What's new

The Man Cave Recountal Redux

Flux451

Your do good work in the world. :ying:

Would you say that NLBB 5 is showing the NL side more then NLBB 5 and others with the darker color?

Just curious if you would say its primarily due to variation from seed or from mediums, I remember seeing some blue dream hybrid which was just all bonkers and particular plants were very different, and it had to do partly environmental variance. Just wondering is there commonly a strong degree of variation when sprouting beans considering all factors are otherwise matched

quiescent

wow, amazing.

Your do good work in the world. :ying:

Would you say that NLBB 5 is showing the NL side more then NLBB 5 and others with the darker color?

Just curious if you would say its primarily due to variation from seed or from mediums, I remember seeing some blue dream hybrid which was just all bonkers and particular plants were very different, and it had to do partly environmental variance. Just wondering is there commonly a strong degree of variation when sprouting beans considering all factors are otherwise matched

Thanks for dropping in guys!

I don't have a concrete idea what is leaning to which side. Here is how I see it at this point, haven't seen many pics of the parents to be honest with you.

I'd guess by the way they're growing that the NLBB 3, 4 and 6 are good representations of ~ 50/50 mix of the strains. NLBB1, my male is also near the middle of the spectrum.

I think NLBB2 could be a NL leaner, thai to be specific..stretched like hell, gonna put out long arms of golf ball nugs. Earlier in flower before it out stretched the height of the hood it was putting out FAT white hairs.

NLBB5 might be the BB leaner, its thinner leaves and the amount of nodes its produced are crazy.

The smells are all very fruity and dank. Some more odorous than others, but all smell pleasant.

There is tons of variation when growing from seed. The crazy polyhybrids are definitely not putting out a ton of similar plants, expect more variation in something that is like (NLxBB)x(AKxC99) than just NLxBB. Growing from seed is a crap shoot; some are great, most not so much.

quiescent

Spring is very near and all my little projects consume me from sun up to the wee hours of the morning. I keep thinking that the chaos will come to an end but its really just beginning.

I have had some follies in the garden this week....

I spilled a plastic tray of c99 clones so I have 3 plants that are all mixed up with eachother. I need to figure out what's what before I can make seeds with the rest of the plants, I may have to delay 12/12 for a couple of weeks while they grow enough to identify. Thats kinda good news though, bigger plants = more seeds :)

I snapped a branch on one of my white lightnings while moving it in and out of the tent. It was a main branch that held 4 -6 colas so I'm not too happy with myself right now. Hopefully other buds get bigger as a result, I know they won't make up for what's lost though.

On 3/14 I fed with the first does of nutes they've seen in a while, mostly to add a bit more life to the soil and add K as my last scratch in was lacking potassium.

To about 25 gallons of tap water bubbled for 24 hrs I added (in order)
1 gallon EWC
1/2 cup EJ Microblast
1/2 cup GO CaMg+
1/2 cup Silica Blast
1/2 cup EJ Grow
1.5 cups EJ Bloom
1.5 cups EJ Hi-Brix
1.5 cups EJ Catalyst

I bubbled this for 8 hours before feeding to the plants, some were kind of wilty so they all got a very nice soaking.

I expect to pull KQ1 at 56 days to maintain some head given it seems to lean to the c99 side of things, so its water only from here out for that plant. The other KQs and the NLBBs I expect to pull around 63 days and then will come the WLs for night time smoke at around 70. This progressive harvest will make the trimming much easier on my back :D

Things are chunking up nicely all around. Pictures taken tonight, day 43 of 12/12.

NLBB2

NLBB3

quiescent

A massive veg update is in the works. First up is the OG Chems that I have put on the back burner for long enough.... their time is fast approaching and I'm excited to see what the plants I am remaining with holds.

The males have been cloned and will be held onto for later use; the females will be flowered out sensi in the coming weeks. Most likely under 600w in a 4x4 until space opens up in the 4x8 under the 1ks. It will probably be at day 10-14 of 12/12 when it hits the big show.

Not many specifics because things are still in the planning stages, trying to figure out how I'm going to control the stretch. Thinking tomato cages might be in use again.

When I up pot these I'll update, pics are from yesterday before I took 4-6 clones from each plant reducing them to 4-8 branches.

OGM1

OGM2

OGM3

quiescent

I might be able to include a few of these white lightnings in the 4x8 under the same light with the OG Chems above. Preference will be towards the plants with the most remaining tops, secondary is the ability to hold itself up with out too much training. These were also cloned and left with 4-8 tops per plant.

WL1

WL2

WL3

WL4

WL5

WL6