What's new

The Home Gym...

T

toughmudderdave

...is coming along. I'm not done, but I couldn't wait any longer and I wanted to start lifting hard and heavy. Here's the "cornerstone" of the setup...My Nautilus Smith Machine. Heavy gauge metal, powder coated, and most importantly linear bearings on the rails for the smith bar....A thing of beauty...Seamaiden doesn't know it yet, but before too long she's gonna be lifting again...**grin**

picture.php

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Looks Good!!!

Maybe grab some of those black foam mats for the floor? Costco has them at the best price...

T

toughmudderdave

Looks Good!!!

Maybe grab some of those black foam mats for the floor? Costco has them at the best price...
Thanks KB. I've got the mats, but I don't want to install them until the ceiling is closed up. This probably creates more work for me, but I simply got too frustrated looking at this beautiful machine in pieces collecting dust and I NEEDED TO LIFT! LOL!

G

greenmatter

garage sales and graigslist are a great way to save big $$$$ on the home gym.

dumbbells go CHEAP when people want them carried away

T

toughmudderdave

dumbbells go CHEAP when people want them carried away
I love dumbbells. A lot of folks don't know this, but you can get an entire full body workout just through the use of dumbbells. Given the space limitations of my gym, I'm picking up some Powerblocks...
powerblocks.jpg

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I love dumbbells. A lot of folks don't know this, but you can get an entire full body workout just through the use of dumbbells. Given the space limitations of my gym, I'm picking up some Powerblocks...
View Image

I have a set and absolutely love them!!!

My powerblocks only go up to 50 lb's, DEFINITELY get the heavier set!!! ! Not sure if your in the Bay Area, but I can get you those for 20% off retail, and the stand is not really worth it...

G

greenmatter

i love the dumbbells too. they are great if you don't have a bunch of space!

i wanted to use something like the Powerblocks to save space. i could never get comfortable using the things, they just seem bulky to me ....... then there might be something to that "old dog and new tricks" thang. i hope they work for you!

T

toughmudderdave

I have a set and absolutely love them!!!

My powerblocks only go up to 50 lb's, DEFINITELY get the heavier set!!! ! Not sure if your in the Bay Area, but I can get you those for 20% off retail, and the stand is not really worth it...
I convinced my company to get the Powerblocks for the company gym. I recommended that they get the U-90 Stage III set that goes to 115lbs.

I'll probably get the same for my gym. They do RAWK. We're close enough to the Bay Area to make a trip (110 miles to Hayward). I was going to go into Sacramento to pick'em up but we make fairly regular trips into the East Bay as we have friends and family there. If it's not too much to ask, I'd certainly appreciate a price quote. Thanks.

T

toughmudderdave

i wanted to use something like the Powerblocks to save space. i could never get comfortable using the things, they just seem bulky to me ....... then there might be something to that "old dog and new tricks" thang. i hope they work for you!

I hear ya. I got used to them and really like them now. The only thing I found that I cannot do with these are heavy skull crushers.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Im in great shape, about the best in my life. Size 32 waist, 183, 6'1.5"... close to six pack abs, and you can see the vein that runs down the middle of my biceps-> from using...

sex... yes missionary position is good for abs
chin up bar with 4 hand holds
25 lb barbells

working out at home is hard, but once you get there the gym seems like its for wannabees

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
What kind of routines are you guys rocking? I've actually stopped working out from home in the power cage, I love free weights, compound exercises all the way with only a few isolated exercises. We've got a great gym where I live. I do weights on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday with 16 minutes of cardio after each session, Sunday off and the rest of the days I do HIIT, sprinting - jogging, I love it all.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I've been into working out and taking AAS/PH since the Golden Era of Patrick Arnold....with that being said... Ive tried every damn routine and style.... Once I read this book and realized this orginization invest Millions upon Millions into research on Exercise..I let go off all the Bro Science and Went all out NFL style..

I gained 25 lbs of muscle of in 6 months from ...of course a lil help from PheraPlex..Transdermal Test Base...and Soon Superdrol !!

http://assets.houstontexans.com/assets/fanzone/Texans strength manual.pdf

5'11 227 <<< Everydown Running Back Built...its all about working your LEGS out...Dont you love when you see guys do nothing but chest ...Chest....CHEST...and you guessed it right...CHEST! I guess thats why Skinny Jeans became cool lol

T

toughmudderdave

My routine is very simple...Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Military Press, Upright Row, Seated Row, Tricep Pressdown, Lat Pulldown, Squat, Calf Raises. I don't do any 5x5 routines. I start out at a set weight for 10-12 reps and go up in weight until by the 3rd or 4th set I can only knock out 4 reps.

Every other day I run ~3 miles either on the trail or treadmill work at a 14% grade. At 52 years of age, I'd say I'm doing pretty good and am at about 8-9% body fat. My goal is 6-7% by the end of the year. As I get leaner, the body fat gets harder to take off.

T

toughmudderdave

...Dont you love when you see guys do nothing but chest ...Chest....CHEST...and you guessed it right...CHEST! I guess thats why Skinny Jeans became cool lol

That is indeed funny as hell. I've never had a problem with legs. In fact, quite the opposite. After some time, I have to back off because my legs will get "freaky" huge.

Like most who grew up on Arnold and Pumping Iron i spent a good 15 years doing isolation bs and not making any real huge gains...not to mention always seemingly injured...

Started compound lifting only a couple years ago, lots and lots of deep squats and deadlifts, never been stronger or healthier...

Been running Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 and absolutetly love it, never been happier to go to the gym...

Storm Shadow I know you know what's up jsut make sure your run all your support herbs and pct with the superdrol, that stuff is no joke...

Latest posts

Latest posts