What's new

The Kindest Grow Log

Kindest

Kindest's Perpetual Grow Journal - Notes below but it's an ever-evolving, seemingly ever-expanding personal grow. Since this started we've added a tent and additional LEDs. Hope you'll follow along and watch me harvest some sweet buds and make aton of mistakes in the process.

The (antique) veg cab:
26"x23" with 38" of height.
84w Penetrator x-pro (3w)
4" inline with homemade carbon filter
8x8" passive intake under bottom shelf

Soil mix of FFOF and Promix + perlite + lime.

Today is day 1 flowering for:
2 "Sour Diesel #2" in 3 gallon pots
1 "Sour Diesel #2" in 1.5 gallon pot
2 Nirvana Medusa in a shared 3 gallon pot

Some other kids vegging in a separate ghetto cab...More on that later. Here are some pics to get this started.

The cab
Flowering Day 1
SCROG Shot, Day 1
One of the smaller SDs
LED for the win

I threw in the two smaller ones to make space in the other cab...Is this going to be too full once it fills in? That's probably my only question at this point.

I hope some people will follow along. Cheers.

Last edited:

Kindest

I'm still looking for feedback on whether the LED flower cab is too full to start.

In the meantime, here's another of the SDs that didn't make the cut. She'll be my crazy bonzai experiment for awhile.

Aaaaaand here's the ghetto cab the collection of experiments is living in.

Thanks for following.

Kindest

Flowering update - day 5

Timer working nicely, and I'm happy with the cycle chosen - 6:20 a.m. - 6:20 p.m. Allows time both mornings and evenings to fuss around if needed.

So far these gals are taking whatever they're given - they switched over from Grow Big to Tiger Bloom this week. I throw in a pinch of epsom once or twice per grow, and I'll add molasses around week 4 of flower. Everybody looks super healthy.

I still think the cab is too full. What do you do about over crowding?

Be kind.

The only thing you can do for over crowding is trim or remove a plant. If you don't want to do either of those you may need to adjust the branches every few days to make sure they are all getting light and have good airflow.

Kindest

The only thing you can do for over crowding is trim or remove a plant. If you don't want to do either of those you may need to adjust the branches every few days to make sure they are all getting light and have good airflow.

Looks like #4 (the runt in the back corner) is a freak anyways. Dammit I hate to throw away a plant.

Buddington, been watching your armoir grow - looks great. Wish I could see the more recent pics. Thanks for following.

I hate throwing away plants too. I might be tossing a 3 month old mother just to make space. Thanks for checking out my grow, I had a lot of pictures there at one time but I had to delete them because I ran out of album space. I will be putting some new pictures up in a couple days. Good luck man, you should have a great harvest with this setup.

Kindest

Flowering update Day 7

Only had a 15 minute window to water tonight and fed a strong dose of the FF grow and bloom combined. Organic is in the cards but that damned FF trio pack has to be used to justify the beginners purchase. Things were getting droopy and I'm sure it'll be a taller crew in the morn.

The Medusa has a distinct orange smell and the sour reeks of chocolate every time the cab is opened. It's a great holiday combo and certainly warrants 2x per day inspection right now.

There are signs flowering on all four plants and all look healthy. The sour diesel is going to eat a lot. A crazy amount of stretch could be problematic and ill be looking for answers soon on timing on pruning the scrog under carriage. Thoughts?

Pictures again once something cool happens.

Kindest

Flowering Update Day 8

Full screen, probably too full. Medusa definitely hardier than the Diesel but all plants looking strong.

Medusa

Medusa

vukman

Veteran
Heya brother.. as long as you've got room to get in there and do some trimming you're okay. Everyone knows about the Scrog (Screen of Green) but they forget about the SOG which is the sea of green. Nothing wrong with either method and the SoG needs the plants to be packing in there anyway.

The only issue you might have is if the PH gets a bit too high while in flower and then mould might become an issue but proper air circulation should resolve that problem...

Good Luck

Kindest

Healthy Cab

Healthy Cab

Flower Day 13 Update

Coming along nicely, limited opportunity to train under the net at this point. No significant problems noted. Started trimming undercarriages now that everything is filling in. Moved the light up to its final position tonight. I can handle 8-10" more of stretch.

Sturdy

LED Goodness

That's Science

Nirvana Medusa

Kindest

Flowering Day 16 Update

Still a healthy cab. The canopy is not as even as intended and it looks like it'll be a crowded room towards the end. No yellowing, no burn, no bugs. No smells leaking, no lights leaking. Light set at it's final position.

These were fed last night - still need to change over to a morning feeding routine. Unfortunately that means changing my own "feeding routine."

Cab Shot - Pardon the sloppy back panel

Sour D Flowers

Get Stacking!

Nirvana Medusa

Thanks for watching. More Sour D and some BOG LSD vegging in the ghetto cab.

I appreciate any input on the grow, especially my question this week on how to get the canopy more even? I'm trying to emulate @blynx and @VerdantGreen - esp VG.

Kindest

Flowering Day 17 Update

Got rough with the plants this morning, pushing 50% of shoots back under the net. Had too many worries about canopy height and evenness. Glad I did as most main shoots sprung back north within hours.

A couple hours post-abuse

Best plant in the cab, Medusa #1

SD Day 17

Merry Christmas Icmag (Card conveniently covering old ghetto exhaust hole)

Be kind.

vukman

Veteran
just lovin' all the LED grows going on. Looking great there Kindest...nice...very nice....

Merry Christmas......

Kindest

Flowering Day 20

Flowering Day 20

just lovin' all the LED grows going on. Looking great there Kindest...nice...very nice....

Thanks for following, I'm eating up the LED threads right now...

Flowering Day 20 Update - Merry Christmas

Rearranged under the net and found more space... So I added a small BOG sour LSD that's been slow vegging in the ghetto cab for a few weeks. We will call Christmas flowering day one. Hope its a girl.

The Medusa is a great stout plant and is pushing for the lead vs. the sour.

Queen of the cab

Medusa Group Shot

Some Sour Diesel Day 20

You can see the limited footprint the LED has (top left corner)

Merry Christmas and be kind.