What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Infamous Irene Kush...straight outta' the Dirty South!!!

RulaTone

Veteran
User Older_Gentleman did a nice grow with her, maybe he can share some pics..
We have compared i think the first Irene crosses available to the market (rudeboi OG and Alien Irene from Franchise)
and Archive seeds wins hands down...
specially if your after a Irene pheno.
In Alien Irene i did not find any Irene to speak of, aliendawg dominates everything...

aligee

Veteran
User Older_Gentleman did a nice grow with her, maybe he can share some pics..
We have compared i think the first Irene crosses available to the market (rudeboi OG and Alien Irene from Franchise)
and Archive seeds wins hands down...
specially if your after a Irene pheno.
In Alien Irene i did not find any Irene to speak of, aliendawg dominates everything...

Franchise also made irene killer (irene x stardawg ix)

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Heres IRENE cut at flip on day1
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Rula...That franchise irenexaliendog, I been calling it "ATLien", was not very impressive at all...none of the phenos I ran were even remotely close to Irene or chemdog or alien tech which I believe it supposed to be a pure landrace afghani...I don't know if I got swapped out seeds or what, but in the end, the finished flowers seemed more like a boring, average dutch seedbank variety...I preferred the Rudeboi much more...definitely could see the Irene traits in the few I ran...I didn't keep any of the phenos, but I would recommend the strain and I still have some left that I intend to run cause I know there is fire in them beans...I'm currently mothering a pheno of Irene x Purple Urkel that I have yet to flower but has a loud sweet and sour pine type stank to her...and I have Irene x Paki Chitral Kush F1's soaking right now as I speak, as well as some Black Triangle (TK x 88g13hp)...I got both right directly from nspecta and bohdi laced me a while back from his personal stash, so I know they are legit and I'm super excited to see what they bring...thinking of making a round of f2s with all the irenexpck phenos so I can keep this variety around for years and be able to look through them and find that super dank Irene dominant girl that's louder than a fog horn...once I find her, ill start working through some sour varieties to find a good phenos to cross to my keeper, and select and go from there...looking to re create a version of that super dank sourkush diesel with stank louder than the 12 man in Seattle and a flavor that coats your throat with a rich kushy Irene/diesel pleasing candy taste that lingers forever...

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Grabbed some of Cannarados Irene gear as well. Looks interesting.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Explain what an S1 is?

S1: The first selfed generation.

An S1 seed is made by self pollinating a female to create seeds.

Colloidal silver or silver thiosulfate is dosed on the female to
reverse sex of the selected female plant to male, and pollinate a
female cutting of the same donor plant.

The dosed female produces male flowers, which is a hormone
change to the plant.

There is no altering of the genetic code in the plants involved.

Selfed plants genetics are shuffled in the process, an S1
is not an exact copy of the donor plant, unlike a cutting,
which caries a duplicate set of genes of the donor.

Good question

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
So you can virtually create a male plant? But take a cut before you turn it into a male, then breed them?

Correct.

Think of an S1 as a variation on a narrow band
of what the genes have to offer.

A word of caution that a dosed plant should not
be smoked as colloidal silver and silver thiosulfate
are not meant to be smoked, natch