What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Yup, have a nice day.

lol, it just sounds like us growers are winning against the "man" having to buy only one product instead of 20 bottles. It was the case wouldn't GH have pulled this maxibloom by now or raised the price for it being "too good of a deal". Personally I think I'll give it shot though, its hard not ignore the hype in this thread. I've been using several different products. I'll just use maxibloom and calmag and put the rest of the stuff in a box and see what kind of results I get. I didn't see the results I was looking for using all the stuff I was using; if anything maybe I did more harm then good. I should stick to basics, to get a reference point so If I use those other products again, I'll be able to see if they actually do anything or are just snake oil.

That's a common issue with buying lots of nutes.^

Giving plants way more than they need.

I just did my first grow, had no idea what I was doing. Prob gonna get half a zip off my plant. :laughing: I got myself botanicare coco coir, calmag, maxibloom and koolbloom. Rolling in the next grow...:dance013:

Pics off maxibloom only plants coming soon from me.:biggrin:

Dr.RedWhite

Even at 650ppm?

Just how much N,P or K do you think is contained in that 650 PPM? Do you think creek water is without any TDS? Lake water? What about soil outdoors? This is water decreed drinkable by the state(how funny is that!) and it limits TDS to certain minerals. The minerals do force me to use a lot of PH down but things grow nicely.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
lol, it just sounds like us growers are winning against the "man" having to buy only one product instead of 20 bottles. It was the case wouldn't GH have pulled this maxibloom by now or raised the price for it being "too good of a deal". Personally I think I'll give it shot though, its hard not ignore the hype in this thread. I've been using several different products. I'll just use maxibloom and calmag and put the rest of the stuff in a box and see what kind of results I get. I didn't see the results I was looking for using all the stuff I was using; if anything maybe I did more harm then good. I should stick to basics, to get a reference point so If I use those other products again, I'll be able to see if they actually do anything or are just snake oil.

Don't use calmag with anything unless you are using RO. That shit screwed up more plants than it ever helped. Use epsom:tiphat:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
i was having some lockout\deficiancy in veg on a couple plants, new strains, that i had not seen in my past grows with mb and couldn't fix until switching over to maxigrow. i know its not kiss one part the entire grow easy, but still pretty cheap and simple to feed mg in veg and switch over to mb for flower.

I started using MG in veg about 1.5 years ago. Works better than MB and h3ads 6/9 both. I don't follow the instructions though. 1-2 tsp/gal is crazy. I give them about 1/2tsp/gal and stay under 1.2ec. As soon as they get about 2' tall I stick a blumat in the coco and feed them 1.2ec of h3ads 6/9 till they are done. Just because MB works for most people doesn't mean it is better than MG in veg.

sidewing

I'll be using maxigrow only from veg to harvest on next round in dwc. I'm logging on a different site, but I'll be sure to drop a pic every now and then to show that maxigrow works fantastic in flower. I've always felt it's the more complete nutrient vs bloom.. Time will tell. I'll be rocking 1.0ec all through

oti$

I've been @ ~3 scoops/5gal bucket and they've been looking super lush and healthy. I haven't had to feed anything over 1.2 either...it's pretty much the majic number for me health yield and quality wise with any nute I've tried. Some of the best advice I was given was low ec feeds start to finish.

sidewing

I'd probably run ec a little higher under high intensity light.. I've down graded to about 450watts of t5 for flower from a 1k hps, so less light typically calls for less ec.. So running in a 5 gal bucket, I can only use 4 gal water. 2 scoops puts my at basically 1ec.. I've seen with maxigrow 1.2ec is good, maxibloom needs 1.6... But I'm gonna try to squeeze by with a little less ec, should be fine. Plant uptake better with less (within reason)

sidewing

My personal opinion is not to use salts in soil.. then you get build up problems. I see salts such as maxi as a hydro/hydro like nutrient.. like coco (which I think still builds up slightly).. or strictly hydro.. that's just my opinion though, I'm sure it'll work well enough in soil, just make sure you aren't overdoing it.

A typical rule of thumb is whatever the label says (1tsp per gallon) is hydro directions, meant for a 1 week reservoir.. in soil you want to divide that 1tsp up over the course of a week, or just dose 1 time a week at full strength. giving 1tsp 4 times a week in soil is overkill.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I know this is a long thread, but plenty of people were using soil fine all throughout it. You aint gotta read the whole thing but breeze through it n you'll get your answers.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
wut is veg + bloom dirty? 1 teaspoon of maxi in my well water sets my ph at 5.9, perfect for me coco.

just now seen this GetMo here is the nutrient that has fulvic,silica,aminos and other things added in it. the kiss thread on V+B is here in this section as well if u want to have a look at it. its my first time running this nute so idk what the end product will be but all the pics ive seen from them is super dank nugs
http://www.hydroponic-research.com/

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
fasho thats wuts up Kygiacomo, lookin forward to hearing your results.

