What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

C

charlie garcia

Morning everyone
nice pics, always interesting things and funny lines. So many red hairs and pink colors :)
Nice colors and structure Garru
Another details of a early sinaloan clone, line picked up from an old farmer there
best
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
mmm ,, lovely pic mr charlie ,
guessing its outdoors given the little stray grass seed on the side with the larger pic ,,
gotta say i like to see a pic that shows what my eye would have seen in real life , yours certainly does that ..

C

charlie garcia

thx Mr Donald M, yeap is outdoor, little cut put brought od late short ago. Indoor I couldnt notice those colorfull hairs so clearly like when under the sun. Think uploaded same plant before, thin, branchy and quick. Not a really thin thin leafed, few fingers per leaf, nice effect, spacy and heady. Peppery, spiced and grass flavour, sour. She was best smoke from a small batch done to check line
best
attachment.php

M

MummyCat

HI beautiful plants evryone. I have grown multiple mexican commercial seeds. I would like to ask if any one has encountered a distinct carrot smell. I have had 2 plants have this trait. One was from a batch of regular in the states, and the other i obtained while on vacation in cancun mexico. The one from cancun is one of my favorite plants to grow and smoke, it has pink pistols in flower and smells like carrots throughout growth. It cures to a carrot smell with hazy undertones and the smell translates to the taste in a unique " fresh carrot" flavor. I would appreciate any input or information from people who have encountered this boutique . Thank You KEEP IT GREEN

I have a cut of Jack the Ripper that is carrots. It delivers the best up and clear head with an unlimited ceiling, one of my all time favorite smokes. It's appearance is very mexican although I have no idea the lineage of JTR

garruman

10 semanas
entre la contaminación luminica de algun despiste mio
y que hasta ayer no se puso el termómetro a 26º, la pucha, no engordan es muy fluffy, le meteré algo de PK 18-23 y top Max a ver si resisna mas
Oaxaca San José
_MG_3130.jpg

10 weeks
I have a little of luminic contamination, and until yesterday the temp. don't below 26º, it have a little resin, and buds are fluffy, I feet it with PK 18-23 and Top Max, for look if it resin a bit moore

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
garruman....

That is the pheno I have been looking for. Thx 4 finding it!!!
Life is Good:)

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Charlie has that Sinoloa sativa, and I have a Kalimist f3 that look similar???

Charlie has that Sinoloa sativa, and I have a Kalimist f3 that look similar???

Next time I post pix in this thread,
...This plant (below) will have red pin-striped calyxes!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------
Esta planta resembles mexican sativa, and has the 'Heaven' personality(christ-like) when you smoke the potent nodal discharges. (Buds).

She is now fully seeded with Highland Mexican that also has red stripes on every genital. (There are male and female, with a few pin-striped seeds!)

Ahhh yes, goodness...:)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bodymind

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Guatemalan sativas: beautiful, intensely vigorous roots, scents of black pepper, strawberry, and floral sweetness. Looks at the red stems! They are mostly females, with a couple of males and a couple of undeclared plants that will probably be females. It's really interesting to observe photo responsiveness and flower initiation during different times of the year and in different lines. I've been observing similar stuff in my flo lines grown at different times of the year outdoors. Some plants show sex early and really want to flower as soon as they initiate. Other plants that seem similar in appearance, perhaps slightly more sativa will maintain vegetative growth vigor until age combined with light period initiate flowering.

M

MummyCat

I had to cull my Acapulco Gold#2 yesterday due to herm :(

#1 and #3 are flowering and about 7-8ft tall

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Morning everyone
nice pics, always interesting things and funny lines. So many red hairs and pink colors :)
Nice colors and structure Garru
Another details of a early sinaloan clone, line picked up from an old farmer there
best
attachment.php

attachment.php

Charlie, all your pics make me wanna burn a fat joint and relax...they're great :artist:

lowland slvrbck

Looking great in here .. Mummy Cat you may want to delete off iPhone pics unless you have run them through a wash .. .. There are programs out there to look at all the hidden info in a pic .. .. Such as GPS coordinates .. .. There are lots of shady cats lurking on the net .. .. Just a warning

Oh yeah .. And culling a first time herm .. .. Should have taken cuts or just removed the balls .. .. Ive run cuts off a hermed plant and the cuts didnt hermie out .. Ive also taken the time to remove balls for 2 weeks and then they just stopped producing them .. .. Gotta show your girls its a losing battle to produce balls :)

Loving the landraces guys! I got a few seeds to germinate still but waiting .. .. Its all about timing .. .. Working over my organic mix to best fit the needs of the sativa roots .. .. Got a couple strains that like it wet and a couple who like it dry .. ..

Pure AG .. Mich x AG .. .. Mich x Colombian .. Laos x Indian x Mich .. .. Few other crosses locked up in the vault too. All came from an old friend among his travels of the globe ..

Much appreciated where ever you are amigo!

This is a great thread.. I love.seeing all the different phenos and generations of mexican bud. Can't wait for dec planting lots of new seeds going out this year.

M

MummyCat

Looking great in here .. Mummy Cat you may want to delete off iPhone pics unless you have run them through a wash .. .. There are programs out there to look at all the hidden info in a pic .. .. Such as GPS coordinates .. .. There are lots of shady cats lurking on the net .. .. Just a warning

Oh yeah .. And culling a first time herm .. .. Should have taken cuts or just removed the balls .. .. Ive run cuts off a hermed plant and the cuts didnt hermie out .. Ive also taken the time to remove balls for 2 weeks and then they just stopped producing them .. .. Gotta show your girls its a losing battle to produce balls :)

Loving the landraces guys! I got a few seeds to germinate still but waiting .. .. Its all about timing .. .. Working over my organic mix to best fit the needs of the sativa roots .. .. Got a couple strains that like it wet and a couple who like it dry .. ..

Pure AG .. Mich x AG .. .. Mich x Colombian .. Laos x Indian x Mich .. .. Few other crosses locked up in the vault too. All came from an old friend among his travels of the globe ..

Much appreciated where ever you are amigo!

Thanks for looking out amigo, but I'm legal in every way possible so I don't really worry about it :)

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Thanks for looking out amigo, but I'm legal in every way possible so I don't really worry about it :)

i think he meant rippers too... better safe than sorry.

i'd clean those up too, just my :2cents:

M

MummyCat

Thank you all for your concern :tiphat:

Rippers would have to pass by some pretty serious operations to get to my handful of landrace plants. I don't live my life in fear, everyone is welcome to my GPS coordinates, someone is always home so come and blaze one :smoker:

Back in the '80's we had a special clone of Beatrix Choice from SSSC seeds. The father used in the cross was an inbred Acapulco gold, the mother and Afghani/South African. I always though she was mostly Acapulco dominant. The pics from Charlie with the pink pistils look just like our select cut, and the structure of the plant was just like in Mota de Dios' pics. It was very easy to grow and clone, very disease resistant, and lit you up real nice. Good all day smoke.

Jahgreenlabel, I love the look of your Oaxacan, very little leaf on that long beauty.