What's new

The Illest Rap Thread Ever

C

CTSV

And I agree that Hitler is whack and so is comparing someone to him.
If you people would read my post, I did not compare anyone to Hitler. I said "Hitler probably wouldn't like rap either"

There is no comparison there...That is called drawing a parallel.

Stating that Hitler "probably would not like rap" shows another figure in history who probably feels the same way Enter Sandman does. The point was, to show how dangerous a stereotype can be...

It's called reading comprehension.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Aha ready to hear an old man do a little rap FREE STYLE!

Im spitting it dry into the mike
I aint no little tike
12x5 is close to my age
I dont make minimum wage
This act is not staged
I rhyme from the heart as fast a dart
I know I am old fart, but still smart
So spark the joint,light the weed
Doesnt matter here we all smoke so take one more toke
Dont choke.

:laughing: That was my take on rapping.

"Herb Glaze spends days in a daze high off the haze
In a 12 X 5 growroom that's close to his age.
He's wise in his years or so it seems...
For all we know there's a five year old behind that screen.
Seems that's the case as of late.
People wanna talk shit, but them people are FAKE.
They would FOLD under pressure being questioned by jakes.
And I spend my whole life keeping my distance from them.
They spend all their time telling you you they friend.
But let the POlice come through and yo ass in the pen for at LEAST ten.
Cause you need to be staunch in the eyes of the law.
When the D's got you in that room on the 2nd floor.
I rather know people that have BEEN THERE BEFORE!
And know the police are the DA's whore!
Not read it online or in a book at a store."

Off the dome. I like this. Let us continue. HerbGlaze thank you for kickin it with us!

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Herb got flow like enzyte got grow
Arts style is tight, got a mean flow
My cracker ass spits rhymes for fun
hits bongs, packs bowls and rolls joints for some
Try my turn at a lil free style
my sour OG smells for miles and miles
what made my honky ass think I could rap?
Yeah my flows wack
Im white, old and need a nap......

LMAO....good vibes yall. Get at THAT honky ass shit..

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
If you people would read my post, I did not compare anyone to Hitler. I said "Hitler probably wouldn't like rap either"

There is no comparison there...That is called drawing a parallel.

Stating that Hitler "probably would not like rap" shows another figure in history who probably feels the same way Enter Sandman does. The point was, to show how dangerous a stereotype can be...

It's called reading comprehension.

It's also called drawing a reference to make a point....I get it. The inference that came from your post was that the gentleman who made the comment, in some way had something in common with Hitler, or was a racist because of his remarks.You're using the same stereotyping that you want to rail against.

Let's not dance around semantics here.

Peace,

iGro

p.s. Don't assume that the folks who post on this board don't have a firm grasp of reading comprehension, that would be another stereotype we don't need in our community. :wink:

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's also called drawing a reference to make a point....I get it. The inference that came from your post was that the gentleman who made the comment, in some way had something in common with Hitler, or was a racist because of his remarks.You're using the same stereotyping that you want to rail against.

Let's not dance around semantics here.
won't make any friends by saying this...but rap sucks. The majority of it is made by people who would (at least before becoming rich) enter your home, kill you, rape any females present and steal your grow. Rap is one of those first signs of 'our' decaying culture. Me and my friends actually go out (after getting high) and go wigger watching. We will find some and cannot control the laughter that ensues after observing them for a few minutes. It's so funny. Ok...now smoke some good humor invoking sativa and enter www.wiggaz.com into your browser and enjoy!

IGRO, LOL...you have GOT to be kidding me!!!

You are doing the same shit. The man(CTSV) explained his self and you still are going off, and "dancing around semantics" yourself. Get over it... HEED YOUR OWN WORDS. There aint no semantic dancing. CTSV was responding to what was written. Not any underlying messages, but exactly what the fuck is there in black and white.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Yet you are doing the same shit. The man explained his self and you still are going off, and "dancing around semantics" yourself. Get over it... HEED YOUR OWN WORDS
People gotta take shit so damn serious all the time.

Not quite sure I understand your reference, but ok.....How was I not heeding my own words or "going off" ? :chin:

I just came into this thread thinking I might learn something on a subject I know very little about....Rap music.

You make reference to folks not understanding what you wrote i.e. reading comprehension, ergo uneducated on a MJ community board, lol, no stereotyping there.Did I misunderstand ?

Anyway, let the music play.