For anyone whos tried both maxi bloom the whole way through and maxi grow for veg then bloom for bloom, what differences have you seen?
As for using maxigrow all throughout bloom, id imagine youd have leafier plants with the excess nitrogen.

sidewing

We shall see, i do not believe that will be the case however. there is not excess nitrogen, but simply enough.. maxibloom is too low in nitrogen and too high in P for a hydro setup. P in hydro is 100% available and therefore not much is needed.. in soil most P sources are needing a long duration to be broken down into a usable form, and only less than half of it become usable, hence the need for higher P.. but most people don't distinguish the difference and the line has crossed over to high P always in flower.. plus you're changing the res with a fresh mix once a week anyway, so there's really no time to use up everything in the mix. higher P may only be needed if you're trying to stretch your res longer without a fresh mix

anyway, when I ran maxibloom in veg I had yellowing in veg.. when I ran maxigrow in veg my plants were healthy as can be

When I ran maxigrow in veg and switched to maxibloom on day 1 of 12/12 on.. i had yellowing in flower during the stretch, which affected the plant at a very crucial time in it's life and it stunted the whole flowering cycle.. the plant never really fully recovered..

when i ran maxigrow in veg and maxigrow for the first 2-3 weeks of flower, plants stayed green all through.. i then switched to maxibloom for the remainder of flower and everything went fine.

keep in mind different setups may have different results, im in DWC with RO water.

but contrary to popular forum belief, higher levels of nitrogen in flower actually make the plant stretch less, not more.. low N high P cause more stretching in side by side experiments, and the leaves are what generate the energy to make bud.. having more leaves is not a bad thing, that means you'll end result will be more bud.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
fasho, im not familiar with staight up hydro too much, coco being the closest ive come. I know in my outdoor organic gardens too much nitrogen creates leafier hard to trim plants that are less visually appealing and fluffier. Very true tho that all setups are different, it can also be very strain dependent as well.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
fasho thats wuts up Kygiacomo, lookin forward to hearing your results.

For anyone whos tried both maxi bloom the whole way through and maxi grow for veg then bloom for bloom, what differences have you seen?
As for using maxigrow all throughout bloom, id imagine youd have leafier plants with the excess nitrogen.

lol funny enough im also doing this experiment as well Getmo :laughing: i been using maxi gro for veg and then for the first 2 weeks i mixed 50/50 grow/bloom with 1ml of floralicous plus and just last week gave them the first dose of bloom by its self and i have seen nothing but good green healthy growth

I switched from Ebb and Flow to DWC and couldn't be happier with MB and add liquid Koolbloom and tap water. I only use a 150w HPS so I have to maximize my yield. Just 1 scoop of MB, a cap full of Liquid KB. My EC meter has never been used and it hasn't been a problem. For veg, I use half a scoop of MG with tap and top feed. And just as a side note, my MB has become chunky from moister so I cut in half one of the plastic sleeves that is meant to hold your lottery tickets. Scoop my MB into it and roll it with my mixing jar, then put it in and it mixes a lot better. MG seems to mix good by itself FWIW.

Wow man that grew only from a 150w hps? Amazing really.:tiphat:

sidewing

looking good on the 150w grow.. I had previously ran a 1k hps in flower for several years.. trying to cut back on energy usage and venting all the heat, i removed the 1k and my outtake fans and replaced it with a 4 foot 8 bulb t5 fixture (about 432watts) that I'll be flowering with..

my current bulb setup is two 6500k bulbs, two powerveg UV bulbs (basically a full spectrum bulb with UV output also, made by hortilux), and four 3000k bulbs.. the plan down the road is to replace with some t5 bulbs made for coral tanks that have full spectrum and also output uv, they are about 30 bucks a piece so i need to save up some cash first.

I'll be running two 5 gal buckets with four 2" net pots in each bucket and vegging for 2-3 weeks (just enough to fill half the screen. i have my screen set up to the same dimensions as the light fixture, and I'm gonna scrog them to utilize every bit of light from the t5. if I fill half the screen then flip to 12/12 during the stretch i expect it to fill the remainder of the screen.

once i get some more cash, I'm considering adding two more 4 bulb 4 foot fixtures at a 45ish degree angle on each side of the 8 bulb fixture.. creating sort of like a tanning bed above the plants (creating 864 watts total)

the coral t5 bulbs penetrate up to 3 feet, so keeping the light no more than a foot above the screen will be perfect.

seeing how things go I may add two fixtures (2 foot 2 bulb) on each side of the lights to fill the gap.. or just cover the gap with mylar.. if i do add the two 2 foot fixtures in the gap, that'll total 972watts..

using t5's gives the ability to have a much fuller spectrum by mixing up your bulbs and utilize 100% of the light output across the canopy.

but anyway, for now the first round will be under the single 8 bulb t5 fixture for flower.. should be another week before the clones are rooted and moved into their new home.

Latest posts

Latest posts