What's new

The Haze Hybrid Thread

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
man you dont see many 69 haze progeny with those dark colors really evil lookin haze!! well done
Thx man,really it is.

I think that this weed is not good to smoke for longer period of time.
Can really start shizo in peoples brains.

Many report this...paranoid shizo tougths.
Of various kind.

Some guy was thinking that their business partners are planning to kill him.
🤣🤣

Really crazy shit.

It will revright your DNA,and it can be used as tool for discover your phobias of past.
And to relise those fears from your body.

I wouldnt say its psyhodelic like Acid or any kind of peyote,dmt and other shit those are much stronger...and this is baby thing compared to those mentioned.

But its very psydelic for weed.
Like micro-mid dose of 🍄.

Piff_cat

Thx man,really it is.

I think that this weed is not good to smoke for longer period of time.
Can really start shizo in peoples brains.

Many report this...paranoid shizo tougths.
Of various kind.

Some guy was thinking that their business partners are planning to kill him.
🤣🤣

Really crazy shit.

It will revright your DNA,and it can be used as tool for discover your phobias of past.
And to relise those fears from your body.

I wouldnt say its psyhodelic like Acid or any kind of peyote,dmt and other shit those are much stronger...and this is baby thing compared to those mentioned.

But its very psydelic for weed.
Like micro-mid dose of 🍄.
rare ether type compounds such as myrsticin (present in sativa) can cause those paranoid/impending doom type feelings like a bad trip would. while an ether like safrole(organic base of mdma) can impart the opposite joyous. there are several rare metabolites made by haze and northeast asian lines specifically- guiaol(main component in palo santo) is the #1 terp associated with anxiety. 69 haze has much higher levels compared to most other sativas. guaiol is also a marker for the nld hashplants from north afghan/xinijiang.
thcv is an obvious one speedy etc
cannabigerol monomethyl ether- this compound is only found in japan, korea, afghan, far east russia and northeast china. the most stable cannabinoid since its an ether and a reliable marker for area of origination with these types

cbc/cbt these are the opposite of impending doom. combinations of these 2 minor cannabinoids can produce massive increases in andromaden (bliss molecule) i find especially in like a full spectrum rso to eat with high levels of cbg/cbc/cbt creates the most euphoric effects ive ever experienced the best being strawberry cough.

there are multiple rhododendrons which also make chromene cannabinoids the closest to cannabis is daricum and adamsii. both of these types have the small non serrated oily leaves that can be found on the best haze examples. trichomes in this plant are filled with ether cbg and oxygenated sesquiterpenes.
1677570105746.png

1677570140986.png

1677570198479.png

Compounds-identified-from-SC-CO-2-extracts-by-two-varieties-of-rhododendron-Rh (2).jpg

a cool thai with similar colors from landrace team
1677570605984.png

JohnnyChicago

those are really cool i love that type stuff. i recently popped a pack of wenesdays child (atf x skunk18) and the whole pack was an aneuploid swarm. extreme physical mutations in each plant but all different phenotypes. the different mutant types are karyotypes which describe the chromosome arrangment for each. aneuploids dont have whole extra sets like a triploid/tetraploid instead they have individual extra copies. when this happens the dosage sensitive genes located on extra copies become extreme.

so when we have an aneuploid swarm we are seeing the results of many different combinations of extra chromosomes. like going in a producer studio and cranking all the buttons randomly and the chips fall where they may. the swarm will certainly have duds .however the upside is extreme phenotypes and metabolite diversity/increase which cant be accomplished with diploid plants. each invidual chromosome has a predictable result in the simplest aneuploid form- the trisomic. this type has 21 chromosomes so there will be as many karyotypes as chromosome number for species. each magnifying its dosage sensitive traits. to give a rough idea of how that might look here are different terpene and cannabinoid synthase enzymes and pre cursors mapped to the chormosome they appear in.

View attachment 18812846

I did find this in Sams old Skunk seeds, that had a 5-10% germ rate.
flat.JPG

Yo Sammy

Veteran
now thats how ya grow haze!! do you keep selected mothers of the isaac or is it fresh seed pops each time? .
I’ve kept 2 phenotypes, depicted #1 in mentioning post, being the more Afghan dom pheno meaning morphology as it has a reduced stretch.
Sadly lost the Hz leaning one (#2) cause not so many growers liked her as she was a tough lady to please.
New seeds are in the pipeline though so can’t wait to pop some.

Last edited:

Piff_cat

I’ve kept 2 phenotypes, depicted #1 in mentioning post, being the more Afghan dom pheno meaning morphology as it has a reduced stretch.
Sadly lost the Hz leaning one (#2) cause not so many growers liked her as she was a tough lady to please.
New seeds are in the pipeline though so can’t wait to pop some.
cool cant wait to see what you come up with. seems the finest hazers are always bridezillas. and harder to keep happy as perpretual veg mother. a really great hybrid tho with both males progeny being utilized.i like this one for example you mentioned a melon type thing going on..
1677693591588.png

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you harvested NHxOH?

No, just a small lot of seeds from both phenos with some of the lowers. Most seeds are ripe in about 50 days. Both are still in flower. Most of the lowers are still going. I will have to take those sooner. The new growth still has a long time to go. I started a few seeds from ea pheno. I prefer the quality of haze Hybrids more.
DSCN6285.JPG
DSCN6286.JPG
DSCN6288.JPG
DSCN6289.JPG

Last edited:

Yo Sammy

Veteran
cool cant wait to see what you come up with. seems the finest hazers are always bridezillas. and harder to keep happy as perpretual veg mother. a really great hybrid tho with both males progeny being utilized.i like this one for example you mentioned a melon type thing going on.. View attachment 18815014
Correct, in fact that picture shows mentioned IHz#2 and held indeed some sweetness like ripe cavaillon melons hold
A29C5901-3D05-49D7-BFCA-5B699636D4A1.jpeg

Sad to have lost this one but new seeds bring new treats.

