What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Does anyone care that General Hydro is now owned by Monsanto? I switched to canna to get off of the GH but I want to go back to something cheaper and easier, maybe the Jacks Hydro?

That sucks. and advanced nutes I heard was owned buy some mobster rapist. Glad I stocked up on maxi bloom before I knew this, now I wont feel bad while using the rest of my stock for the next year or 2...

beta

Veteran
Does anyone care that General Hydro is now owned by Monsanto? I switched to canna to get off of the GH but I want to go back to something cheaper and easier, maybe the Jacks Hydro?

GH isn't owned by Monsanto, they were acquired by Scott's Miracle-Gro.

GoneP

Yeah, it bothers me a bit too. Don't want to support those bastards in anyway.

I may be looking into Jack's after my current bag of Maxi runs out.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alot of people using veg&bloom 1part powder also as a switch away from GH
from what i hear.....

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
how much does the biggest container of v and b cost, i was gettting the five gallon of maxi for $200 or $4 per pound.
picture.php

aldebaran1

Are there any fellow europeans that can tell me where to get Maxibloom? Shipping the 50 lbs container from USA totals almost 250 dollars.

Is maxibloom messy and a pain in the ass to use or is it not that bad?

Its like using miracle gro blue powder, but its pink.

I've started using miracle gro 24-8-16 for first few weeks of veg now instead starting right off with maxibloom, I dunno dudes I found that there is not enough nitrogen in maxibloom in veg. The leaves on my plants last time only got lime green in veg and yellowed quick in flower or I'm doing something wrong with the maxibloom? Maybe I didn't use enough calmag.

Trich_Tyson

It's not too messy. It doesn't dissolve super easy.. just mix with a large volume of water and you'll be good. Dissolving 30g into a jar of hot water does not work.. for me and many others.

I dump 30g into a 5 gal bucket...
Then I dump 2 liters of boiling water (2 electric kettles) and swirl the bucket till dissolved.. minute or so.. then fill the bucket the rest with cold once the maxi is dissolved.

Idk about causing herms... Didn't for me.

GoneP

I'm still amazed at how well this method works. Even my little clones love this shit....EC is definitely on the high side (1.9 on .5 scale) but there is no burning whatsoever...amazing.

Trich_Tyson

EC is on the unnecessary side if you ask me.. Granted, I do start with 450 ppm... but i get over 2 EC at 7g/gal rate. Barely any evidence of burn, but I think if you (I) dial it down you'll get better (or equal, but cheaper results).

Ween the ladies off before flush too... give 'em a a week, maybe two of weaker solution. My plants were far too green + healthy after a 2 week flush. I can taste it.. i think

For simplicity though.. you can't really beat the recipe. I just now believe that it is worth purchasing a pen and using it to gauge plant happiness at varying levels of feed strength.
These are just my observations.

I won't be running MB again. Maybe charge up with KB once but V+B for this round of flower and dyna is veg.

RuralRoute420

i stopped reading at page 70, forgive me if the wanted info is posted somewhere between page 70 and 239. i read a lot about the possible sediment in bottom of rez. i do e/f here, will i need to get a filter bag to go over pump, or is it not that big of an issue? i know they recommend one for other one-part powders (ex. VEG+BLOOM.) rez's are 55g.