What's new

The Kindest Grow Log

Kindest

Help please

Help please

Day 21 flowering update

Not sure what happened...checked plants right at 6:30 am lights on this morning...Came home at 4:30 pm and lights were off! Timer time was wrong, maybe got bumped.

Will these extra dark hours mess things up? Ugh. Surely this happens to growers all the time.

Do you happen to know how many days the timer was not set right? I've seen people lose power for a few days and not have any issues when the lights came back on.

Kindest

Some pictures to make me feel better about the lighting mishap

Some pictures to make me feel better about the lighting mishap

Medusa Day 21

Group Shot (After several hours of accidental lights out) Day 21

Baby BOG Sour LSD (Day 3) - Male or female?

Be kind and thanks for your input on my lighting mishap.

Kindest

Do you happen to know how many days the timer was not set right? I've seen people lose power for a few days and not have any issues when the lights came back on.

Nah, probably just today...Otherwise the cycle has just been off for a few days. I figure if just today they had between 2-10 hours of darkness during their day period.

I gave them an hour or so of light then back to dark at the normal 6:30 to resume the previous routine.

If people have went several days with lights off, then I should be fine. Thanks for the quick response.

Kindest

Flowering Day 25

1. I've found the timer off schedule two separate days now - realized a new plant in the cab was bumping the dials.

2. Did one final lower bud removal this morning.

3. BOG sour LSD is female, that that'll stay in the cab and run 20 days behind the rest.

4. Sour Diesel (from a non-boo/bay vendor) looks to be either a low performer or just a slow one. I take no responsibility for the genetics, only my inexperienced purchase.

5. Love the Medusa - hope it smokes as well as it grows.

Queen Medusa

Sour D Group Shot Day 25

Kindest

Flowering Day 28

Flowering Day 28

It's the end of week four - sour D is catching up frost-wise and buds are coming together lengthwise. No pictures tonight, new years resolution meant gym time after work instead of gardener time.

Scrogging did not go as planned. I have a better understanding now of methods for creating an even, more full canopy - this will require a cab update or three at some point. This scrog did little in terms of increasing large budding sites.

The kiddie cab (formerly known as the ghetto veg cab) has updates as well...I threw down a handful of bag seed and ended up with the "keeper" below. Tonight I noticed it has bilateral 4-blade leaves, missing the fifth. It's no ducksfoot but seemed interesting.

Deformed Bag Seed (Calling it "Bad Chad")

Sour D mom

Kiddie Cab (Veg under 150W CFL)

New $5 cloner

Thanks for your input - it helps.

Be kind.

Kindest

Flowering Day 31

Flowering Day 31

Lots of frost in the cab. Still learning from mistakes but very pleased with the quality of this grow versus the previous auto grow. Already better buds just halfway through flowering than the finished auto product.

Lady Medusa

LED Goodness

Medusa Group Shot

Sour D Group Shot

Thanks for your feedback (or at least peeking inside).

Be kind.

Kindest

Flowering Day 32

Flowering Day 32

Flowering Day 32 - Cab clean up and small fixes.

Lady Medusa
picture.php

Group Shot
picture.php

At least the photos are improving.

Be kind.

Kindest

Flowering Day 35

Flowering Day 35

End of week five - pleased with what I see and smell.

The Medusa smells of fruity candy, and the Sour D has an earthy smell to it...Can't quite place it. You hate to jinx it, but the cab is a picture of health at this point.

Sour D Closeups

picture.php

picture.php

Group Shots

picture.php

picture.php

I'm hoping someone will chime in soon regarding the characteristics of this "Sour D." These seeds were picked up from a newer source, and I'm just wondering if they're truly characteristic of the SD. This is not my area of expertise.

Thanks and as always, be kind.

I would lend you some patience but mine has just about run out too. 1 week left until harvest and I feel like I got ants in my pants. Just keep watching those buds swell and it will be worth the wait.

Kindest

I would lend you some patience but mine has just about run out too. 1 week left until harvest and I feel like I got ants in my pants. Just keep watching those buds swell and it will be worth the wait.

Hehe I won't say I've stolen a bit of popcorn off the bottom, but I won't say I haven't. Thanks for the encouragement.

Kindest

Day 42 Flowering

Day 42 Flowering

Six weeks is over and still no issues with these ladies. Looks like the Medusa will be finished before the Sour D.

Can anyone give input on whether this diesel look more sativa vs. indica? I understand the most obvious leaf differences, but am not so good with the more subtle indicators.

Sour D
picture.php

Group Shot
picture.php

LED Goodness
picture.php

Kindest

Flowering Day 43

Flowering Day 43

Day 43 update - Added an additional 60 x 3x LED, and happy it fit so nicely. You have a realization of the differences in spectrums the first time you run two competing panels next to each other.

Sour D
picture.php

Haven't calculated my total wattage yet
picture.php

Day 43
picture.php

I'm still looking for feedback on whether this "Sour D" has true characteristics. Thanks