What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hello, I have several packages of oaxacan gold ps from proseeds. Now it is discontinued. Does anyone know where this line comes from or know anything about it? I have not seen any information here in the forum.

The Pearl-Stem Oaxacan Gold has a unique growth pattern where it grows single calyx at-a-time stacked on one another covered in shiny resin glands which look like pearls on a stalk. This line was selected for the best high we think out of the Oaxacan Gold line which is more euphoric and trippy in some sense. The flowering time can be a little longer with these. Around 16 to 18 weeks. Some going 20 weeks. The aroma is like fine incense and spice with notes of citrus. Almost like frankincense and myrrh. Burning a joint of her will leave the room smelling like a ritual was performed hours after the joint was put out. This line is best suited for the true sativa-heads who are looking to take on the challenge of a true pure long-flowering sativa with a high to match. View attachment 18804714 View attachment 18804715
I think it's @Mystic Funk thing.....

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hello, I have several packages of oaxacan gold ps from proseeds. Now it is discontinued. Does anyone know where this line comes from or know anything about it? I have not seen any information here in the forum.

The Pearl-Stem Oaxacan Gold has a unique growth pattern where it grows single calyx at-a-time stacked on one another covered in shiny resin glands which look like pearls on a stalk. This line was selected for the best high we think out of the Oaxacan Gold line which is more euphoric and trippy in some sense. The flowering time can be a little longer with these. Around 16 to 18 weeks. Some going 20 weeks. The aroma is like fine incense and spice with notes of citrus. Almost like frankincense and myrrh. Burning a joint of her will leave the room smelling like a ritual was performed hours after the joint was put out. This line is best suited for the true sativa-heads who are looking to take on the challenge of a true pure long-flowering sativa with a high to match. View attachment 18804714 View attachment 18804715
Think they were from cryptic labs.
Does the high match the expectations? Is it easy to find a keeper?

Charles-scott

Veteran
Looks very interesting I did an open pollination on my Blackseed line the first strain I ever sold many years ago .
I had always maintained the black seed to a narrow group or to specific pheno types in 2014 i was doing a fair bit of work and was worried about seeds losing viability so I carved a nice space in a clearing off my land and planted about 75 black seed seeds planning to sex all but 2-3 males and breed a number of f1 like the black seed x Amstel Gold and black seed x Burmese (Viper)
I ended up getting put in the hospital for an extended period and everything went wild Vancouver is fairly moist so everything did rather good considering they were only watered a few times .
This was when higher understanding was hatched turned out amazing it’s the black seed x Harmony but I digress.
After allowing everything to crossbreed tiny we had some interesting results we had not seen in decades of working with black seed which is a Mexican strain bred in the north kootnays and said to have only been outcrossed once in the mid 80’s with a Indica strain brought from Denmark than inbred .
For the first years they got immature bud they called “tips”
Jerry A and Larry P and Bill H were draft dodgers who settled in the area way back and black seed was the first viable cannabis they bred to grow commercially in the N kootnays .
Anyways we had seen some purple pistols and aspects of some pheno types but what popped out was a extremely narrow leaf pure NLD similar to your picture but more Sativa leaning I will post some pics amazed by this thread

Attachments

• 36AE75ED-4ED3-4190-BC92-AC1A09D08A1A.jpeg
    36AE75ED-4ED3-4190-BC92-AC1A09D08A1A.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 4A8A5E97-8A4D-4449-9CAB-457EDA36BA6B.jpeg
    4A8A5E97-8A4D-4449-9CAB-457EDA36BA6B.jpeg
    551.7 KB · Views: 195
  • DE6FF2F3-9135-4C36-B055-2870A32BA852.jpeg
    DE6FF2F3-9135-4C36-B055-2870A32BA852.jpeg
    986.6 KB · Views: 182
  • CEB089AA-D45F-4BC2-85FB-8CD3C8ED7DB7.jpeg
    CEB089AA-D45F-4BC2-85FB-8CD3C8ED7DB7.jpeg
    632 KB · Views: 178
  • 039EF272-7315-4BD1-B84B-4CC141B0E219.jpeg
    039EF272-7315-4BD1-B84B-4CC141B0E219.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 197

elchischas

Veteran
Hi amigos....
Here some photos of this mexican strain from Popocatépetl Vulcano area. All the plants was grow by my broder (his first grow) the sow like 70 and kill all the males,so he continue with 42 females, since that he chop like 12 or 11 plants. I'm back here at my hometown since been the two past years at South part of México. Yesterday we harvested 15 plants. the plants seems that never ending bloom now they got like 20 Weeks and some of it probably never end until the next year. Well some photos of this interesting Strain.
IMG_20230128_180703.jpg
IMG_20230128_181054.jpg
IMG_20230128_181234.jpg
IMG_20230128_180951.jpg
IMG_20230130_113925.jpg
IMG_20230131_104229.jpg
IMG_20230131_104056.jpg
IMG_20230131_104421.jpg
IMG_20230131_104628.jpg

