What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
So i tried the new hydroponic research veg+bloom the $28lb lasted me a month. Worked just fine for me . I can say it dissolved right away but the next day when i checked on my blumat rez there were white flakes all over the bottom. It didnt effect my plants though they looked great.

Wasnt impressed enough to buy again so i bought my maxi and couldn't be happier. 8.50 a lb is a ok.

señorsloth

Veteran
well i just tested, mixed a scoop of maxi with COLD water this time in the jar, i know you said not to use the jar, but it allows me to see how much residual ferts are left behind better than with my one gallon watering jugs...

anyways it seems about the same amount as before, i think you are right that heating the water doesn't help it dissolve much, but since this stuff looks exactly like the leftovers in the hot water i have to assume the leftovers in the hot water are just leftovers, and not some chemical reaction caused by the hot water. somebody mentioned their maxi water is pink?! is everybodys, cause minds kinda a yellowish color usually. maybe it's the salinity level? or perhaps that the water i mix in is ph 8 tap? i mix in a pretty big jar but my problem is if i mix directly into my one gallon jugs i cant see if there is any left over, so i wont be able to tell if i am solving a problem or not...i think i am gonna spend the day trying a few more experiments, but if i can't get this stuff mixing better i think i am going to the liquid GH form of lucas from now on.

Shafto

so you are saying this way we have ALL been using for so long is wrong? and i would actually be better off mixing it directly into the gallon of cold water?

Well it obviously does work, maybe a healthy microbial population can help break some of the precipitates back down into useful nutrients for plants, I don't know.

I think you're much better off to add into you're whole res so you don't over-concentrate the solution and create precipitates.

Try mixing into a bucket or tote, something you can see the bottom of. If you mix it up well and it's not over-concentrated you won't have any left over crap on the bottom. It will all dissolve.

señorsloth

Veteran
lol i would try that but i don't have a reservoir, i mix one gallon at a time in a jar then add it to a gallon jug that's attached to my watering wand, there isn't really any chance of me overdoing it, since i am only using one scoop at a time, i don't like try and mix up 6 gallons at once, just one gallon every day or two.

but the fact remains that even with lukewarm or cold water i'm getting the same amount of leftovers at the bottom, my koolbloom dissolves super easy, i don't get why maxi has to be such a pain.

dosia559

Finished reading all 149 pages...gotta try this i got a 8x4 tent cap air4 600w digi 440cfm inline with filter thinking of a sog of og what do you think of og in sog? 1gal? 2gal? 2 or 4 per sqft? or shoud i go with another strain not sure about coco without flood table lol...oh yea first post hahaha thanks in advance

Well since I started using the stuff I've been doing the jar trick. I also am using hempy buckets though. I am running feed water feed water on a every other day basis. So in 8 days they have been feed 2x and water 2x. Does this sound like too much or not enough for hempys??

So I can't just mix mine in my rez. I have been using hot tap out the tap and the jar and i get a little left behind after ten minutes of shaking . And it's always pink. My water is 5.8-6.0 to start . So would you guys recommend putting the maxi right into the gallon of cold water or still using the jar?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

S

sweetestsin420

with this nutrient,is there alot of ph drifting,like if it sits in a bucket?and can you still use a bloom booster,which one?

M

Mtn Dew

Mosca C99 BX - GF Pheno

This grow was very neglected. PH was set to 5.5 in DWC and left for 7 days at a time with no counter adjustment or no attention when it raised up. Just 7 grams of Maxibloom per gallon . Nothing else but molasses @ 1 Table spoon per 15 gallons weeks 1-8

Attachments

• DCS001.png
    DCS001.png
    600.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DCS003.jpg
    DCS003.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DCS004.jpg
    DCS004.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 10

dalilguy

Well since I started using the stuff I've been doing the jar trick. I also am using hempy buckets though. I am running feed water feed water on a every other day basis. So in 8 days they have been feed 2x and water 2x. Does this sound like too much or not enough for hempys??

