What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Z

Ziggaro

Man I love my maxi if I used as much as some of you my plants would fry to a crisp.
I got some burn from 5g so I've been on just calmag the last week (ro)
These aren't small plants either they're 4 ft with multiple tops going into week three of flower
A half teaspoon per gallon every water should be plenty for soil/soilless. I do add cal mag though

dalilguy

so i have these kids that are looking a lil pale.. havent had this issue running canna in the past years..

IMG_2212.JPG

the specs are actually purple in color..

IMG_2214.JPG

top part of stem is bright green center of stem has the purple going on..

IMG_2215.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

IMG_2217.JPG

to be continued..

dalilguy

IMG_2218.JPG

this lil girl is a few rows back from the one in the first sets.. slightly further from the light and she is carrying a much greener look. not so lush but still not as pale as first which is right under the light.

IMG_2219.JPG

she looks much better but still has the purp coming up on the stem..

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2221.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG

both are like 25 days in

7g a gal gives me a ec of 2.2 on .4 tap.

maxi
drip clean
ph 5.8
coco dtw.

any input?

Drift13

My first bag of MaxiBloom arrived today. I'll use it starting @ next feeding. Hoping I have as good of luck as some of y'all.

gh0st9

Veteran
Has anyone tried maxibloom in guerilla plots? I've seen the oudoors in pots. But what about just inground plots?

How much should I water? I've never done liquid feed in guerilla, and bought the MB for my old-taken-down indoor, and don't wanna go get new nutes/and this is cheap+easy

dalilguy

How are you guys storing your maxibloom? I have the 16lb containers and keeping it in there is not cutting it.

I know.. A dry cool place.. But that dry cool place even gets humid from time to time. So if one was down in the swamps how would u store it? Vacuumed sealed bags?

G

Guest 18340

It's hot/humid where I live so i put my 2lb bag of Maxi inside a good quality zip lock bag.

gh0st9

Veteran
Dalilguy.
I live in the south where its humid all year at least 65-75 even during our dry winters.
I have no problem keeping my little bag version just closed up and in the attic, I find that it tends to stay dryer than in the house?
Maybe add some uncooked old rice to it. Works with salt.
I would +1 though for vaccum seal though if you don't think this will work and are really worried about it.

I personally would just break that bitch up with a screwdriver and scoop it out as need be.

+1 for what evlme2 said. I think he lives in the same area as us

dalilguy

Thanks evil, an ghost. I'll vacuum seal the shit. As far as breaking it up with a screw driver an using it.. I see a major difference when I mix from a new batch an a old batch. The newer one still has the color to it but when I dump the older shit that caught some humidity the color is almost non existent.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Large bags I would definitely break down into smaller, air-tight, packages.

Make them small enough that by the time you finish... it hasn't started clumping yet. Then open a new one. :)
Ziplocks won't work well for this. Vacuum bags would be best.

Mason jars will also work. (not exactly cheap though.) :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Drift13

Just use it in Hempy buckets with coco, and you will have simplicity with huge yields. Foolproof.
I'm growing in potting soil & perlite. Should I still look @ Hempy buckets? This is my first clone. All my other grows have been from seed. I'm open to any and all suggestions. :tiphat: :thank you:
OK I just did a search and found.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98419&highlight=Hempy+buckets Full of all kinds of interesting stuff. May try that next go around. But for the time being I plan on feeding every other watering. Sound right? Thanks again.

Last edited:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I am trying out coco with a layer of hydroton in the bottom in hempy buckets right now but I just started so no report yet but I will give feedback once they are done.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I am trying out coco with a layer of hydroton in the bottom in hempy buckets right now but I just started so no report yet but I will give feedback once they are done.

I tried that too when I first started running coco (which I don't any longer) and found I had better results (healthier root balls) with coco right to the bottom of the pots. Good luck.. I'm sure you'll do well, you always do..

mgk :tiphat:

señorsloth

Veteran
Large bags I would definitely break down into smaller, air-tight, packages.

Make them small enough that by the time you finish... it hasn't started clumping yet. Then open a new one.
Ziplocks won't work well for this. Vacuum bags would be best.
i have just been storing mine in old plastic jars, the kind that walmart sells activated carbon in, i tried to make my own carbon filters before i went to my can33 so i saved a ton of the jars and they work fine, any cheep plastic jar or even a glass pickle jar works fine...mine stayed dry for over a year, of course i left it open just the other night and came back the next morning and my scoop was concreted into the one solid block of maxi, i just broke it up with a screwdriver and tossed a desiccant packet in, now it's fine...

so thats my storage tip, get a cheep jar, plastic or otherwise, toss a desiccant packet in, and then pour it in there, scoop on top lol no problems ever...lasts years even when it's so humid you can't hang dry weed...

dalilguy

thanks guys!

this should do it.
IMG_2251.JPG

h-s, i have some empty mason jar's i'll keep some in the jars to so i won't have to keep cutting the sealed bag:tiphat:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
thanks guys!

this should do it.
View Image

h-s, i have some empty mason jar's i'll keep some in the jars to so i won't have to keep cutting the sealed bag:tiphat:

You should find jars that have plastic lids.. the salt base will cause a regular ring jar lid to corrode.. not sure if that will have any ill effects on the nutes or not, but it makes the jar hard to open after a while.

mgk :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts