What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Manzinita Patch - Cream

Sourbear

Is that some kind of pink marijuana saffron? Is it the dried pistil staining the paper towel?

The seedling leaves themselves where a pink hue, the seed, the calyx the seed was in where not pink at all. The papertowel was 100% white and the only thing put in there where brown seeds, none of the pistils or any other flowering material from the plant. I have no clue what caused the seedling leaves to turn that color pink and bleed it onto the towel.

Sourbear

Had to chop down 4 more males that cropped up in the cream plants. 8/16 seeds ended up being female. It could have been worse so I'm not complaining to much. I knew the risk of popping all those seeds and was pessimistically expecting 50/50. And I really don't feel like taking clones and propagating them all year long.

For next year I'm going to make sure 6-8 of my pots are planted with feminized seeds. I'm going to purchase the Pine Tar Kush collaboration that CSI Humboldt did for the Tom Hill foundation. I used to get kicked Christmas tree nugs of PTK all the time from my friends on the coast and miss that strain so much. With whatever pots I have left over I will pop some more Cream X Kush seeds to just fill out whats left in the garden. I also have some Sour Grape seeds from Soma Rosa farms. And I also have access to some really amazing purple genetics from humboldt as well that I plan on trading seeds with here pretty soon. Next years garden is going to be pretty diverse. Hoping to get seeds germinated and planted at the end of march to replicate the 9-10fters I have this year.

Here is the biggest female showing some purple on her stems. Generally I don't see this until colder temps come in or if the plant is super stressed but she's the healthiest looking lady out of all of them. I'm expecting some pretty cool purples to come through near finish.
dpqQ3xb.jpg

I'm also slightly tempted to take a clone of this plant here in the center of the photo. She has an INCREDIBLE amount of budding sites and they are spread out so perfectly. She didn't get as tall as the rest but her budding sites are everywhere.
ml2jf5K.jpg

And then heres another shot of the biggest lady in the plot. budding sites are just now developing and pistils are popping out everywhere.
PxSQcqF.jpg

WPSmlj4.jpg

Last edited:

Sourbear

The ladies are starting to get some major resin production and the smells.... fellahs... I wish we had smellovision....
PEaDCzh.jpeg

nAcnLVV.jpeg

I'm torn between the duality of "I should have taken clones." and understanding that sometimes it is better to let things come and go instead of holding onto them. In life there are a few things that stand out as exemplary in our memories on the prerequisite that we only experienced them once. Where as if I consumed and propagated one of these strains for a decade, I might not have nearly as much reverence for it as I did if I only grew it one single sole year.

I didn't have any colloidal silver to force some seeds on certain nodes. The prospect of taking 4-5 clones from 19 different seed plants was just a tedious endeavor that I didn't want to strike up this year with how busy I have been. I still have about 200-250 Cream x Pineapple Kush seeds. I like the prospect of popping them each year to see what kind of phenotypes I can delve into.

I think in the future I will use colloidal silver on a few nodes to every single female to just grab small amounts of seeds from the winners. I used to cultivate for quantity, trying to grow all the same pheno for maximizing weight but now I don't sell anymore and have turned to specific traits I am after. (specifically right now im looking for a good pineapple strain and 4 of these cream x kush seeds have a sweet pineapple smell to them so im excited!.)

Next year I'm going to run some more Cream x Kush seeds to see what's in the genetics.

I'm also going to be purchasing some seeds from Humboldt CSI.
Check him out on insta and his website if you havent already.

"Patient Zero",
20180730_174934.png

"Living Dead Girl",
LivingDeadGirl.jpg

and some "Pine Tar Kush" from Humboldt CSI's seed bank. I really love Xmas tree buds from back in the day and I was excited to see somebody like the emerald triangle pirates pull together a breeding collab to propagate the PTK. Not to mention % of the proceedings go to Tom Hills kids fund which im down for supporting anytime. Tom has been a huge influence to me since I started browsing these forums.

