N-Haze x O-Haze #70
DSCN6397.JPG
DSCN6398.JPG
DSCN6411.JPG

Last edited:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
the old school haze clone from sssc has been tested for terpenes by dubi. i have not personally tried it but dubi described as very incense type. yo sammy places a unique dead whale smell lol. its a bit of a mystery for parentage on male side. could be a nevil male could be a sam one either way the haze parent was old since hybrid made in the 80s.

we see very high ocimene at .25 impressive. .05 cymene an ether terpeneoid usually found in middle east lines like sinai its also a terpene utilized for incense mixtures. i would love to try the line crossing a5 x osh seems to have just the right amount of diversity while keeping the haze male back bone in tact.

it would be helpful for a test with lower minimum value and more sesquiterpene categories. at .04 cutoff compared to the piffcon .01 cut off hides some of the subtle differences and strong aromatic compounds can change the profile even at .03 etc.
farnese and eudesmol are 2 sesquiterpenes which would be desirable to test for. farnese is always high in thai ancestors and eudesmol a main component of nld hashplants.
View attachment 18815314
SSSC old School haze a very incense is a bit exaggerated.You can notice the aroma after a good cure, but it wasn't as strong as the Purple Haze from the early 90s.

CreeperStipule

shes an aneuploid... View attachment 18812541

in this case its a positive trait especially for terpene
production. sam and mac call em predator haze. this particular mutation usually linked to increased phyto hormone production resulting in a big secondary metabolite jump. for example here is an orissa faciated aneuploid with sky high ocimene

View attachment 18812545 View attachment 18812546

nearly identical to brown haze/redline haze profile but with higher terpenes
View attachment 18812547 View attachment 18812548
sorry if I missed it but where is it confirmed this
is an aneuploid? where's the extra chromosome proven?

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Granddaddy Purple Haze clone = SSSDH OJD 2 cut from around 15 or more years back from Reservoir seeds first release of SSSDH( Spicy Frankincense pheno ) opposite to my known cut that is more on C Haze side) x Granddaddy Purple clone Reversed.

I Made the strain around 15 years back with a very unique Haze pheno from SSSDH that was all SSH but an extremely special pheno . Amazing Frankincense smell when burned and an insnae Spicy Haze taste to match the smell and with these rock Nugz of amazing Resin coated buds, was crazy denses nugz I ever seen on an Haze this good. Amazing strong up crazy Haze High that Haze lovers crave and lightweights avoid.

I x that with the famous Granddaddy Purple clone someone from USA shared with me around 15 years back, that cut I used in all my Granddaddy Purple projects I did.
20230310_225603.jpg
20230310_225621.jpg

This clone is 80% that Haze cut I talk about extremely Spicy, even pepper and 20% Grape and potent as
20230310_225608.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
Nice to see someone still growing the Chocolope, I know people don't have lot of respect for DNA here but all the seeds I've grown from them were high quality and thanks to them I've discovered a lot of new genetics from the USA. For that I'm grateful to them, they have given me the option to grow some genetics I had no access to. The first packs I got from them was around 07/08 it was Cannadential, a cross of Cannalope x LA Confidential, it was an excellent cross and my first step out of Dutch genetics.
Too bad they discontinued the Chocolope because I'd be happy to grow this nice cross.
@Bmac1 Where your plants are coming from? Old seeds or clones ?

kro-magnon

Veteran
This was an old pack of seeds i had from about 15 years ago.
Cool to have one of the original drop of this cross, did you have trouble to germ some old seeds? 15 years is a long time to keep seeds, that's really cool you have been able to get some viable plants out of them, maybe you'll find a female worth keeping. Good luck with this grow, keep us updated please.

Bmac1

Veteran
I'll post the other chocolope today or tomorrow. I had 4 beans left from the pack and had 100% germ on them. I have 1 backed up as a potential keeper and 3 of the 4 are being run again. About 3 weeks in at the moment.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh my fucking god, what a nice rack of plants, is it a picture taken recently or from last year?
If it's a recent picture you have busy this winter to fill your outdoor plot so early with such big plants.Well done sir.
2021 … only two finished enough. I took those and then started an entire new journey with them indoors, and it was extremely rewarding. https://www.icmag.com/threads/the-daze.18123453/

Latest posts

Latest posts