Peace,

iGro

JoJoDancer

Infiltraters, player haters, deputy sheriffs and mayors..
All plottin our down fall on numerous layers..
Global economic downturns,financial calamities
There's no black, white or brown just rich and poor families.
When greedy executives have been stealing from all of us.
Deregulation and inflation got a noose around all of us.
Stock brokers embezzlen' billions, they mortgaged our children.
When convicted they get 6 months in jail with pools in the building.
How can we forgive them, my 401k just went away.
If this weed give me cancer how the phuck am I gonna pay?
It makes me wanna dust off my nine, oil up my mack.
Everything that they took in forclosure I'm takin it back.
My only other solution is manufactoring and distribution.
I do this to survive it's no illusion.
I grow more to even the score, hope there's no knock on my door.
Tellin me get on the floor, loose all my endoresments like Phelps with the Roor.

To those that know rap is bout life, life is the track. If you feel it, it's true
fist pump... Holla Back...

Gans

The inference that came from your post was that the gentleman who made the comment, in some way had something in common with Hitler, or was a racist because of his remarks. You're using the same stereotyping that you want to rail against.

Hitler comment aside, how is it possibly stereotyping to infer that someone who made racist comments is a racist? The guy said that if rappers weren't rich they'd kill, rape and rob you and your family, pretty obvious to everyone here that what he was saying was that since they are black men they would rob, rape and kill your family, because thats what he thinks most black men who aren't millionaires do. Thats not racist?

C

CTSV

Not quite sure I understand your reference, but ok.....How was I not heeding my own words or "going off" ? :chin:

I just came into this thread thinking I might learn something on a subject I know very little about....Rap music.

You make reference to folks not understanding what you wrote i.e. reading comprehension, ergo uneducated on a MJ community board, lol, no stereotyping there.Did I misunderstand ?

Anyway, let the music play.

Peace,

iGro

You are the one drawing conclusions. I said YOUR reading comprehension was off, not the whole boards, just yours. Which it is. I drew a PARALLEL, between the stereotype you and Enter Sandman seem to agree on, and how stereotypes can be dangerous, i.e. Hitler. Who stereotyped Jews, which led to the Holocaust. Not too difficult to figure out, you are now just manipulating words, to make yourself seem more intelligent and less stereotypical.

I only questioned your reading comprehension.

The inference that came from your post was that the gentleman who made the comment, in some way had something in common with Hitler, or was a racist because of his remarks.You're using the same stereotyping that you want to rail against.
There is no stereotyping of Enter Sandman happening. His is a admitted bigot. Thinking that all rappers (predominantly Black) will rape and steal because they were poor before is a racist and ignorant comment.

Contrary to what you think, which you yourself said is a uneducated opinion, all Rappers do not portray themselves as rapists. That is utter stupidity.

Enter Sandman does have something in common with Hitler, they are both racists and stereotypical. One can draw this conclusion, from his post. My point was to show how dangerous stereotypes can be. Which is where your reading comprehension failed, not the ICmag community, yours.:joint:

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Hitler comment aside, how is it possibly stereotyping to infer that someone who made racist comments is a racist? The guy said that if rappers weren't rich they'd kill, rape and rob you and your family, pretty obvious to everyone here that what he was saying was that since they are black men they would rob, rape and kill your family, because thats what he thinks most black men who aren't millionaires do. Thats not racist?

So that is not the persona they want to put forward with some of the lyrics ?
As I said, even though they may be playing "make-believe" they want people to think that is the life they lead....Isn't that what sells CD's ?

You are the one drawing conclusions. I said YOUR reading comprehension was off, not the whole boards, just yours. Which it is. I drew a PARALLEL, between the stereotype you and Enter Sandman seem to agree on, and how stereotypes can be dangerous, i.e. Hitler. Who stereotyped Jews, which led to the Holocaust. Not too difficult to figure out, you are now just manipulating words, to make yourself seem more intelligent and less stereotypical.

I only questioned your reading comprehension.

There is no stereotyping of Enter Sandman happening. His is a admitted bigot. Thinking that all rappers (per-dominantly Black) will rape and steal because they were poor before is a racist and ignorant comment.

Contrary to what you think, which you yourself said is a uneducated opinion, all Rappers do not portray themselves as rapists. That is utter stupidity.