I got a chance to grow a hybrid of his SCBB in 2016 and played around with his Deep Chunk back in the day. Some of the highest quality cannabis i've ever put in the soil.

Last edited:

Sourbear

Ladies are in their last days. I have sorted out all of the phenotypes in the 9 children and given them names!
cxuM8ab.jpg

Sourbear

Violet/Grape Pheno:
vXiOzsS.jpg

Violet/Grape Pheno:
UV6HG3i.jpg

Matriarch Pheno:
Q2g762z.jpg

Mango Cream Pheno:
avm4dDS.jpg

Matriarch Pheno:
8xxgMqj.jpg

Last edited:

Sourbear

Chunky Resin Pheno:
UAC9cht.jpg

Violet/Grape Pheno:
m8HFsWL.jpg

Red Cream Pheno:
7ar3gTq.jpg

Red Cream Pheno:
qLZpBN5.jpg

The Matriarch Pheno:
PaKIDO7.jpg

Last edited:

Sourbear

So I started naming the phenotypes as these ladies started ripening up. I have clipped early buds for hang and tasted a few so far.

1.) Red Cream - Easily the skunkiest smelling out of all of the plants. She lacks the fruity smell that the rest have, her purple color has a slight red tinge to it and it's definitely not a straight "purple" like the other ladies. She smells like straight kushy skunk, has a ton of resin, but also has an excess of sugar leaves. Trimming her will be hard but the smoke could be the best out of all 8.

2.) Pineapple Cream - No purple in this lady at all, she takes after the original Cream mother in bud structure, bud to leaf ratio, resin production, as well as how her coloration is. She is only one of three plants that had no purple and the fire orange pistils. Smells of sweet pineapple.

3.) Sour Cream - No purple in this lady at all, she has orange pistils like the pineapple. Instead of smelling sweet she has a sour skittles smell just like the original Cream strain. This plant is probably the closest taste and smell to the original cream strain I received in 2013-2014. Her leaves are also skinnier than the rest of the plot. I smoked some early bud I clipped and hung and it floored me....

4.) Banana Cream - No purple at all on this lady. Her sugar leaves are so dark green and her bud formation reminds me of roses the way it folds the sugar leaves up. The thc is visibly longer on this phenotype, definitely going to be the most frosty out of all of them just by looking at her crystals. She smells just like a fruity banana oil or candy.

5.) The Matriarch - She's the biggest out of all the Cream x Kandy Kush females standing about 13-14ft tall. She has started turning a beautiful color of pinkish purple. Her smell is pretty low key, she has a mixed smell of mandarin oranges and skunk. She seems like a sleeper but might end up being my favorite smoke. I haven't gotten an early clip/hang to test her. But I got a cola hanging that should be ready to test in a week.

6.) Mango Cream - This one has similarities to the Banana cream plant in that its also very kush oriented in its plant structure and cola formations. Instead of bushing out and making fat nugs from bottom to top, the Banana and Mango cream strains act more like the Kandy Kush spear type colas where the top colas have all of the weight/emphasis. She smells of sweet mangos and in a strange turn of events the lower nugs started turning purple before the top colas. usually that happens the other way around in my Cream strains.

7.) Violet/Grape Cream - This one is pretty self explanatory, she has a much darker violet purple color to her buds and she smells of grape soda. She is a great example of a hybrid with an Indica styled short stocky plant with FAT buds everywhere, but her water leaves and sugar leaves are so skinny like a sativa.

8.) Chunky Resin Cream - This plant has some of the biggest nugs but also was just a stunted midget in comparison to everyone else. She never really got as tall but put on some very resinous buds. She is also the only other plant that has a real SOUR smell to it. Everything else is sweet fruit.

So 8/16 Cream seeds popped female. Of the 8 that popped, all 8 phenotypes so far have been more than exemplary from a genetic standpoint. The only negative I have seen so far is just from the "Red Cream" Phenotype. She has a bit to much sugar leaves on the cola, but she also finished about a week earlier than everyone else, as well has having and insane amount of resin. So technically all 8 of these seeds that came from the Cream x Kush breeding turned out to be well worth the gamble.

