What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The LP journey

A farmer I know grows hemp. I do know that only specific strains produces a viable amount of CBD.

Ive been researching hemp extensive.

Yes, genetics with hemp seem to be very crucial.

So much learning.

Still trying to ascertain the viability of outdoor.

We did secure a location for retail. That will be open in April!

Onward we go...

Thanks for the comment,. :)

diffusing

my understanding is in Ontario at least an LP can only own 9.99% of a retail outlet.

"7. A corporation is not eligible to be issued a retail operator licence if more than 9.9 per cent of the corporation is owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by one or more licensed producers or their affiliates."

my understanding is in Ontario at least an LP can only own 9.99% of a retail outlet.

"7. A corporation is not eligible to be issued a retail operator licence if more than 9.9 per cent of the corporation is owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by one or more licensed producers or their affiliates."

Our lawyer will know how to set up ownership to facilitate operation. We have adult kids and spouses whos name we can put it in. Im sure there are very simple work around.

Thanks for the post and the information. :)

What’s the scoop on the, “jet fuel residue” issue on All the outdoor weed tested?

No, I have no source. Was word of mouth. I shouldn't even have mentioned it. These guys wont let it go now. People think they are going to simply plant a field then sell it. Not going to happen. You need to comply with the security requirements. Know what a fence around a field costs with cams monitoring it? Good luck with that.\
Anyone can go the CCI website. Its the largest consulting form in the nation doing Cannabis. They have page that poutli9nes the outdoor. Not one spec of outdoor weed is or has been in the Canadian legal market. Testing is required just like on indoor buds. Indoor bud is MEDICAL GRADE clean! Good luck getting that to happen outside. The only viability we foresee with outdoor cannabis, is extraction. We believe that through high filtration of of solvent extract before distillation has the ability to render medical grade. That will all be figured out next season by big companies with outdoor test spots. IMHO...

I dont think the average person fully comprehends the level of clean the bud has to be in order to meet requirements. Its medical grade. Its as clean as a pill would be manufactured in a lab.How the F you think you can make that happen outside? Think people. Stop believe that you are simply going to be able to put 400 in your yard and then sell it all. Not happening. A fence around 1 acre is about 60K alone. Thats just the start.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I used to live in the direct flight landing/takeoff path of a major airport. And close enough for the windows to shake. During takeoff, you could see the orange exhaust blasting out of the airliners. Many times you could smell it too. Some times I swore I could see the fumes setting. The white lines on the road directly under the plane's path at the end of the runway WAS YELLOW. I'm not joking.

So if you grew in the flight path, and there's always great growing spots there, it would definitely test Positive for something.

Having said that, I don't think it would test Positive off the flight path, even on but farther than a mile away. I'd be very surprised.

I used to live in the direct flight landing/takeoff path of a major airport. And close enough for the windows to shake. During takeoff, you could see the orange exhaust blasting out of the airliners. Many times you could smell it too. Some times I swore I could see the fumes setting. The white lines on the road directly under the plane's path at the end of the runway WAS YELLOW. I'm not joking.

So if you grew in the flight path, and there's always great growing spots there, it would definitely test Positive for something.

Having said that, I don't think it would test Positive off the flight path, even on but farther than a mile away. I'd be very surprised.

I fully agree. Like I said before, it was in a flight path. Thats what I heard. I heard fallout from jet fuel ruined the crop.

On a side note... I still think it would be impossible to meet the testing standards with outdoor. I dont know though. These Mfers have not made this easy. But, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
For sure. According to some research, interior air is more polluted than outside air in most cases. I'm willing to bet my horse most mold issues happen during the drying process. I'm also in the licensing process and venting is getting special attention. Everyone says I'm going overboard but fuck them. I want to fix my problems once. Not 3 times.

For sure. According to some research, interior air is more polluted than outside air in most cases. I'm willing to bet my horse most mold issues happen during the drying process. I'm also in the licensing process and venting is getting special attention. Everyone says I'm going overboard but fuck them. I want to fix my problems once. Not 3 times.

I hear ya. Ventilation and humidity control will mitigate mold issues for the most part. HEPA /Hega will really add to it.

Lotta money goes into HVAC systems.

There are many outdoor environmental pollution sources that could potentially contribute to contamination.

Best of luck with your licensing process. As you know, its very regulatory intensive.

Thank you very much for your comment,

redlaser

Veteran
As far as pollution sources go, I was surprised to learn that there is no established health standards for pesticides in ambient air, at least where I live in California, not sure about Canada.

Probably wouldn’t be an issue with getting licensed, but possibly useful or interesting.

In 2017 California Department of Pesticide Regulation did weekly and 24 hr air sampling, different times of day, in Kern, Chular, Santa Maria, and Monterey counties.

Testing for 31 pesticides and 5 breakdown compounds, 7,300 tests total.

93% tests detected nothing, 7% had detectable levels, 1.9% had quantifiable levels.

Top three detected were Chlorthal-dimethyl, MITC, and Chlorothalonil.

Good luck on the licensing, lotta hoops to jump through but worth it in the end I suppose.

We have licensing in our county, but zoning limits who can participate.
At the beginning of licensing, one of the requirements is to be registered with the water board to ensure legitimate water sourcing.

Water board gave the list to county supervisors like they are supposed to, and somehow sheriff sees this list and proceeds to raid/cut all those new water board customers, which was about 8-10 people.

Limeygreen

Veteran
A lot of growers are getting botrytis and mildew from improper crop management, reaching dew point with hvac systems, not knowing how to control climates properly, varieties are not suitable or they are susceptible to diseases and the funniest one for me is they want to grow massive flowers to show everyone a donkey dick.

Most of the issues are not in the drying process.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I found a great article on some of the sterilization equipment being ran on large scale operations. The one that claims it takes buds that failed testing and makes them pass peaked my interest alot...

https://www.marijuanaventure.com/mold-reducing-technologies/

(My bad if this has been mentioned already)
There are alot of rebate and cash incentives for using lower wattage 600w instead of 1k led lights and renewable energy instead of main grid power

ortsa1

I found a great article on some of the sterilization equipment being ran on large scale operations. The one that claims it takes buds that failed testing and makes them pass peaked my interest alot...

https://www.marijuanaventure.com/mold-reducing-technologies/

(My bad if this has been mentioned already)
There are alot of rebate and cash incentives for using lower wattage 600w instead of 1k led lights and renewable energy instead of main grid power

all that 'tech' is just jerk off shit to rip of gullible growers chasing the green dragon. Here is a small blurb that explains some of it https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/air-cleaners-avoid-cannabis-grower-pco-tio2-hydroxyl-radical-jordan/

ive forsure heard of people running ozone in their grows.. shit terrifies me though cause is very very lethal. I guess in the right setting and used with proper safety its viable.. but the uv-c option is by far the best choice. it works and it is quite obviously the least invasive option. idk I don't use either. just opinion. :tiphat:

edit: And upon further thought, I think as a customer id much prefer knowing the air is purified and cleaned in a closed uv-c system vs gassing all your flowers with ozone. in my mind that's a "cleaner" product.

it just seems to make more sense doing it that way. Im not aware of the costs to implement this tech, so forgive me for my ignorance. ( I have no horse in this race, I just enjoy watching the progress unfold!!!) but really it just goes back to the scare of the LP's spraying their plants. I know ozone and avid are 2 different things. but a lot of people wont see it that way. I guess this is just food for thought. as someone who is very interested in researching production methods and tech behind the flower im buying, its just really good to see people trying to use the best/proper tech cause they actually care and don't just wanna finish their run. and id definitely prefer the uv-c light method. that's just me though!!:blowbubbles:

Last edited: