What's new

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Koondense

Veteran
Original Delicatessen - First Lady

Popped two seeds and got two deformed individuals, low vigor but they're bouncing back. Funny thing, they were soaking the same time as DoubleOaxacans, now the DOAX's are in flower for some weeks while the FL is still in slow veg. Was planning to do a cross with DOAX, may happen in the next round, the importance is to keep the First Lady clones.

Bigger and smaller sisters
picture.php

What surprises me is the broad leaf which is the same shape in both plants, meaning no coincidence and seems like a stable trait of uniformity. Also the smell is already present, touching the leaf you get the dark forest smelling fingers, so appealing :) Might be something I relate with afghanis so I believe this is an old mexican/affie hybrid of some sort. If I remember correctly it should be pristine old mexican weed but might have had some affie injection even before being collected by RCC. Who knows...

Cheers

Breadwizard

That looks very similar to the non-krinkle first lady plants I had. Definite hybrid look to the leaves, darker green than I expected as well.
picture.php

RenaissanceBrah

Any Mexican Landraces from the Baja California (Tijuana, Mexicali, etc) region?

Or Southern California for that matter.

I know there probably aren't any, but wondering if they ever did cultivate herb here back in the day, and if so, what strains were they using.

Would be interesting to grow some out here if I can track down what it was.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
:abduct:

nice little jungle. guerrero and oaxacan? madness! very cool.

i.. must... follow this awesomeness

also like your ecsd and sdawg illuminati, fine tastes.

cheers!

:canabis:

RenaissanceBrah

PP the double are in back raw about 6 of them .... the tall one

Maha big spice, big south pump with some Mango joy are on the right side

Mystic front row from the left 5 vintage, second raw left 5 guerrero
and 6 oaxacan gold on the front of the double

Really cool, can't wait to see how the guerrero's and oaxacan's turn out!

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
thanks guyz, i hope we'll see some lovely females, the temp are quite low but i think it's going to be ok :biggrin:

Awesome grow you have going!

When you say temps are quite low....what are they currently and what would be the “ideal” temp you want? I didn’t know until recently that temps play such an important role. Thanks

brickweeder

Original Delicatessen - First Lady...

What surprises me is the broad leaf which is the same shape in both plants...so I believe this is an old mexican/affie hybrid of some sort. If I remember correctly it should be pristine old mexican weed but . might have had some affie injection even before being collected by RCC. Who knows...

Cheers
I've been toying with ordering First Lady, but after seeing the broad leaves on your 2 plants, I'm gonna pass. I do not believe that First Lady is pure mex either...very disappointing.

Thanks for posting.

west-eu

Awesome grow you have going!

When you say temps are quite low....what are they currently and what would be the “ideal” temp you want? I didn’t know until recently that temps play such an important role. Thanks

the temps are about 17°c light on and 11°c light off, about 4°c more would be nice. But they're ok for now :bandit:

west-eu

Cooler temps can bring out some nice colors. ;)

Look at these Oldtimer Hazes exposed to low temps. :)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=126562

hey troutman, you are right man but i would prefer if the plants developed properly to get the best out of them.

it will affect yield and a higher calix leaf ratio on most genetics

my ecsd 1 grown with very cool temps .... max 15°c light on
picture.php

same ecsd 1 with much better conditions
picture.php

RenaissanceBrah

hey troutman, you are right man but i would prefer if the plants developed properly to get the best out of them.

it will affect yield and a higher calix leaf ratio on most genetics

my ecsd 1 grown with very cool temps .... max 15°c light on
View Image

same ecsd 1 with much better conditions
View Image

What was the difference in effect between the two, given the temperature difference?

I recently grow out Mass Medicinals Putang in the summer and autumn, the cold made the leaves turn really dark like in your photo.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I've been toying with ordering First Lady, but after seeing the broad leaves on your 2 plants, I'm gonna pass. I do not believe that First Lady is pure mex either...very disappointing.

Thanks for posting.

Some Mex can have broad leaves, especially the Oaxacan.

Robert Clarke his book Marijuana Botany

Mexican strains are thought of as tall, upright plants
of moderate to large size with light to dark green,
large leaves. The leaves are made up of long, medium
width, moderately serrated leaflets arranged in a
circular array. The plants mature relatively early in
comparison to strains from Colombia or Thailand and
produce many long floral clusters with a high calyxto-leaf ratio and highly cerebral psychoactivity.
Michoacan strains tend to have very slender leaves
and a very high calyx-to-leaf ratio as do Guerreran
strains, but Oaxacan strains tend to be broaderleafed, often with leafier floral clusters. Oaxacan
strains are generally the largest and grow vigorously,
while Michoacan strains are smaller and more
delicate. Guerreran strains are often short and
develop long, upright lower limbs.

Latest posts

Latest posts