Piff_cat

the old school haze clone from sssc has been tested for terpenes by dubi. i have not personally tried it but dubi described as very incense type. yo sammy places a unique dead whale smell lol. its a bit of a mystery for parentage on male side. could be a nevil male could be a sam one either way the haze parent was old since hybrid made in the 80s.

we see very high ocimene at .25 impressive. .05 cymene an ether terpeneoid usually found in middle east lines like sinai its also a terpene utilized for incense mixtures. i would love to try the line crossing a5 x osh seems to have just the right amount of diversity while keeping the haze male back bone in tact.

it would be helpful for a test with lower minimum value and more sesquiterpene categories. at .04 cutoff compared to the piffcon .01 cut off hides some of the subtle differences and strong aromatic compounds can change the profile even at .03 etc.
farnese and eudesmol are 2 sesquiterpenes which would be desirable to test for. farnese is always high in thai ancestors and eudesmol a main component of nld hashplants.
InkedKarel SSSC Old School Haze terpene analysis.jpg

The Zientist

Veteran
the old school haze clone from sssc has been tested for terpenes by dubi. i have not personally tried it but dubi described as very incense type. yo sammy places a unique dead whale smell lol. its a bit of a mystery for parentage on male side. could be a nevil male could be a sam one either way the haze parent was old since hybrid made in the 80s.

we see very high ocimene at .25 impressive. .05 cymene an ether terpeneoid usually found in middle east lines like sinai its also a terpene utilized for incense mixtures. i would love to try the line crossing a5 x osh seems to have just the right amount of diversity while keeping the haze male back bone in tact.

it would be helpful for a test with lower minimum value and more sesquiterpene categories. at .04 cutoff compared to the piffcon .01 cut off hides some of the subtle differences and strong aromatic compounds can change the profile even at .03 etc.
farnese and eudesmol are 2 sesquiterpenes which would be desirable to test for. farnese is always high in thai ancestors and eudesmol a main component of nld hashplants.
Interesting!

I haven't had seen this test before. Thanks @Piff_cat.

The SSSC Old School Haze is a Skunk Haze bred with different Haze parental side to Nevil's HzA, HzC and others.

Karel got his Haze stock from SamS approximately at the same time Nevil did, so they should be more or less from the same population/seedlot, at least with a similar makeup to some extent considering the timeline.
Before SamS started stacking cycles of cross pollination using large population numbers.

It's a different shot from the same early initial broad Haze genepool that had that fire that started Nevil's and Positronics work I believe so! Wonder what aspects does it show, as it was quite diverse at that point.

If it weren't for the extreme high prices from SSSC on those seeds in particular, I would have grabbed a few to sift through.

Edit: After checking SSSC's website and noticing an inconsistency, as the site lists his regular Old School Haze as 'pure Haze', I went to cross check the podcast where Karel was talking about his Haze.

His early Haze parental lines (that are kept alive through his famous Skunk Haze female, the one he was able to maintain until this day), come from an old batch of 20 OHz seeds from Sam's private stash that were split between him and Nevil. That is according to Karel himself, he goes on saying they should have been at least 10 years old.

Why SSSC site tries to pass them as 'pure', while being a Skunk#1 cross selected for Haze traits and the Skunk structure, I wonder? And how did they developed a regular seed line, having only their old flagship Skunk Haze female? Perhaps there's more to the story, it wouldn't be unlikely for them to have seed stock left.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
thats ironic what nevil says about assumptions in the above statement ,
because when you ask sam if he gave nevil any haze made from the haze brothers ,
he categorically denies it and said there was so few there is no chance that ever happened ,
even if he had some himself , he would have never sold them ....
but says he remade them around 76 or something ,, so thats more likely the stuff nevil got ,
doesnt sound like its from the haze brothers seed stash in any case ....

The Zientist

Veteran
thats ironic what nevil says about assumptions in the above statement ,
because when you ask sam if he gave nevil any haze made from the haze brothers ,
he categorically denies it and said there was so few there is no chance that ever happened ,
even if he had some himself , he would have never sold them ....
but says he remade them around 76 or something ,, so thats more likely the stuff nevil got ,
doesnt sound like its from the haze brothers seed stash in any case ....
On the interview with Karel Schelfhout, the founder of Super Sativa Seed Club (from Breeders Syndicate podcast, if anyone wants to check it out its out there), he talks in clear detail about how the exchange went for him and Nevil. It was a gift apparently, I'm unsure if Sam talked about this one in particular.

I'm also not certain if it's the same lot Nevil talks above, and that you're also referencing Wally, as information doesn't match exactly Nevil side. Memory can be tricky at times.

According to Karel, Sam gave them a seedlot with around 20 seeds that they end up sharing between the two (Karel and Nevil, that is). He also adds that Sam warned him that they were old seeds at the time already, and that he trusted him to be able to get them dialed in. But there's no information attached about to them being Haze Brother's seed stash. More like an early Sam repro.

At least it was my understanding from hearing Karel, I might have missunderstood something. Did hear it a couple times though.

Take care!
tZ

Latest posts

Latest posts