So I can't just mix mine in my rez. I have been using hot tap out the tap and the jar and i get a little left behind after ten minutes of shaking . And it's always pink. My water is 5.8-6.0 to start . So would you guys recommend putting the maxi right into the gallon of cold water or still using the jar?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

A long time ago I tried Maxy on some mothers. I started shaking the maxi in a jar till I busted one. And I noticed it will never get clear I'm sure that's cause i had to much maxi to water in the jar. Im back to giving it another go round this time all through flower an since I mix up 2 100gal Rez at a time I just switched to
Putting the maxi straight in the Rez. Been doing fine for me this way :tiphat:

Ganja Maker

For the question about the color. I'm on my fourth or fifth bag of maxi now and my last two bags were pink, but two out of the five were light orangeish. I was thinking maybe the orange ones might have bin old stock or something,and maybe they just changed a dye. They all seemed to work equally GREAT. I mix mine up in one gallon tea containers. It doesn't seem to matter if there's a few specs floating around in the bottom when I use it. As for the boosters I use the powdered koolbloom once around day 15 and then some at the end before I start flushing. Thumbs up for maxi from me.

fukndenny

heres the 400w day 62 KISS.

have used the same 2.2lb bag of maxi since december 2010.

picture.php

hoping to hit the 1g/watt mark this time but who knows.

G

Guest 18340

I too get slight variations in color from bag to bag of Maxibloom.
fukndenny, nice trees ya got their.

birdman4twenty

So I haven't seen much discussion of using additives that serve a specific function in this thread. For instance, Roots Excelerator, Snow Storm Ultra or Sea Green. I like the KISS method, especially using Potassium Silicate to raise the pH, but I feel that there are some additives that are of particular use even if you are using KISS.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^
re : birdman420

additives = less simple
this thread = methods for making it more simple

thats why
u tell us ur exp. there is a particular thread all about sea green im following right now, ur input there would b appreciated!!! sup w snow storm, ive heard good things, but dont trust that company cuz gravity was pure PGRs, (paclo?)
RE works well, but its hella expensive, right? that makes it less "simple" to me.

btw my maxi is always pink, but if they left the dyes out entirely it wouldnt bother me at all

regrat

Hey, I'm a relatively new MaxiBloom user and i wanna share my experience with it.

I'm growing in soil, 400W HPS on a 1,2x1,2m area.

The only thing I dont get is the dosage. I use EC meter to mesasure the it.
First round I used MB, I fried my plants a bit with 1.0 EC + 0.7 EC two waterings later.

This is my second round with MB and i fed 0.5 EC and 0.7 EC (in one watering) depending on how hungry the plants looked. Still, I had some tip burns, nothing major, on 3 plants.

Now, reading how much people feed their plants, it seems odd to me that for me, feeding only once in flowering, way under the recommended dosage, seems to be enough.

After 2 years of growing, I finally figured out how should I feed my plants. However, I really dont get how people are feeding every other watering with the recommended dosages from the manufacturer.

I have 13 plants going towards finish now and they're looking pretty happy with one 0.5/0.7 EC feed midflower.

Im wondering if anyone can explain to me, how can that be enough for my plants, when everyone else is feeding so much more.
Could it be that because they're not too big plants? Or because the soil I'm using is very good? Or the combination of both?

I'm really trying to understand better. For 2 years I failed hard because I read everywhere that you should feed every other watering and use half of the recommended dosage which was still way to much.

Well anyway, finally I got it right and I'm pretty happy about that, seeing my beautiful buds and all. :D

If anyone cares to shed some light on this subject, I'd appreciate it cause I'm really struggling to understand it.

regrat

Oh and btw, why is this in K.I.S.S section -> I think MB is a great product, I never figured out HESI in 2 years, but i figured MB in 2 runs.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Are you using a soil that is already amended with nutes? I use B'cuzz coco and it comes with a mild precharge and I use MB at full strength from seed to flush and my EC is 1.4 to 1.5. I get some very slight tip burn on some strains but most eat it right up.

Latest posts

Latest posts