Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatdalas

IMG_20220121_142054.jpg
IMG_20220116_201931.jpg
IMG_20220116_200904.jpg
IMG_20220121_142056.jpg

funkyhorse

If the thunk are f1 I think sam made them over 25 years maybe even over 30 years back now...my original thunk and haze x skunk no longer pop...I even tried some of the f1 thunk panic an gypsy had an they wont go either....probably too old now...fingers crossed for your final 10...good luck....they have in the last 5 years or so been known to sometimes pop after being upto a month in soil..so keep your eye on them.....I keept mine in the hopes that I can extract the embryo an do them invirto someday.

Sub24ox7
The Thunk seeds I sourced from Breeders Retail do sprout but it is a lot of work
I needed 17 seeds to get 5 plants.
For all of SamS seeds, use paper towel method. No coconut water, no EWC method. SamS had a post I cant find now in his questions for SamS thread about this, for his seeds just use the common water soak and paper towel is best results
Just soak seeds in mineral water 24 hours and then do the paper towel method. Around 50% of them show roots if you keep them at tropical temperatures of 28C or over
Seeds will take up to 10 days to show first root.
Once they rooted, transplant them to soil.
Most of them will make it to the cotyledon stage. This stage will be long for most seeds. Keep them on a dry soil. Plants will take up to 30 days to show first leaves and not all of them will show first leaves.
Once they showed first leaves, they enter the mutation stage which takes another month at least until they grow over it.
Since you root them until they reach 30 cms height in veg, you can expect a 4 months work
And then after all this work you will find some of the Thunks are vigorous and some are not
I made F2s with them.
I just sprouted now a few seeds from my less vigorous girl and seeds are growing normally.
So until you get a normal plant and can try the strain properly, you can expect one year work

I cant believe and find it incredible I am giving indications about this. I hope it helps
Big thanks to all the teachers who gave tips and helped me how to sprout old seed

Sub24ox7

Sub24ox7
The Thunk seeds I sourced from Breeders Retail do sprout but it is a lot of work
I needed 17 seeds to get 5 plants.
For all of SamS seeds, use paper towel method. No coconut water, no EWC method. SamS had a post I cant find now in his questions for SamS thread about this, for his seeds just use the common water soak and paper towel is best results
Just soak seeds in mineral water 24 hours and then do the paper towel method. Around 50% of them show roots if you keep them at tropical temperatures of 28C or over
Seeds will take up to 10 days to show first root.
Once they rooted, transplant them to soil.
Most of them will make it to the cotyledon stage. This stage will be long for most seeds. Keep them on a dry soil. Plants will take up to 30 days to show first leaves and not all of them will show first leaves.
Once they showed first leaves, they enter the mutation stage which takes another month at least until they grow over it.
Since you root them until they reach 30 cms height in veg, you can expect a 4 months work
And then after all this work you will find some of the Thunks are vigorous and some are not
I made F2s with them.
I just sprouted now a few seeds from my less vigorous girl and seeds are growing normally.
So until you get a normal plant and can try the strain properly, you can expect one year work

I cant believe and find it incredible I am giving indications about this. I hope it helps
Big thanks to all the teachers who gave tips and helped me how to sprout old seed

thank you for the tips! How did the haze x skunk from breeders retail germ? 🙏

funkyhorse

thank you for the tips! How did the haze x skunk from breeders retail germ? 🙏

Perfect 100% in just 48 hours, same with the rest of seed like Mex/Hz or Haze 5

From SamS having these issues like Thunk I found Indian Skunk, and Ancestral Skunk was the most difficult, I just got 2 out of 105

midwestkid

Veteran
Perfect 100% in just 48 hours, same with the rest of seed like Mex/Hz or Haze 5

From SamS having these issues like Thunk I found Indian Skunk, and Ancestral Skunk was the most difficult, I just got 2 out of 105

Funkyhorse, did you try a bunch of different methods while trying to pop those Ancestral Skunk seeds?

funkyhorse

Funkyhorse, did you try a bunch of different methods while trying to pop those Ancestral Skunk seeds?

