What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Plookerkingjon

sowing directly in your best living soil is the best method and here is why
endophytic fungi

the secret to popping old seeds is in the fungi in the living soil, it's not enough to just pull some happy frog out and try bag soil, often the best living soil is in one's own outdoor flower bed garden - think about those weeds that sprout every time you turn the soil - some of these seeds are 10 - 50 years old, the soil is innoculated with fungi whose primary function is sprouting seeds and encouraging their growth because they are mutualists - https://www.learningarcticbiology.i...cies-and-adaptations/fungi/mutualistic-fungi/

there is a lot of amazing info on this topic and living soil will beat out any other test
Lmaop im a dirt/soil warrior
20221018_101958.jpg
20221018_102001.jpg

I should start grabbing mex landrace seeds. I need to grow these lines in my soils

Plookerkingjon

Miss ya my brother; glad summer going well ;)

This is a volunteer; it’s a Cambodian and most likely Laotian but during that grow I was hitting a few things with 12 fingers too; so it could be Cambodian 2 x Oax 12 regs…. Again volunteer so whom knows - what a beast… She got hit by pollen from 30 + year old EP x Sk (a) a does not mean auto - pollen that krk got from Scott a long time ago, they were very old seeds then…

Anyhow - what a Gal, never gonna finish here but I’m trying to squeeze some seeds from her, speed her up

View attachment 18753311

View attachment 18753312

View attachment 18753313

View attachment 18753314

Very few pistols but some pollinated

View attachment 18753315
My god shes really happy

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the Huichol are the 'hippies' of the Indians in that area, or all of Mexico for that matter. I would like to see what pot they smoke. Peyote is not a thing I want at present. I recall people taking it and it would make them sick. After that the show begins with it. hehe

ctg

Veteran
I think the Huichol are the 'hippies' of the Indians in that area, or all of Mexico for that matter. I would like to see what pot they smoke. Peyote is not a thing I want at present. I recall people taking it and it would make them sick. After that the show begins with it. hehe
Copper canyon from cbay days was from their part of the world. Excellent herb wish we still had seed stock. My partner at the time was getting lbs of it from Mexico

Charlos

Hola cabrones!
Here the biggest Popo female in bloom today
5 weeks flowering
View attachment 18769169 View attachment 18769170 View attachment 18769171

Have a good weekend!
View attachment 18769180
This is amazing! I just joined ICM in search of Popocapetl Azul. I can’t believe this, I’m almost emotional. I’m from AZ and family from Puebla got me about 2oz in 1993. Beautiful spears with buds on stem and no seeds. I smoked Mexican weed all my damn life, touched lots of quality Sinaloa and Oaxaca Gold that people came running for. I’m not really interested in growing anything Mexican but the Popo and trying to find that one flavor and high I still remember.

Charlos

elchischas

Veteran
not sure if I mentioned it already, but damn @elchischas great thread! Love to see all these beautiful Mexican varieties. The Popocatepetl is beautiful amigo.
Hola hermano!
Many thanks for the words :tiphat:
I trying hard to preserve the last of the mexican weed heritage... Just time will tell :smoke:
Some Jalisco males
IMG_20210301_213722.jpg
IMG_20210301_213822.jpg
IMG_20210301_213915.jpg
IMG_20210301_214044.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_213954.jpg
    IMG_20210301_213954.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 40

Plookerkingjon

How about that hempy mcnoodle man that guy's got some Mexican cultivars coming out of his closets that are a sight to behold

Latest posts

Latest posts