What's new

The Home Gym...

T

toughmudderdave

indeed. if you want to lift hevy and hard, a smith machine will just rob you. squating with a smith machine doesnt work your connector muscles as much and turns the most effective full body complex lift ever, into more of an isolation excercise. not really a desirable effect if you ask me. i like freeweights. and really heavy kettlebells.

Truth be told, I happen to agree. Having a set of Powerblock dumbbells that go to 125lbs each provide a good "free weight" regimen.

The Smith machine provides me the opportunity to go heavy/hard and provides the self spotting feature as I don't have a spotter. Additionally, the "footprint" for my home gym is rather limited and the Smith provides a number of exercises given the space limitations. If I had my druthers, I'd have a full blown gym at my disposal but I don't have the room...therefore I have the Smith, powerblocks, treadmill, bike.

S

sweetestsin420

ooh exercise?count me in,i mostly do cardio,SOME hiit if i got energy,i have the 30 day shred dvd and the insanity collection,pretty hard though.we have a indiir bike and a treadmill that folds up to save space..my bf has bars and weighths and shit,and an indoor gym,but thast outside.
i dont really like people seeing me exercise lol,but i do some exercises like squats,lunges(forward,sideways),some ab work,some shit i designed myself

watts

ohms
Veteran
whats a quality treadmill for $1500 or less? Something built good and won't make a lot of squeeking noises after a few uses.

S

sweetestsin420

honestly i have the gold gym,its was like $400~..its good,inclines,good speed,you can look up online

835440_Enlarged_1.jpeg

Golds-Gym-Trainer-4103.jpg

S

SeaMaiden

Welcome sweetestsin.
whats a quality treadmill for $1500 or less? Something built good and won't make a lot of squeeking noises after a few uses.

I spent around $600 for mine, but Dave doesn't use it much because it doesn't incline as steeply as he needs/wants/would like. The treadmill bit doesn't squeak, but the arm thingies were squeaking. Until Dave removed them entirely, now I don't know what they sound like.

I haven't been able to use a treadmill in a couple of years. Recumbent bicycle is much easier on the joints.

T

toughmudderdave

Welcome sweetestsin.

I spent around $600 for mine, but Dave doesn't use it much because it doesn't incline as steeply as he needs/wants/would like. The treadmill bit doesn't squeak, but the arm thingies were squeaking. Until Dave removed them entirely, now I don't know what they sound like.

I haven't been able to use a treadmill in a couple of years. Recumbent bicycle is much easier on the joints.

Well, it served it's purpose darlin', but yeah...I wish it went steeper. Still works fine though. If I were to choose today, I'd get this...
http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_-1_10301_12401_59002_183169
A bit pricey, but it inclines to 40%!!!!

S

sweetestsin420

thank you seamaiden!and mudder why not get an elliptical?its kinda like treadmill/bike/and incline steps all in one,my friend has one and it def makes me SWEAT and gives me tone in my legs asap