What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Infamous Irene Kush...straight outta' the Dirty South!!!

810FireFarm

Question for the Dropped Cat:

If a plant that has been 100% female in prior runs has only a few lowers with single male flowers from environmental stress (root-bound/heat/light leak/over fertilization) would those 5 or 6 seeds also be feminized? That would also be a hormonal reaction and not genetic correct?
and if so...
If a chemically induced female seed is less prone to 'herm' than an environmental stress induced seed, why would that be if they are both hormonal responses and not genetic mutations.?

any insight would be appreciated.....i do not breed anything, just curious

bestothebest

810FF Environmental stress causes the plants hormones tell the genes to make it produce male flowers in a last ditch effort to get pollinated. I believe it is that the plants genes will expect similar conditions later, and that increases the chances of a hermie. Chemically induced is where you bypass the hormones, and since the plant has not recorded the environmental stress, it will not have seeds that have a higher rate of hermies. I cannot say that is the real solution, but chemical induction of male flowers will not increase the rate of hermies when applied properly

Cannavore

Veteran
Irene Kush x '88 G13/HP in early flower from Bodhi from seed

yNIbYtM.jpg

KITCHA

Veteran
Thugnificient the rudeboi is amazing, ran a pack and bought 3 more straight after, Cheers

810FireFarm

BoB - i guess that makes sense, i recently read an article about plant 'memory' , and how plants will 'learn' repeated stresses...the article was using an example of a flower that when brushed or disrupted in any way, the flower petals would close up, but eventually reopen.....after repeated stresses were done on a schedule and the plant learned there was no bad outcome and only temporary, it stopped closing the petals the further into the cycle it continued even with the daily 'stress' being performed,

the plant learned that the stress it was expierencing was temporary, minor and non life threatening

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Acclimation is a factor in flowering the same plant over and over again,
taking cuttings from the mum plant in hot weather versus cuttings taken
in winter gives me a slight variation in terps and structure.

I grow in a non climate controlled area and have noticed the shift.

You can flower those selfed herm beans, but in my limited trials
downstream, the chemically forced female is preferred over one
that goes herm with environmental stress.

oops, off topic, my bad.

Carry on!

renne

Nspecta from Humboldt CSI released a bunch of Irene crosses on his site and Breeders direct site, also more info on the Irene crosses on Humboldt CSI insta account

Desert Dan

Veteran
My SCMK had some weird double/triple bud thing going on at the internodes as well… Not on the petioles though.

I will keep this in mind when I run her! Seems like there are several iterations of Irene though. I just want to try that diesel pine flavor for myself.

-DD :tiphat:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Irene doesn’t remind me of OG… It’s gotta be a sour bubba or sour master cross of some sort. It has a great nose, kind of a juniper berry body odor thing going on.

However, It is the only cut I’ve ever ran that I got bad vibes from… I swear it’s got dark energy attached to it. Therefore it had to go.

-DD :2cents:

sleazyB

Irene doesn’t remind me of OG… It’s gotta be a sour bubba or sour master cross of some sort. It has a great nose, kind of a juniper berry body odor thing going on.

However, It is the only cut I’ve ever ran that I got bad vibes from… I swear it’s got dark energy attached to it. Therefore it had to go.

Yeah the flavor is a little more complex than your normal og . The potency on my S1s is pretty impressive . So good I'm going to attempt a few crosses with them.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran

Irene was found in bagseed of a plant the went around under the name the kush … or as certain circles today call it resins kush since resin lung grew tons of it back in the day… it’s a super pine og bubba type plant leans more towards the og side from my knowledge it appeared about the same time as the others ….

JetLife175

Veteran
Irene was found in bagseed of a plant the went around under the name the kush … or as certain circles today call it resins kush since resin lung grew tons of it back in the day… it’s a super pine og bubba type plant leans more towards the og side from my knowledge it appeared about the same time as the others ….

Fuckin finally someone says it. I been trying to tell people that Irene came out of resinlungs packs and the cut that resin had wasn't the same as the Josh.

You always be coming through confirming shit I find out in the pipeline consistently.

Latest posts

Latest posts