Enter Sandman does have something in common with Hitler, they are both racists and stereotypical. One can draw this conclusion, from his post. My point was to show how dangerous stereotypes can be. Which is where your reading comprehension failed, not the ICmag community, yours.:joint:

Once again, refer to my above comments. I neither know sandman, nor do I care to go into an extended solilquy defending his comments.

Never once did I agree with what his position was. My stance was clearly stated and insulting me doesn't change the fact that you are missing the point I was trying to make.

Unfortunately, it is NOT because of views like sandman's that the negative stereotyping is perpetuated, that job comes directly from a segment of the rappers themselves,and in some instances their admirers.

As far as being "uneducated" about the music, I did admit that and it was one of the reasons I decided to take a peak, only to be met with "Your comprehension is off"....lol.

Hitler was a bad man, but so were some of the people that followed him....correct?

Peace,

iGro

p.s. When sandman starts firing up the ovens to "cook" all the rappers, let me know and I'll kick his azz personally. :dueling:

Gans

So that is not the persona they want to put forward with some of the lyrics ?
As I said, even though they may be playing "make-believe" they want people to think that is the life they lead....Isn't that what sells CD's ?

Whose lyrics, all black mens? Not all black men are rappers, in fact a VERY minute percentage are.

And in terms of actual rappers, no that is not the image all rappers present, again, only a small percentage. I mean, come on, do you really think dancing around in a pink hoody or argyle sweater and a scarf, wearing womens jewelry and singing about your shiny car rims is putting on a "gangsta" persona? Have you even seen what most of the mainstream rappers these days look like?

And lyrically, its the same, most of the mainstream rappers these days rap about money, jewelry, women, rims, etc. not murder and rape. Please point me to a recent popular rap song whose lyrics deal with raping every woman in sight and stealing cannabis grow ops...

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran

You liked that one, huh ? :D

Whose lyrics, all black mens? Not all black men are rappers, in fact a VERY minute percentage are.

And in terms of actual rappers, no that is not the image all rappers present, again, only a small percentage. I mean, come on, do you really think dancing around in a pink hoody or argyle sweater wearing womens jewelry is putting on a "gangsta" persona? Have you even seen what most of the mainstream rappers these days look like?

And lyrically, its the same, most of the mainstream rappers these days rap about money, jewelry, women, rims, etc. not murder and rape. Please point me to a recent popular rap song whose lyrics deal with raping every woman in sight and stealing cannabis grow ops...

I never said all, nor did I mention black.You can't "erase" the past of what SOME have rapped about in the PAST just becasue it doesn't fit the argument/discussion at the moment.

Eminem rapped about raping his mother, sold alot of CD's as I recall.....Remember that?...When the world was "upside down" (according to some) The best rapper in the world was white and the best golfer was black. :laughing:

I don't know much about rap, which I have admitted.What I do know about is perception and perception is reality my friend.Hence the opinions of folks like sandman, however off kilter they may be....He got the idea right from some rappers,right from their music.

My message was in NO WAY meant to condemn ALL rappers as singing about rape,murder,cop killing,stealing,bitches and ho's and so on.Conversely, you can't deny that all those subjects(mainstream or not) have been rapped about, even though it was only make-believe.....we hope. :cool:

Peace,

iGro

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Herb got flow like enzyte got grow
Arts style is tight, got a mean flow
My cracker ass spits rhymes for fun
hits bongs, packs bowls and rolls joints for some
Try my turn at a lil free style
my sour OG smells for miles and miles
what made my honky ass think I could rap?
Yeah my flows wack
Im white, old and need a nap......

LMAO....good vibes yall. Get at THAT honky ass shit..

There....all arguments closed. Only a white boy can truly rap....heh
(that was a joke albeit a dry one)
good vibes

Gans

What I do know about is perception and perception is reality my friend.Hence the opinions of folks like sandman, however off kilter they may be....He got the idea right from some rappers,right from their music.

That is one way to interpret it, or you could also say that his opinion comes from the fact that the vast majority of them are black men, and his own fear of black men...

C

CTSV

We-Has-A-Black-Friend.jpg

enter sandman

lol...sorry, but I'm not on my own kind sir. Millions with same mindset as me. Why do you think I posted what I did, hmmm? 5 photos on www.wiggaz.com were made by me while out hunting the elusive 'nigeratus wiggeris homo erectus inyeranus species!' Excuse me, for I be spitten mad ryhms at yall, yo. My bitch needs a good pimpslap too.....hehe