I just used the recommended method by SamS on his seeds, soak in water and paper towel
For Ancient Skunk in particular I think it is worth to try other germinating methods too

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is the smallest pop size any has successfully grown haze in?. The 2 Seedsmans OH are at 10".. Im gonna put them both into flower. I want to do their last up pot. I was gonna use 2g. 3-4 months in this size seems too small?.
DSCN2704[1].JPG

Breadwizard

What is the smallest pop size any has successfully grown haze in?. The 2 Seedsmans OH are at 10".. Im gonna put them both into flower. I want to do their last up pot. I was gonna use 2g. 3-4 months in this size seems too small?.

I grew a haze in a one gallon pot to completion (14-15 weeks). I did have to chop a touch early due to mold, which was environmental (on a patio, we got a bad storm). I did quite a bit of work to keep it small; heavily topped multiple times (including after flower onset), and transplanted it multiple times (starting in 4" went to 6" squat pot, then finally in a standard gallon size) the last transplant happened after the stretch ended, about week 6 from flip. I also top dressed a few weeks after transplant as well.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew a haze in a one gallon pot to completion (14-15 weeks). I did have to chop a touch early due to mold, which was environmental (on a patio, we got a bad storm). I did quite a bit of work to keep it small; heavily topped multiple times (including after flower onset), and transplanted it multiple times (starting in 4" went to 6" squat pot, then finally in a standard gallon size) the last transplant happened after the stretch ended, about week 6 from flip. I also top dressed a few weeks after transplant as well.

I tried 2g pots with the THH/OH 90. Those flowered extremely slow. At 140 days they still needed a few more months. I guess with these I'll cut them back more aggressively to keep them from blowing up the space needed.

funkyhorse

Hi there Hammer
This is from MadMac seeds labeled Seedsman Hz
0,4 lts cut from keeper
0,4 lts.jpeg

same 0,4 lts girl side by side with another MadMac cut from faster different girl in 1,3 lts Hercules pot
0,4 and 1,3 lts side by side.jpeg

Another cut of fast MadMac Seedsman Hz girl 1,8 meter tall in 1,3 liter pot
1,3 lts.jpeg

You can flower these girls in any size pot you like. Outdoors in tropical environment, be it natural or artificial, is the best for better results
If you grow indoors and you can get the 1,3 lts Hercules pot which is the smallest size I found, I think is the best choice for home growing indoors sativas in small spaces. The 2 liter Hercules pot is better for indicas.
Have a nice evening

Greatdalas

Beautiful buds!! Who is she??

This phenotype is good, light high smoke and good taste but no much strong, the others no good taste and you could find plants that make nanner in middle /final flower, i have other phenotype that smell good for the moment but have 1 month in flower

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there Hammer
This is from MadMac seeds labeled Seedsman Hz
0,4 lts cut from keeper

same 0,4 lts girl side by side with another MadMac cut from faster different girl in 1,3 lts Hercules pot

Another cut of fast MadMac Seedsman Hz girl 1,8 meter tall in 1,3 liter pot

You can flower these girls in any size pot you like. Outdoors in tropical environment, be it natural or artificial, is the best for better results
If you grow indoors and you can get the 1,3 lts Hercules pot which is the smallest size I found, I think is the best choice for home growing indoors sativas in small spaces. The 2 liter Hercules pot is better for indicas.
Have a nice evening

I have some 7.5L herc pots I can use, if these are not good it's either 3/5g size. . I just don't want to see them stall like before. I can be more aggressive in their pruning. Keeping them shorter is a must. The THH x P41 in flower stretched 2x. She is still less than 5' tall, which is about the right height for my space.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Do what Leet dose put rooted clones into flower and use the time it takes them to show sex as veg.

Then you end up with more manageable plants.

You can also on top of that reduce the time of lights on to as low as 7 /17.

I wouldn't go less than 10lt for a sativa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts