What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The IC Organic Growers Community Thread.

intotheunknown

Veteran
Yeah, they will outgrow it. They will go through a re-veg stage basically. Takes time.
They root super fast when cut from a flowering plant. However, unfortunately not a good idea.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
yeah they will go back to normal growth in a month or so. why is it a bad idea? i cut all my clones after they sex, some i take right before i chop the plant. never had any issues.

mr. gt

Yeah, they will outgrow it. They will go through a re-veg stage basically. Takes time.
They root super fast when cut from a flowering plant. However, unfortunately not a good idea.

I don't mean to say your wrong.

I read on that super cropping, lst, and scrog thread, that a way to super crop is to take clones about 2 weeks into flower and they will grow as if they were in flower for the rest of the clones life. The other way to super crop is to crunch the stem right before the flower basically.

~mr. gt

intotheunknown

Veteran
The last time I took cuts from a flowering plant was years ago. And went through a re-veg stage, grew super abnormal-odd shaped single leaves, etc. and took over a month to start growing normal. But I guess if that doesnt bother you, so be it. OP stated they were 2 weeks into flower, not after sexing them.

I should re-phrase that. Not a good idea (if time is a factor) and if you want to patiently wait for them to do their thing. I am just speaking from experience, not from something that I have read.

lobsterbush

They seem to be vegging fine already, growing in height and they had massive rootballs when I pulled them out of the cloner. A few pre-flowers and the trics are the only thing out of the ordinary as of now.

We shall see how they do, I will update you guys since you seem interested.

The strain is drizella if anyone was curious.

intotheunknown

Veteran
Very interesting.... I dont think I was even at 2 weeks when I took those cuts, I believe I had 6 different strains, and all of them had to re-veg.

How long have they been growing out since rooted?

lobsterbush

A little under 3 weeks. Half in my bubble cloner with only water, half in my recycled mix. I'm hoping to use these in my next round.

The thing is this pheno stinks like crazy and I don't have a filter in my very small veg area. The clones smell almost as much as the flowering room when I first open it.

Here is a pic of some of the flowers from my first go with her.

picture.php

:tiphat:

Sodium Sunburn

Got a question for you organic gurus.

I run a personal cut of Star Dawg and I find that come about day 55 she starts to go SUPER hungry. No matter how much I feed her with teas she still seems to go yellow/red and eat all her leaves.. I personally feel that, even though the end product is great, it could be better if she was fed properly.

What is the best method to combat this?

Should I amend the soil in the beginning, make sure to use long release amendments? Which amendments would you recommend?

Or should I top dress like 2 weeks prior to ensure that the nutrients are available? Which amendments would you recommend?

Thanks,

Siskiyou

Veteran
Hey there Sodium Sunburn. I have a cut of Double Strawberry Diesel that shows these traits at senescence regardless of the feeding regimen. I grow in a recycled organic mix, and even when other plants, grown in the same mix, show excess nitrogen and deep green leaves at harvest, DSD shows yellow and red. For this plant, signs of senescence seem inevitable.
picture.php

picture.php

intotheunknown

Veteran
Got a question for you organic gurus.

I run a personal cut of Star Dawg and I find that come about day 55 she starts to go SUPER hungry. No matter how much I feed her with teas she still seems to go yellow/red and eat all her leaves.. I personally feel that, even though the end product is great, it could be better if she was fed properly.

What is the best method to combat this?

Should I amend the soil in the beginning, make sure to use long release amendments? Which amendments would you recommend?

Or should I top dress like 2 weeks prior to ensure that the nutrients are available? Which amendments would you recommend?

Thanks,

Whats your base mix that youre using? Also what do the teas consist of? Hows your humus source?
Also, when does this strain usually finish?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^ Yep...can't tell you have to fix something if we don't have a base line for what you are currently doing... ;)

dank.Frank

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SS: that sounds normal for most cultivars of cannabis. Senescence....don't fight it or you'll get bad product.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
agreed, easy unassisted senescence is a good trait in drug cannabis, luckily those plants that like to try and stay green are less common and can be more tricky to finish and get good smoke from.

L

Luther Burbank

Working on what should be a true F1 hybrid cross this season: Bog's Grape Punch crossed with Afropips' Malawi Gold. Those should be unrelated enough to show some real hybrid vigor!

intotheunknown

Veteran
What is finished to some, may not be to others. And vise versa. I cut them down when its ready for ME, This is how I prefer it. I dont like to smoke and pass out. A few amber trichs and its good for me.