What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

RetroGrow

Veteran
^^^^^
Just FYI....."RO" water from machines is not really ro water. It's tap water that is filtered. Big scam. Test it and you will see it has way more PPMs than RO water. At least that is the way it has tested for me whenever I have gotten it. your tap water is O.K. Tap water is actually better than RO, as it has minerals that the plants need anyway. That is, in the case where the water is not high PPMs. Yours is O.K. Tap water works great with coco. I learned not to use RO water, but to use tap water instead. With real RO water, you will most likely need cal/mag.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
to those who use the maxibloom or kiss method, if youve run something like canna in the past, say for a 1000 watt light, how much is the difference on yield, and how much is the difference on quality?
Im all for saving a few dollars and spending 15 minutes less mixing nutes every week, but not if it effects these.
For example, if it doesnt make tip top quality like canna, that could be the difference in a 28 and a 22 dollar p. thats 600 loss. Also, if you get 2 lbs and 3 ounces with canna n get 2 lbs 1 ounce with maxi, thats 2 zips that would make it worth it to go with the canna.

Thoughts/experience?
Some of the sickest herb I've ever grown was a round I used maxibloom. I think if you run the right environment and any correctly formulated feed it will give you the best results. I've hit my all time highest thc on maxibloom. I don't think it was anything super special about it. I think a lot of grow bloom formulas could give you a similar result. Maxibloom is the shit. Best basic cannabis industry bloom formula for the money
And ease of a one part.
Check out grow more. They have nice looking cheap salt formulas you could run kiss style. One size fits all.

asher1er

Veteran
to those who use the maxibloom or kiss method, if youve run something like canna in the past, say for a 1000 watt light, how much is the difference on yield, and how much is the difference on quality?
Im all for saving a few dollars and spending 15 minutes less mixing nutes every week, but not if it effects these.
For example, if it doesnt make tip top quality like canna, that could be the difference in a 28 and a 22 dollar p. thats 600 loss. Also, if you get 2 lbs and 3 ounces with canna n get 2 lbs 1 ounce with maxi, thats 2 zips that would make it worth it to go with the canna.

Thoughts/experience?

Glad to see this thread and method still being used!

Get MO, Unless you really can't afford it I would stick to the Canna. I am not knocking this KISS method, if you guys go back you will see I ran it and ran it a lot in side by side comparisons and large rooms. It did make life A LOT easier but the quantity and quality was not 100% on par when I ran strictly Canna. I can say that honestly especially after running the same strain back to back side by side:tiphat: :joint:

webecat

I've never tried canna so I can't comment on it but I have used Technaflora and the results were not even in the same ball park. That being said, MB was a great way to get my feet wet with hydro and I'm glad I kept it simple my first few runs. :biggrin:

Trich_Tyson

Merry Christmas all! So I made the dive into Maxibloom/K.I.S.S as money is tight and I'm all for keeping things simple.

I'm using RO water, but buying 5 gallons at a time from the RO machines is getting to be a pain, I'd really like to start using my tap but I'm not sure if my city water is ok. Here is the water report from last year. Total PPM's of water (TDS) was 270, is this too high to use with maxibloom? I don't have a TDS meter at the moment but will be getting one soon. can someone with a little more knowledge on this matter chime in?

Thanks.

View Image

Not sure what any of that means.. My TDS meter reads 350 ppm at best.. I ran maxi @ 7g/gal + 1 ml calmag/gal + 1 ml silica/gal...

Total ~ 1200 ppm..

You'll be fine with your tap.

Trich_Tyson

I believe you wanna pH that.. your not doing organics so there isn't any life in there to take care of that for you... and I'm not sure how effective dolomite is at buffering (if you used it) but I feel like you don't want to rely on that when you are going soil(less).. What's your mix?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Question for soil users who use maxibloom

Do I need to ph maxibloom or will my soil buffer it
definitley ph. it. it comes out a lil low for soil out of the bucket.
i always have to add ph up even in coco.
i run my coco around 6.0 or a lil higher or lower depending which way run off is trending.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I use pro-tekt for ph up, if your gonna add somehting might as well have more than one bennefit.

GoneP

peeped some deep-fried leaf tips on several pics posted by growers using the maxibloom, anyone relay the EC of 1tsp of maxibloom per gallon?

Using the small teaspoon side of the green measuring device included with Maxibloom, full tsp (6.4grams in my case) + RO water I get a reading of 950ppm, not sure what EC that would be.

Lemon OG from Dnagenetics grown using only maxibloom & calmag in coco, I tell you what guys, I never really seen a tip burn or deficiency on this plant anywhere following the 1 tsp per gallon, overall green and healthy. I think maxibloom has everything the plant needs. Never buying another bottle of this or that again, just bags of maxibloom. lol

maxibloom.jpg

supernuck

I'm having a small issue with a few plants right now, this one is the worst and a few others are similar. I am watering at ph 5.8-6.0 with 7g of maxibloom per gal with 1g of Epsom salt. My tap water is pretty mellow, not sure of the exact ppm, but its very good city tap water that has had very low ppms for me in the past just no ppm meter at the moment. I have previously had some cal/mag issues in coco using this water, with my limited diagnostic experience I was thinking either overfeeding or cal/mag? These are 9 stardawgs from seed, with some displaying no issues at all, some with a tiny bit of tip yellowing/burn, which is the only reason I thought overfeeding. They are in 5 inch pots of botanicaire coco which was rinsed well before use. Their environment is a little warmer than I would like, about 80-85 F, humidity around 40%. I cut the maxibloom down to 75% or so, 5.25g per gallon, for the last few feedings and watered them to a hearty amount of run off to make sure the coco was flushed of anything dried up etc. This is my first go with the K.I.S.S. and other than this issue it has been great, very simple, TONS of healthy white roots, really great. Anyone have a bit of insight? Thanks guys :tiphat:

OrganicSD

I need some knowledge from the Green Brothers out there. So I use 7g of maxibloom shaken with warm tapwater in mason jar. I fill my gallon jug with three quarters of tapwater. Then add 5ml of protek the ph up. Then I add the nutrient solution to jug. Ph comes out about 6.0. The water out of tap is 400ppm. The bottom of jug has white flakes. What's happening in the water?

I have never seen white flakes after using maxibloom. Its either something in your tap water, or a chemical reaction from being warm, or something from the protek ph up. My tap water is a 156ppm.

I need some knowledge from the Green Brothers out there. So I use 7g of maxibloom shaken with warm tapwater in mason jar. I fill my gallon jug with three quarters of tapwater. Then add 5ml of protek the ph up. Then I add the nutrient solution to jug. Ph comes out about 6.0. The water out of tap is 400ppm. The bottom of jug has white flakes. What's happening in the water?

You might want to stick to just doing 2 or 3 ml of protekt max and then using some ph up if that's the case. In regard to the white flakes that's s good question it's probably your tap water. Being that your tap water is pretty high ppm I'm suprised that you are giving your plants the full 7g of maxibloom. Have you tested your EC after your mix the 7g maxibloom and 5ml protekt and 400ppm tap water?

OrganicSD

I can check the ppms. Will try half ro and half tap. First time maxibloom user. Will mix up different ratios. I'm trying the Hugo blocks for first time. The maxibloom is too cheap not to try. Been doing organics for long time. Thanks for all the responces.

Latest posts

Latest posts