What's new

The Micheal Jordan Of Herb Growing

The Micheal Jordan Of Herb Growing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is organic farming?

What is organic farming?

Organic farming is a form of agriculture which avoids or largely excludes the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, plant growth regulators, and livestock feed additives. As far as possible organic farmers rely on crop rotation, crop residues, animal manures and mechanical cultivation to maintain soil productivity and tilth, to supply plant nutrients, and to control weeds, insects and other pests.

According to the international organic farming organisation : The role of organic agriculture, whether in farming, processing, distribution, or consumption, is to sustain and enhance the health of ecosystems and organisms from the smallest in the soil to human beings :chin:

Best Ways

Best Ways

increase the long-term soil fertility and the sustainable management of resources
maintain genetic diversity including the protection of plants and wildlife habitats
use, as far as possible, renewable resources to minimise all forms of pollution
help all those involved in organic production to have a life that meets their
basic needs in a safe working environment, providing an adequate return and
satisfaction from their work progress towards an entire production, processing and
distribution system that is both socially and ecologically responsible :chin:

Last edited:
Why Grow Organic?

Why Grow Organic?

The Organic Farming Research Foundation estimates that, as of 2001, “there [were] approximately 7,200 certified organic producers in the U.S. ”—an increase of 18% from the previous survey (1)—with 2.07 million acres under organic cultivation. Retail sales of organic foods have grown from 20 to 35% worldwide for the past 10 years.(2) Based on a 2002 informal poll of certifiers,(3) about 1000 U.S. firms, including on-farm processors, manufacture organic products (mostly foods). As of 2004 the Agricultural Marketing Service of USDA reports that 30% of culinary herbs sold in the U.S. are produced organically. NewFarm.com now provides weekly reports on sales of organic herbs at the 18 U.S. wholesale produce terminals, and it is recruiting a network to provide regular reports on the 50% of organic herb sales thought to occur through direct marketing channels. (Reports on selected organic herb sales appear monthly in Growing for Market.)

Farm Profile: Developing Marketing Strategies for Culinary and Medicinal Herbs

Objectives: The Indian Springs Farmers Association (ISFA) assists small farmers in diversifying their farm operations via alternative crops. In partnership with Alcorn State University, the Federation of Southern Cooperatives, and other nonprofit partners, the Mississippi Association of Cooperatives and the Foundation for the Mid-South participated in training African-American small farmers from ISFA in the production and test marketing of fresh and dried medicinal and culinary herbs.

Outcomes: Six farmers participated in the trials and grew 32 acres of herbs, in addition to constructing 5 raised beds of 100 sq. ft. each. They found that picking directly into half-bushel plastic containers with holes in them was more efficient than the conventional 5-gallon buckets—allowing them to save time and labor by washing the herbs in the picking containers. An 8-ounce clamshell was the customer-preferred retail container. ISFA developed markets at the Crescent City Farmers’ Market in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Alliant Food Services, Inc. (Selling fresh herbs by mail order was dropped because of quality considerations.)

“They found a ready market for medicinal and culinary herbs. They also found, perhaps due to the nature of the product, that many customers asked for 100 percent certified organic products.”​

100% Organic

100% Organic

Deft said:
Little bit of both.
:badday:

yeah sure its either natural or synthetic :joint:

that ganja plant in the pic is just one with what seems to be 12 tops

100% more organics 10-10-10
Rain Water
plant at day 23

Last edited:

jojajico

Veteran
organic is always gunna produce the more desirable bud, though the chem can yeild greater... but not always especially if you know what your doing with your organic nutrients.

This is true

This is true

jojajico said:
organic is always gunna produce the more desirable bud, though the chem can yeild greater... but not always especially if you know what your doing with your organic nutrients.

Its all in the method of applying different principles. :joint:

Organic Nutes

Organic Nutes

organics at its finest

i would recommend bat guano, epsom salt, and pot ash

10-10-10 even portions? flowering day 3

Last edited:
One Plant!

One Plant!

oneganjaplantlv2.jpg
:dueling:

Kush x LowRyder Haze

Cannabis Ruderalis

Last edited:

ezbake

Organic is good but... it's not like artificial/synthetic nutes make bad buds...

I used Earth Juice on my first grow and use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro now. Both aren't technically organic, but they are derived from organic ingredients. Mine look very healthy and the eartth juice did well also.

jojajico

Veteran
there is nothing wrong with chem nutrients. the general consensus is if your growing for your own head stash grow organic. the smoke will be sweeter cleaner and overall a better experience. on the other hand if your growin commercial and money is your main motivation chem nutrients are easier to use and USUALLY produce larger buds. im sure that u can get the same yeilds with organic i think it would just take more horticulture know how as you feed the soil not the plant (or atleast thats wut they say).

I Hate These Snakes

I Hate These Snakes

Thank you for your comments excellent points on each....organic farming as well as many other forms of natural farming is the wave of the future...that is unless u people like to eat food from a LAB.

Ignorance is where this world is left.....the future looks grim.....see these corporations dont give a flying fuk what they put out....what they administer...they dont care about the phsycological ,physical, even genetic effects these mutated products they sell are corrupting. All they are worried about is making 1 million every other quarter.....is this what our soilders are fighting for, I say it is an injustice to the entire societies past, present, and future. :badday: and no one stands up and no one fights?

"Organic gardening is not just a middle-class hobby. It's part of the wider environmental movement, it's part of a sustainable future. I believe that you could feed the whole world using organic methods." -- Jackie Gear, Executive Director of the HDRA, Britain's Organic Association, 1991.

-- "The truth, so effectively suppressed that it is now almost impossible to believe, is that organic farming is the key to feeding the world." -- "Biotech has bamboozled us all -- Studies suggest that traditional farming methods are still the best", The Guardian, August 24, 2000
http://www.guardianunlimited.co.uk/
Archive/Article/0,4273,4054683,00.html :badday:

Last edited:
Take it from me....do your own research!

Take it from me....do your own research!

day 28 from seed

a new seedling same hybrid strain....its tricky to tell how this will grow, tempted to start anouther outdoor grow! for sure ill be scoping out the new plot soon!
i might have to put trapps down this time

:dueling:

Latest posts

Latest posts