What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Trich_Tyson

mix in larger volume. As in whole Rez. I think this forum recommends shaking a jar of hot water/mutes. That never worked. I started mixing my 5 gal dosage in about 2 gal of water and was able to dissolve in a minute or less. No shaking to no avail

U may get a speck of two. But yeah. Grab a filter

Fwiw. V+b mixed better than mb

I'm still amazed at how well this method works. Even my little clones love this shit....EC is definitely on the high side (1.9 on .5 scale) but there is no burning whatsoever...amazing.

I noticed that it seems pretty high too, 7g in a gallon is almost 2.0ec or around 1000ppm.

blissfest

4.5 grams a gal. does anyone here listen? lol?

7 grams a gallon doesn't give you more weight? All it does is give you less smell and worst taste.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I just go by what the plants want. when they was little i could go lil under a teaspoon a gallon, but when they got bigger I was going 45-50 teaspoons for a 40 gallon rez. I think it depends on your enviroment to an extent.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i'm sure I didn't read all 179 pages of this...maybe I did... anyway I used this method on my last grow for at least 70% of grow. started with mostly lucas and a hodge podge of other nutes at different stages. switched to maxibloom for the remainder of flower. things turned out pretty decent.

some things of note though. I couldn't use it at 7grams a gallon that's way too hot. instead I was mixing it up by ppm. I was using 400-500ppm which comes out to like 2 level scoops/tsp per 5 gallon bucket. or like 1/2tsp per gal. this worked well most of flower, but some plants wanted more nitrogen than whats coming with the maxibloom. but when I raise the ppms I get nute burns since I drip feed no runoff 8x a day. so I had to amend the KISS a little and use 1.5 tsp maxibloom and 1tsp maxigrow per gallon. comes to the same ppm's but more nitrogen and potassium now. also plan on using 1tsp Epsom per 5gal starting every other res change next grow. my plants seem to need more magnesium too near the end when they are swelling the most.

aside from that it's easy just swirl the water in the 5gal, shake in the nutes. and then pH. they seem to dissolve all the way for me even in cold water after like 5 minutes. it takes me about that long to finish pH'ing and testing the ppm's and by that time the residue is all gone at the bottom of the bucket. I don't need hot water and all that, you just gotta wait a little bit.

GoneP

4.5 grams a gal. does anyone here listen? lol?

7 grams a gallon doesn't give you more weight? All it does is give you less smell and worst taste.

I've been experimenting with 5 grams a gal. over the last few feedings and I'm getting what looks like the beginning of nitrogen deficiency on the plants i've reduced the feedings.

7 grams is a little much it seems. I weighed out a full/ rounded off scoop (the green one that comes in the bag) and it comes out to 6.4 grams for me, so i guess I've actually been using 6.4 grams instead of 7 this entire time...hmmm.

GoneP

this worked well most of flower, but some plants wanted more nitrogen than whats coming with the maxibloom.

Yup, same here. I'm trying 5g's a gal right now and a few of my plants look like they want more nitrogen, if I stay using 6.4 grams leveled off scoop, I don't see any nitrogen deficiency.

I'm getting interested in trying V + B from Hydroponis Research..

Synthettek

Yup, same here. I'm trying 5g's a gal right now and a few of my plants look like they want more nitrogen, if I stay using 6.4 grams leveled off scoop, I don't see any nitrogen deficiency.

I'm getting interested in trying V + B from Hydroponis Research..

Can I ask what medium you are growing in? Thanks!

souljah1

Please forgive me for not reading all 240 pages of this thread but I have a question about feeding schedule using this method.
I have used a flat tsp and my ppm reading is around 900ppm and adjust the ph. And I'm growing in promix.
But my question is how often do you feed using this method?
Feed feed water
Feed water feed
Feed feed feed?

If you have an 8 week strain is it necessary to flush and during which week would you do it?

blissfest

I've been experimenting with 5 grams a gal. over the last few feedings and I'm getting what looks like the beginning of nitrogen deficiency on the plants i've reduced the feedings.

7 grams is a little much it seems. I weighed out a full/ rounded off scoop (the green one that comes in the bag) and it comes out to 6.4 grams for me, so i guess I've actually been using 6.4 grams instead of 7 this entire time...hmmm.

I use 5ml of magical per gal. on top of 250 grams of maxi per 55 gallons. Plants are unbelievable :)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Please forgive me for not reading all 240 pages of this thread but I have a question about feeding schedule using this method.
I have used a flat tsp and my ppm reading is around 900ppm and adjust the ph. And I'm growing in promix.
But my question is how often do you feed using this method?
Feed feed water
Feed water feed
Feed feed feed?

If you have an 8 week strain is it necessary to flush and during which week would you do it?

feed feed feed. i guess if you were hand watering it would be different, but i think most dtw coco, which usually includes some sort of drip system and a rez or 50 gallon drum to keep mix in.

TheScrogFrog

I run promix too, I pretty much Feed Feed Feed unless the strain cant handle it, which is rare, but does happen, then I bump down to a Feed Feed Water schedule.

Been running maxi and promix now for about 5 years. I do run water only for the last week for an 8 week strain, and add a few more days of water only for a 9 week strain. This is not necessary, just a habit I have always had. Some say flush is not necessary, and I have done that too. Always end up with a quality product either way.

souljah1

Thank you for the response to my post it's greatly appreciated. I do hand water my plants can you tell me why that makes a difference with the feeding schedule?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
when the coco starts to dry out the ppm's start to go up. if you hand water then you would wanna use plain water every 2-3 watering so you don't saturate the media with excess salts.

when you constant drip feed the coco doesn't have time to dry up much so there's less salt building up in the coco. plus when people drip feed they usually run lower ppms since it's gonna be constant feeding.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I received an email from Advanced about why their Big Bud is so great. Anybody know how it compares to + Size?

Latest posts

Latest posts