Galaz

Saludos a todos en el foro.
Les comparto un par de fotos de una posible Sativa Criolla obtenida en algún lugar de la Sierra.Tiene un olor intenso a Limón, Menta y Cítrico dulzón. Saludos desde Zacatecas.

Greetings to all in the forum. I share a couple of photos of an interesting plant. It has an intense smell of lemon, mint and sweet citrus. Greetings from Zacatecas

20230202_190742.jpg

20230202_190554.jpg

20230202_195045.jpg

IMG-20230131-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20230131-WA0014.jpg

Last edited:

NOREGRETZ

this thread seems perfect for a couple questions I have regarding some seeds I have recently acquired, Oaxacan x Colombian from Coastal Seed Co. Sierra Mixteca x Colombian Red more specifically. I haven’t found much info online.

Looking for advice on whether sativas from this region tend to be nutrient sensitive and if they should do ok under LEDs?
Would you experienced folks flower clones right away or give them a week or so veg time before flip in a 4x4 tent?

I’ve tried a full sativa before (Vietnamese Black) and didn’t consider that grow a success but I have learned from it which is good I guess.

Thanks y’all :tiphat:
Espero que no sea demasiado tarde, los mexicanos fueron ofrecidos a kagyu1 por ig: makutsin_semillas también las variedades de hyp3rids como garra, puma y verde limón viene de makutsin..

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Well that isn't truth bro, in fact Kaiki didn't make the Destroyer hybrid, there's many skillful growers behind Cannabiogen old names like Lui,simpleseed,Estai, y of course the Master mind behind all the project "Siete" Kaiki was more Focus on the comercial part,the last years he was the breeder of the last Cannabiogen products. The old oaxaca that you are taking about it's the canadian clon that Kushyman give to Kaiki and he work with it a lot using it on many really interesting crosses,like this one -Mextiza- Oaxaca 79 x Panama/Jamaica
-----I can't show the photos ---- a technical problem i think

Thank you for that info

Now it makes sense why I saw the Vibes guys have Oaxacan 79 s1's instead of f-gens.

elchischas

Veteran
Thank you for that info

Now it makes sense why I saw the Vibes guys have Oaxacan 79 s1's instead of f-gens.
What's is f-gens bro?
I remember on the Vibes Co days there's many interesting landraces to share there. I got a big black oyster mexicans seeds from an English grower that at the end i never could sproud them. The S1 Oaxaca 79 came from Kushyman and if I can remember well he got it from dr.greenthumbs i still in contact with him i'm gonna ask him about it. Well he share the clon with Kaiki and he made a lot of interesting crosses. I got many old photos of my Oaxaca 79 repros , i'm gonna search them and put them here.

Rgd

Veteran
The S1 Oaxaca 79 came from Kushyman and if I can remember well he got it from dr.greenthumbs i still in contact with him i'm gonna ask him about it.

s1 Oaxacan came from the s1’s Kushyman made from then last Oaxacan clone Doc had

it was never called Oaxaca79...

the original clone grew like a lightish coloured willow tree with long resin encrusted branches that bent over

it smelled like cat piss...

the s1’s from the clone were all different..some were fatter than the clone..andm were quite manageable

some were extremely long flowering calyxes on a stick..with long long skinny leaves .skinny fronds of

calyxes..and smelled of strong lemon pledge...that plant was selfed for a few seeds..it had a very good se asian high

i know a few of the s1’s were given to two people[unless I forgot]...one was a Canadian the other lived in the States

the s1’s need to be grown out again..and focused on

but with so much cool sativa shit around it's not easy going back

the uber skinny one was so nld as to be as much of a pia to grow..stunningly beautiful/smelling

as the "pearls on stick" o haze....

so there are the old s1’s which should still pop and s1’s of the lemon pledge uber nld plant

there be a lot o variety in those “original" s1’s and I would say better highs than that gorgeous clone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts