What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
I too will be going kiss with v+b soil veg and flower.. I'll post my results son.

sackO

oc_grower

hydro, tahoe og, and kiss

hydro, tahoe og, and kiss

I have transitioned to the KISS method, well kinda. I have the grow and bloom both so the plants are getting grow while in veg. Once I run out of grow I will transition fully to KISS. This is Week 2 of veg. She came out of the aeroponic cloner and is now in the second week of veg. She was on Jungle Juice but she looks pretty happy now.

My plan for her is to become a monster plant grown in a 20 gal DWC system.

and from the top view...

oc_grower

I have transitioned to the KISS method, well kinda. I have the grow and bloom both so the plants are getting grow while in veg. Once I run out of grow I will transition fully to KISS. This is Week 2 of veg. She came out of the aeroponic cloner and is now in the second week of veg. She was on Jungle Juice but she looks pretty happy now.

My plan for her is to become a monster plant grown in a 20 gal DWC system.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63022&pictureid=1489376&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

and from the top view...
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63022&pictureid=1489374&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

This plant has grown 3'' roughly since the quoted pictures.

fasho thats wuts up Kygiacomo, lookin forward to hearing your results.

For anyone whos tried both maxi bloom the whole way through and maxi grow for veg then bloom for bloom, what differences have you seen?
As for using maxigrow all throughout bloom, id imagine youd have leafier plants with the excess nitrogen.

I just got done doing this. I had at least 3 other variables I changed between grows too, so it's a tough comparison to make... Scrog vs. no scrog, hand watering vs using blumats, 8 week veg time vs 12 week.

My fert schedule was (based on recommendation by sidewing):
Veg: 4.2 gm/gal maxigrow
Flower (1st 3 weeks): 6.3 gm/gal maxigrow
Flower (after that, to finish): 7 gm/gal maxibloom

Here's the results right before they were chopped:

The plants loved this fert schedule, stayed perfectly healthy for the entire grow with no signs of nute deficiency or excess. The yield was comparable. There was one other qualitative difference though. When I ran straight Maxibloom through the entire grow, the same plant had incredibly more pungent odor throughout, and produced far more resin and terpenoids when in flower. I can't measure it, but I know there was a big difference. You might try the above if your trying to do a stealth grow and need to keep down the odor as much as possible. For me, I'm going back to straight KISS method for my next grow. It seems counter-intuitive at first, but some nitrogen deficiency and yellowing leaves in older growth is not a bad thing. Research has shown that with wild cannabis strands growing in poor soil conditions (and arid/ under-watered conditions), they produced more resin than those that were growing in better soil. Source: http://www.doiserbia.nb.rs/img/doi/0534-0012/2011/0534-00121103449S.pdf

canna_cardinal

Hello all. First and foremost, this is my first post on here. Been growing for a year strong note and I've tried Fox Farm, Flora Nova, and Rock nutrients, and have yet to be blown away based on the money I'm spending. I have combed the web reading every nute-based grow journal I can find.
After reading through almost every page in this thread, I finally made an account on here, then went and got some MaxiGrow and PH up. Though I don't think I will need the PH up. I mixed up 3 gal for my dwc res and let it sit on a pump and air for awhile, came in at 6.1 . I'm more than excited to see what's in store.
Thank you guys so much for sharing your experiences in this thread. I had no idea I was paying so much for no reason. It's a relief to know that there is such an easy and cheap alternative. KISS all the way!!

oti$

You'll be fine with what you have for now, just switch over to maxibloom after week 3 of flower. I never had a problem running straight mb, until this grow where somethings were deficient/locked out in veg. I switched over to maxigrow and the veg plants(even the ones showing now issues) started looking healthier and greener. Mb will work for most strains all the way through no problems and that is keeping it simple, but after seeing maxigrow in veg I will continue using it....and it isn't making things that much more complicated. Good luck and enjoy the simplicity:D

canna_cardinal

Oh man, my bad. It was MaxiBloom. I was celebrating and got a little too far out there. I mixed up one level tsp/gal and let it sit in a bucket with a water pump overnight. Everything mixed, but I tested the water and got 6.8 PH and 484 PPM. I added roughly a third or a half of a teaspoon and let it sit while I was at work. Came home and it tested at 6.1 PH and 895 ppm. Seemed well enough to use on my day 2 liberty haze. Oh and I'm using tap water.
Next time, I might try weighing it out instead.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is anyone using the maxibloom in soil with r.o water?
and if so are u adding cal/mag every water or waiting until you see an issue starting?
i was using the k.i.s.s.method for years and years but then i had to switch to r.o water,
i thought my maxi wasnt playing well with the r.o water so ive been trying different nutes
trying to get the results i was already getting with the maxi and kool bloom...

