What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Landrace Indica thread

ctg

Veteran
In many of the traditional hash producing countries weed back before the 80's showed traits of both sat and indica. I've grown old hash plants from Uzbek and around Kandahar afgh that were tall and thin leaved when in flower had more of an up type high and more fruity than hashy these came directly from the source through friends. The indoor craze in from work he 80's on seemed to breed out the height and stank to fit the indoor cultivation scheme.
-ct-

Last edited:

bwoyrude

Veteran
The only thing that I know, genetics from southern regions of Afghanistan, close to Kandahar.
There was a 2 phenotype, broad-leaved and narrow-leaved like my photo.

As I know, both phenotypes were combined in the selection process
also, both can show purple and sometimes black colors in the end of flowering, black looks very amazing
According to legend, broad-leaved pheno is stronger but more problematic in growth.
I got only 1 lady from 8 seeds (and ofc already get clones )
pics from forum where i've received the seeds

Last edited:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Very nice plants bwoyrude, I have a ghani line from Helmand ( not far from Kandahar ) that is sold at a another forum too, is your line possibly the same?

I now the Helmand show purple phenotypes, and maybe also black ones but I've not grow it yet.

Peace !

therevverend

Veteran
Picked up some Purple Urkle S1 seeds from CSI Humboldt last winter. Weird to be talking about it in a Landrace thread but I was surprised by what I got. Growing outdoors I expected a typical California hybrid type, 2-3 meters more or less tall. The tallest one I got was about a meter. The smallest were about 1.5-2 feet tall. Here's a couple pics.
picture.php

picture.php

We'll call them Pheno 1 and Pheno 2. At first I was pissed off, expensive scraggy runts. I planted them in late March/early April and they never took off. Never seen plants grow so slowly. Once they started throwing out the fat leaves I thought they were mutations, then when the flowers started to set I realized I was dealing with an extremely inbred Indica.
Pheno 2 started showing nearly duckfoot leaves. Some were perfect ducksfeet. I took a comparison photo. Pheno 2 on left, 1 on right.
picture.php

Super chunky petioles where they attach to the stalk on Pheno 1. Here's a couple Pheno 1 flower pics.
picture.php

picture.php

Pheno 2 is prone to boytritis.
Smell is typical of true Indica, floral, hashy, with a hint of rancidity at certain times. Very nostalgic smells for me.
They're still going right now, Pheno 2 comes down tomorrow, 1 in a couple of days. Longer flowering times then the hybrids.
My guess would be the Urkle, at least this guy's cut, is very close to the source Indica that was originally brought to Calilfornia. Seeing and smelling similarities with Deep Chunk, similar strains. The two that reached around a meter are also very Indica though not as extreme as Pheno 1 and 2.
The seeds I got were feminized, which I don't like because I can only make hybrids. But I noticed CSI Humboldt's sells sister company, Pirates of the Emerald Triangle, sells regular seed. These plants would be great indoors, my area is a little too humid for real Indicas. Unless I keep them in pots and move them in and outdoors the boytritis will take hold. Surprised Pheno 1 hasn't caught it.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Small update on the Deep Chunk/PTK hashplants by Raco, grown by a good friend. We're looking for a reproduction and a later big selection for keepers with those. Many thanks for your help bro!

Vibes!

amazing. any plans for a release to the public?

pothead66

I have seen earlier in this thread some of you guys posted some pics of an autoflo varieti (paki or uzbeki can`t remember).
Can you give more details about it?
Does it have ruderalis in it?
I dislike autoflowers but these ones sound interesting

Thank you fir this awesome thread

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
so ive read about particularly sativa-y populations in places like morocco or lebanon, and even pakistan... what regions have the super heavy hitting narcotic indicas?