What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the lonely 55w vertical pl-l.

Thank you Garuda for that pic update! Looks like a very nice genetics to!
i would be proud of myself for even getting near your results with 2x 55w plls :)

Really loving your grow man, its a pleasure to look at!
:tiphat:

Garuda

Veteran
Thanks for your comments :)
@Mitsuharu: When i harvest I usually leave the smallest two buds right above ground and put it back in the veg chamber. It takes some time but they always came back til now :) It also works as a basic test for intersex traits.

algreenery: You're welcome :)

Garuda

Veteran
Recently I did the proposed upgrade/addon :D

There is still one LED missing, i didn't have the time yet to modify it accordingly to the first one :) Additionally I build a breadboard prototype of my microcontroller-based growcontrol unit, which will dim the LEDs with PWM, control the ventilation strength and warn for low water level. When I do the final, soldered and assembled version I will give you another update ...

Last edited:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
hey garuda didn't see you in the yogurt cup challenge so i went looking.

cool cab! i always respected your micro ingenuity and commitment to long flowering hazes.

:respect:

Garuda

Veteran
Hi heady_blunts,
I'm still here but this summer was too nice and I was too lazy for posting stuff. I barely keep my plants alive :D I actually have two yogis growing, I think these days I'll enroll them to the contest :D
Thanks for coming by :)
Greetings,
Garuda.

C

Cinderella Man

Hey Garuda are you still around... really love your Micro grows man!

Garuda

Veteran
Thanks Cinderella Man :) Yes, I'm still around and still growing, at some point i'll post some pictures eventually but right now its not very spectacular :)

djslife

Killer cab, I need to give these lights a shot! If you don't mind, what program are you using to model your cab?

Thanks for posting!

-djslife

Garuda

Veteran
:D I'm a bit surprised that theres so much going on here, thanks for your support :)
@djslife: I did this stuff with Cinema4D, but any other 3d-modeling software should do. I did some box sketches with Google (now Trimble) SketchUp before that, which is also sufficient for planning the box.

Ky_Uss

Diese-gut.jpg

:-D

maree

Hi Garuda - good to see you're still in fine fettle and doing your own thing! Got a general query for you - how do you find the quality of the smoke from the longer flowering, more tropical sativas, using just the 55 watts? Yield is not really an issue for me but am curious as to how you'd rate the finished product as have just got some ACE zamadelica and CBG Panama to pop (under 110 watts of PLL). Would really appreciate your honest and frank opinion.

Last edited:

Garuda

Veteran
Hi maree, I have nothing to compare it to, but I actually liked every one of them so far. Keep the rootspace limited and the lights really close and you should get something excellent in return :)

Ky_Uss

maree: I grow under 72w T8´s and a friend of mine grows under 600w NDL and we never felt a difference quality wise smoking either of our bud.

Another friend and long time smoker recently got some of my bud for his birthday and he said it was incredibly good.

If there´s any difference quality wise, i reckon it´s miniscule.

maree

Hi Garuda and Ky Uss. Thanks very much for getting back to me on this - really appreciate your feedback. Being a micro-lover myself (Garuda, you were kind enough to give me advice on wiring up my Osram Dulux L's when I first gave it a go) I'm already in agreement with you as regards to the quality of herbs grown in this way (i.e. no detectable difference in general) but I was concerned that these longer flowering, pure sativas might suffer from lack of light intensity. I've had success with CBG's Caribe, a lovely plant, which takes 10 - 11 weeks to mature but wasn't unsure about tacklng strains like these that can take 14 - 16 weeks and whose breeders, especially in the case of ACE, emphasise the necessity of intense lighting. Your assurances mean that I will get cracking on these projects soon! Hopefully, will get back to you both and let you know how it all pans out. Cheers micro-amigos!

Ky_Uss

I for one think they might emphasize this because the overall yield will no doubt increase greatly but more as a precaution against people saying: shitty strain, yield is almost nill...

Compared to the usual more commercial strains. Personally, i haven´t grown anything yet that takes more then 11-12 weeks and especially not side by side to really compare it.

I don´t see a reason why it wouldn´t work under 55w though, aside from being low in yield, but then: we know this in advance so no biggie, eh?

cheers maree and good luck!

maree

Thanks Ky Uss - yep, yield is not an important factor when you're a micro-grower and a micro-smoker to boot. Besides, I have a mighty 110 watts at my disposable. I'll report my results in 4 or 5 months!

Garuda

Veteran
A small update:

The system ist still not running at full capacity but soon will :)
The girl shown in the single picture is a ACE Guatemala btw ;)

maree

Supa cool! Got some from Tikal seeds (a Guatemalen hyrbrid) in my ACE order and that has made me want to pop them. But the bangi haze and hashfruit (CBG) are first.

Latest posts

Latest posts