switched nutes to try to have something tht played better with the r.o
but i think ive been wasting money,and my time on some voodoo snake oil,

...lately i been using Heavy 16 nute line...for the money im absolutely NOT impressed,
i got much better quality and quantity when i was using the maxi and kool bloom.
the heavy 16 is overpriced and overhyped imo...that shit is expensive and i had to add cal/mag to it
imo if im spending that type of money on 9,yes 9 different bottles i shouldnt have to add cal/mag
or anything else,r.o water or not.
i used it for a few runs and never had anything close to the results of the k.i.s.s. method.
not once was i blown away by the end result as far as yield and bud size/structure
quality was top shelf i do admit that...:D

...also been playing with the veg + bloom nutes for a while and they are decent but....
they def need added cal/mag in veg...maxigrow actually vegges better....
also the yield side with the V+B is much lower then what the maxobloom does for them...definite drawback

so right now im wanting to go back to the maxi but needed to know
are you guys are adding the cal/mag from the time they start to blow up in veg,
or waiting until u see an issue.....
with r.o water,and im in soil....1k veg...8k flower.

thanks for any/all input...
im sick to my stomach about getting tricked into the snakeoil after all these years...

peace-T-

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Couldnt say Y, I been on well water but its ppm is pretty low, like less than 100. I been using maxgrow in veg, then every week i'll do one with maxibloom, protekt (silica), cal mag, and drip clean. Things been cool so far, finna flip the lights this weekend.

oh shit im also doing coco, so this prolly really unhelpful to ya!

oti$

You could try mixing 1/2 ro half unfiltered. If you are using maxigrow in veg you probably won't need cal mag unless you see a deficiency...

canna_cardinal

24 days in flower, MaxiBloom DWC in Coco coir (just as an experiment). Been topping off res with PH'd tap water.

I add 1 tsp/gallon of MaxiBloom. I weighed out my leveled tsp and it comes out to 6.8 grams. After mixing, PH is ~5.7, I add 1mL PH up/gal for a testing PH of 6.0-6.1

Attachments

• IMG_20151106_125123.jpg
    IMG_20151106_125123.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 14
Tonatiuh- I know its been awhile and I was having a problem with maxibloom as well. I wasn't adding any cal-mag and I was always having a problem come week four of flower. Now I start adding a small amount 2ml/gal in veg. and I up it if needed in flower and the plants have been turning out green and beautiful everytime. Good luck

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
is anyone using the maxibloom in soil with r.o water?
and if so are u adding cal/mag every water or waiting until you see an issue starting?
i was using the k.i.s.s.method for years and years but then i had to switch to r.o water,
i thought my maxi wasnt playing well with the r.o water so ive been trying different nutes
trying to get the results i was already getting with the maxi and kool bloom...

switched nutes to try to have something tht played better with the r.o
but i think ive been wasting money,and my time on some voodoo snake oil,

...lately i been using Heavy 16 nute line...for the money im absolutely NOT impressed,
i got much better quality and quantity when i was using the maxi and kool bloom.
the heavy 16 is overpriced and overhyped imo...that shit is expensive and i had to add cal/mag to it
imo if im spending that type of money on 9,yes 9 different bottles i shouldnt have to add cal/mag
or anything else,r.o water or not.
i used it for a few runs and never had anything close to the results of the k.i.s.s. method.
not once was i blown away by the end result as far as yield and bud size/structure
quality was top shelf i do admit that...:D

...also been playing with the veg + bloom nutes for a while and they are decent but....
they def need added cal/mag in veg...maxigrow actually vegges better....
also the yield side with the V+B is much lower then what the maxobloom does for them...definite drawback

so right now im wanting to go back to the maxi but needed to know
are you guys are adding the cal/mag from the time they start to blow up in veg,
or waiting until u see an issue.....
with r.o water,and im in soil....1k veg...8k flower.

thanks for any/all input...
im sick to my stomach about getting tricked into the snakeoil after all these years...

peace-T-
ya i agree with this. veg+bloom is not good for veg. i used maxi in veg and switch to veg+bloom in flower with a little ful-power and ful humic and everthing turned out great. im a outdoor soil grower so all my calcium comes from oyster shell,gypsum,azomite and basalt rock dusts.

Latest posts

Latest posts