3 of the females leaned towards the original Cream mother. They where big green buds with orange hairs and TONS of crystals/resin. With a sweet or sour smell on the buds. Occasionally they would turn purple or pink with maybe 1-3% of the calyx's.

3 of the females leaned towards the Kush genetics creating the spear like colas with some incredible fruity tropical aromas.

and 2 of them kind of did their own thing. They showed off some of the Black Cherry Soda genetics that came from the Cream's parents.

Next year im going to have 7-8 feminized seeds, different strains, from CSI Humboldt, then im going to have 3-4 pots to play around with some more Cream X Kush seeds that I have, hoping for some more genetic diversity. Im hoping to order Pine Tar Kush, Patient Zero, Living Dead Girl, and the OG trainwreck from CSI humboldt this winter. I'm also going to ask, (he doesnt have it listed) But i'm going to ask if he has access to Tom Hill's Deep Chunk.... I've been looking for a Chocolate Phenotype of that strain... for years....

Last edited:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
nice looking colors and garden this year!
It doesn't look like you had to fight caterpillars?

I found some like every year and plucked out rot as a result of it but no major losses

Sourbear

Yeah those black cherry soda genetics are really shining through. Although i'm really surprised at the diesel sour smell that most of them have. Everything seems to be a different tropical fruit with a sour kick.

no caterpillar problems thankfully. I know people in the valley deal with them, same with the spider mites, usually near oak trees.

The only thing I have had to deal with this year is ants carrying aphids onto the upper branches during veg. I saw maybe 15-20 aphids per plant, wasn't much but I didn't like seeing it. Once I put some nematodes in the soil, and did a few very diluted colorless soap sprays they where gone. A few aphids come back during the last 1-2 weeks when the leaves start yellowing but they can't make there way anywhere that has THC.

Last edited:

Sourbear

Update-
Hanging: Chunky Resin Cream - The Matriarch
Bagged - Red Cream
Next to be chopped: Violet/Purple Grape Pheno

So, I've gotten around to completely trimming up the Red Cream plant. 2 pounds 1 oz partially hydrated/wet still. Should dry up closer to around 1.5 lbs. Currently burping two separate turkey bags with a pound each in them. Usually I burp my bags till the nugs stop hanging onto each ocher after you crack it open and rotate the bottom to the top. Then I seal it all into a doubled up turkey bag. She was definitely a pain the the eternal ass when it came to trimming. However I ended up with a ton of trim material for future concentrate use. I actually just threw quite a bit of "littles" into the trim bags because there where so many nugs and colas. There is no way im consuming every bit of the stuff I grow this year so I'm okay with only trimming up the colas and fat nugs for 1.5-2lbs and having tons of popcorn bud in the trim bags.

When I burp the bag I get a really strong sour candy smell. Something like a warhead or a lemonhead. After trimming her colas up, getting some dry nugs and grinding them for the bong, and really getting a taste/feel of her. I'm really impressed. The purple in this phenotype was really subtle, the bud in general is darker but the purple calyx's are low profile and still have that dark red hue to them. Tastes very similar to the Kandy Kush genetic backing that it came from. It literally tastes like that crystal candy you get on a stick at fairs, but now instead of bubblegum flavor its a sour fruity flavor. The flavor is amazing when you burn it, the high feel like a really balanced 50/50 hybrid. Very potent meds. It's pretty much like Kandy Kush but with a sour twist to it.

Next up to be processed is THE MATRIARCHHH. She was the biggest plant and easily had the most colas.... with so many more plants to go I'm probably going to just harvest the nugs and colas that "thunk" when I clip them off their hanging line and they fall into my packing tote. I could have done the same with the Red Cream pheno and ended up with about 1.7-1.8 lbs partially dried out but instead I cleaned up a bunch of small stuff to go with it.