What's new

The IKEA Cabinet

E

electronug

Thanks guys, here's a couple new ones...

And I'm not sure what's happening back here with the Kush bagseed.

Looks like magnesium lockout or something.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
definitely some kind of nute issue, but they are still looking strong... :tiphat:

E

electronug

Really seems like Mg def... Going to dose them with epsom salt.

Mist the leaves tonight and water tommorrow with Brita filtered water to see if it's pH related lockout.

Need to but a soil tester.

E

electronug

I LOVE VELCRO!

iekOIwEUs37lT.gif

Nice set up! How many grams dry are you anticipating to harvest from this small cabinet? I have been checking out a bunch of threads on CFL grows since they are easier to get parts at the stores that are around my area as I do not have any hydro shops that carry the heavier lighting equipment. Not only that but for me I think that at the moment a CFL grow would be more practical as far as the electric bill goes.

GrowBox420

When are you going to put it into 12/12?

Thanks for taking a bunch of pictures throughout the SCROG process as this will help me a bunch for my next grow!:wave:

E

electronug

Nice set up! How many grams dry are you anticipating to harvest from this small cabinet? I have been checking out a bunch of threads on CFL grows since they are easier to get parts at the stores that are around my area as I do not have any hydro shops that carry the heavier lighting equipment. Not only that but for me I think that at the moment a CFL grow would be more practical as far as the electric bill goes.

Well, I'm putting in ~400W hoping to get decent penetration and have bought a 150W ballast kit to switch this over and allow me to do away with the extra energy and bulbs.

Maybe I'll have to so a CFL/HPS side-by-side. :)

I have no idea what to expect as far as yield goes. The cabinet I based this on was using DWC and a single 250W CFL which produced 70g dry.

With this being my first *real* attempt at growing, I'll be happy with even 50g dry.

When are you going to put it into 12/12?

Thanks for taking a bunch of pictures throughout the SCROG process as this will help me a bunch for my next grow!:wave:

She is officially in 12/12 as of yesterday... figured it would help start the year off right and let me track the weeks easier ;)

I chose the top/fim method to start off the SCRoG and would definitely recommend LST from the get-go while it's still a small plant. Bend it over and stake in into the soil to promote those side shoots early. It also makes for a shorter plant overall -- I lost out on 4-5" of headroom by letting her grow too before fimming.

If I go this round again I would LST/SCRoG early and then top/fim all the bigger sites...

Friend

Veteran
i'm diggin your style, you're doing great.

how much was that mini air pump for your little cloner thing? i want to make one for myself.

E

electronug

Now that I'm seeing the stretch.... a little :)

I have an extra 6" that I can drop the platform if it becomes an issue.

J

J.C.grower

your cabinet is awesome electronug! if you don't mind me asking about how much did this whole setup cost you, without the lighting..?

thanks!