyinHaWyn! It's good to be here! how are you doing? Aloha-

aloha bro, i am actually doing pretty ok now. in a much better position now than i was even only a year ago. being somewhat legal helps clear the mind a little. you take care bro and have a beautiful day.

-good on keeping the Frost alive and well TFH...........she is special.....

I was gifted some Chem Dawg x RhinoWreck seed from our 'ol friend sha.......passed some out to few others as my plate full this season.......look forward to result's......
can you share any info on the RW clone you had ........?

ganj on..............-

my brutha my brutha, good to hear from you. got those ones going pretty good now bro, i let you know what i think. i only took a couple from each bag from CK and only 1 or 2 of each turned out female, but at least i will get a taste. i think CK said he started the jack herer cross, that should be killer. as for the RW clone, fuck i miss her bro. great taste, nice and quick, 56-60 days and she thickened up quick! watch out for mould on clone as it sets in quick. she stays shorter, but we did her outdo and she was awesome if she didn't get bud rot. i believe i read sha write that chemdawgrhinowreck cross he did turned out fucking killer. i can bet, i like everything from that guy, i might have to hit him up for some of those!! alright brother, good to read you, you take care and aloha to you and your ohana.

got some frost started, getting them in on the waxing moon, but we see how it goes. aloha everybody

Dirtboy808

Veteran
5 Frost seeds in paper towel on Sunday and all have cracked. 3 out of 5 on the Rhinowreck and 2 of 3 Purple wreck from Heath and JOJO I think, sounds good.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

alright bro. i just started up some frosts also so we shall see. the reason all the seeds are different sizes is that i gave you guys seeds from 4 different female frosts. its crazy the variation in seed sizes but they are all frosts.

teh rhinowreck seeds i just made up a couple of months ago so they are super fresh, and probably need another couple of months to mature so that is most likely the not as good germ rate. good luck bro, will be nice to see someone growing out my stuff again other than me lol. aloha.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

got some frosts that popped out of the dirt. that's good as for a while i thought i was a baby frost killer. at the very least i should be able to make seeds and keep the strain going. :D first step done, now on to vegging for a little while. aloha

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Flyin Bra how are those buds Iceman did? Frost looks like it will be a good breading project.I will make clones of what I have now and save for fall breeding.Then crack the rest and make plenty seeds.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

i remember when he did those waay back on OG i think it was. he got the initial first cross seeds that i was giving out at the time, and they were just straight up open pollenated and very variable in size and length of finishing time. he was the first to do her in a full run indoors. one of the things is that although it looks like a big khola, it is actually kind of airy and made up of plenty smaller airy nugs. outside, those little pods expand and get BIG. you don't get indoor tight buds, you get kind of a bunch of pods stacked on each other. that's why the frost doesn't get the same mould problems as the thick budding plants from the dutch or mainland.

i personally didn't want to influence the frost in any particular direction, i mainly just wanted to keep her as similar to what i got as possible. a little slice in time for me. that is why i kept the mother all of these years. good luck dirty, at the very least you will definitely have an outdoor friendly plant that has a pretty good taste, nice smell and uplifting high :D going to be nice to see the progress. aloha bro