What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Impeachment Of Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahhh….The New York Times?

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Swinden expressed his opinion behind closed doors. There's no telling if the context was satire, sarcasm, young in cheek, or as he says not being foolish enough to express his own opinion.

Many have had that job at the NYT since 1953.

F

Frylock

True for some news outlets for sure but now there is all types of independent news, it's impossible to contain everything.

igrowone

Veteran
there was a question about why Barr would mention obstruction of justice in his summary
after all that's not a good thing, made him sound impartial
but if the news about the report contents is true then it's clearer
not impartial, it was the most he could get away with from such a damaging report
he'll still be able to claim he didn't lie
old washington veteran, he knows how to cover his ass

White Beard

“...left-wing mainstream media....”

An internal contradiction, an oxymoron.
The personal politics of reporters and talking heads have *nothing* to do with what’s reported or how it’s covered: these huge corps are big-money all the way, and in the same tank as other major money vacuums.... Carry on!

Absolem

Hello Gypsy

Just a few thoughts on that quote and who it is attributed too.

They spelled his name wrong.

His name is John Swinton not John Swinden.

He was born in 1829 and died in 1901.
He was head of the editorial staff not the entire paper.
The quote attributed to him was given in 1880 not 1953.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
yer on ...

yer on ...

I'll bet anyone a joint of something real good that Donald Trump wins the re-election by double digits. As they say, put up or... :)

I'll take you up on that bet Tudo 'cause I'm pretty sure (hopeful) I'll win!:tiphat:

Why, you may ask?

..... 'cause the Dems have a secret weapon

.......... and his name is BETO!!! :moon:

See, Beto is smart, he's not just courting the Dems but also the Rep's, especially alla the disafected voters in the middle.

Check him out Tudo, you may like him, he's in IOWA right now!:D

Now, whatcha got that I'm gonna want to smoke?:joint:

White Beard

Swinden expressed his opinion behind closed doors. There's no telling if the context was satire, sarcasm, young in cheek, or as he says not being foolish enough to express his own opinion.

Many have had that job at the NYT since 1953.

Personally, I would like to see PROOF that he said it, and I would like to see that proof IN CONTEXT.
After all, it’s like Abe Lincoln said: don’t believe it just ‘cause you saw it on the internet....

:tiphat: Absolem - “terrorist fist jab” to ya!!! :dance013:

'Boogieman'

Trump had to give the mega rich a trillion dollar tax cut. No surprise, his cabinet is worth $4 billion with DeVos (Amway) and Wilbur Ross (Bank of Cyprus - Russian dark money) and they enjoyed the tax break very much.

Now, Guess who pays for that? You do with your shrunken tax refund.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2019-t...-dVWvtRhvay3IoW1K8vyDGCqpLw8lKuo3t7uncxPC182k

When is the last time you got a paycheck? I averaged 1700 every two weeks for years. This last year I was getting about 1800 every two weeks. That is an extra 5200 in my pocket a year thanks to a tax break which is about what I get from my tax return anyways. Im still getting a decent tax return but paying less into taxes I would expect a smaller return so im not complaining.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
When is the last time you got a paycheck? I averaged 1700 every two weeks for years. This last year I was getting about 1800 every two weeks. That is an extra 5200 in my pocket a year thanks to a tax break which is about what I get from my tax return anyways. Im still getting a decent tax return but paying less into taxes I would expect a smaller return so im not complaining.

Here's his cabinet.

They're all doing much better that $900 / week.

They did a little better than you. Read both articles referenced.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasew...each-top-trump-advisor-is-worth/#1ae288845dfc

Cannavore

Veteran
It's interesting to me that so many people are supporting Trump's hate of the media.

He adores Faux News.

It's just objectively true no matter which corporate outlet you choose. The US media functions as an extension of the state pretty much.

Operation mockingbird never ended.

Cannavore

Veteran
The elite threw you some temporary bread crumbs while they made their own handout permanent. Taxes will go back up for anyone making $75k or less (which is most of the country) in 2026 when the sunset provision runs out so they can pay off the richest people in the US's tax break derived deficit.

Medicare for all would save the average taxpayer more than trumps phony tax breaks.

Cannavore

Veteran
RT will tell you things that can not be seen elsewhere, but don't kid yourself, they have as bigger axe to grind as Fox or any of them.

Larry King is a sell out. The details of him leaving CNN would be interesting. Maybe he had too many ex wives to cover (8).

And they're still better than US media.

US cheerleads us into every war, and gatekeeps for the establishment.

RT is full of anti war and anti establishment voices.

Yuge difference.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
And they're still better than US media.

US cheerleads us into every war, and gatekeeps for the establishment.

RT is full of anti war and anti establishment voices.

Yuge difference.

There are allot of aspects to it.

I watched because they showed allot that they don't want you to see here. Many of our dirty tricks in foreign lands included.

Don't kid yourself, they lay it on pretty good too.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Big rally in our town today to celebrate all the jobs that President Trump has brought to our town with his "Put America Back To Work" program. We were a ghost town a few years ago. Now, we are a bustling metropolis. Thank you Mr. President for saving my town. Everyone here thanks you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts