What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Up date week on and i think i need to drop to 7/17 if i expect these to finish before the end of 2022.

IMG_2530 (2).JPG

IMG_2531 (2).JPG

IMG_2533 (2).JPG

IMG_2536 (2).JPG

IMG_2537 (2).JPG

herbgreen

Veteran
I start wondering if Im looking @ the bottom or the top of the plants scrolling down :rtfo:

Is that the Nevil's haze?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I start wondering if Im looking @ the bottom or the top of the plants scrolling down :rtfo:

Is that the Nevil's haze?

Their the same Nevils Haze F2s i selected and i ran before.

These are very typical of what to expect from Nevils Haze and why i keep saying they act like pure sativas.

Thanks for the link i will read it later today.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Their the same Nevils Haze F2s i selected and i ran before.

These are very typical of what to expect from Nevils Haze and why i keep saying they act like pure sativas.

Thanks for the link i will read it later today.

why do you think they need such low hours to finish ,
while im not debating that ,
im aware that in a tropical location they dont get days under 11/13,
they finish in good time without a problem ,
usually in around 16 weeks give or take ...

one wonders what the huge difference is and whether we cant try to duplicate it closer to the real thing ,
perhaps led lighting gives a better result than hid lights ,
im seeing some pretty good results of sativa dom plants under those lately ....

LostTribe

Premium user
If the thunk are f1 I think sam made them over 25 years maybe even over 30 years back now...my original thunk and haze x skunk no longer pop...I even tried some of the f1 thunk panic an gypsy had an they wont go either....probably too old now...fingers crossed for your final 10...good luck....they have in the last 5 years or so been known to sometimes pop after being upto a month in soil..so keep your eye on them.....I keept mine in the hopes that I can extract the embryo an do them invirto someday.

I have 7 GNO3 C99 f3's I am hanging onto just incase they figure out how to bring things back from the dead, not likely though. Thought someone was running the thunk last year, maybe it was a hybrid...

All 3 McCormicks OHz cracked w 2 up, noticeably skinny leaves already. Going to have to get them into bloom as soon as possible if I'll have any hope for a vacation this year! May run the THH and the other Todd's OHz again but probably just for some seeds if I find a male in these or try to s1 the white grape one if all else fails.

As for the coconut water not sure if you are using bottled or raw but I found this research paper for hard to germinate and endemic Indonesian P. amboinensis
Again? Where is the add a link? Did they mess with the posting again, no pics links quotes or anything of the sort now....anyways

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/sci.../2019/8105138/

Coconut water at 15% concentration and banana homogenate. Who wants to try?

2.1. Plant Material, Surface Sterilization of Capsules, and Collection of Seeds

Phalaenopsis amboinensis J.J.Sm. (Maluku) (Figure 1) was kindly provided by Handoyohardjo Orchids Nursery, East Java, Indonesia. The yellowish green capsules, which are four-month old from hand pollinating, were washed with soapy solution (10 v/v) of Sunlight (commercial detergent, Unilever, Indonesia) for 5 minutes to eliminate the dust, and then it was rinsed 3 times with sterile-distilled water and put on a Petri dish in a laminar flow hood followed by flaming 3 times. The surface-sterilized capsules were slit longitudinally into two sections with a sterile surgical blade in a sterile Petri dish to isolate the seeds.

This sterilization part calls for flamming 3x!!! Bunsen burner anyone!

Heres some info on CW and BH:
​​​​​​We have found that the organic supplementation of CW, together with BH, had profound effects upon the growth and development of P. amboinensis in terms of root elongation, leaf size, and plantlet elongation (Table 3). Coconut water contains sugars, amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, and organic acids [35]. It moreover contains kinetin [36] which has a cytokinin function and enhances the explant growth and regeneration by inducing cell division. Banana contains carbohydrate, mineral, amino acids, fatty acids, niacin, vitamins, cellulose, polyols, and sterols which are beneficial for further development of plantlets [37]. Arditti [38] reported that BH was a rich source of natural cytokinins, commonly added to orchid media, to stimulate the differentiation and growth of shoots at later stages. Zeng et al. [39] found that leaf size and shoot height of Paphiopedilum wardii increased significantly when 100 g·L[SUP]−1[/SUP] BH and 1 g·L[SUP]−1[/SUP] peptone were added on Hyponex NO26 medium. Moreover, Wu et al. [40] observed that the growth of plantlet of Renanthera imschootiana increased when 100 g·L[SUP]−1[/SUP] BH, 10% (v/v) CW, and 1 g·L[SUP]−1[/SUP] peptone were added to 1/4 MS medium during the culture period. Chen et al. [41] found that the addition 10 g·L[SUP]−1[/SUP] BH and 1 mg·L[SUP]−1[/SUP] NAA to a medium during the culture period was the most effective toward the seedling formation of Paphiopedilum spicerianum.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
As for the coconut water not sure if you are using bottled or raw but I found this research paper for hard to germinate and endemic Indonesian P. amboinensis
Again? Where is the add a link? Did they mess with the posting again, no pics links quotes or anything of the sort now....anyways

I made it very clear in my posts Lost on how i did it.

Try the coconut water method i found it works great on old and hard to germ seed.

Boil 1Lt of water let it cool then add and mix in 20 mil of 100% organic coconut water.

Add some into a glass place the seed into that mix and let soak for 24 hours.

Then place into towel or what ever method you use to germ seed and use the mix to keep paper or fabric towel moist.

I found the research on this some time ago and this method helped me get i think 40% germ rate in seed i got zero from using only water.

The stuff i get is 100% organic and it has not been heat treated.

The store cocunits

Their coconuts are shipped frozen to the store and then they ship it fresh to you with a 3 or 4-day shelf life. Exotic Superfoods (organic) This water is 100% organic and raw. It is not processed with any heat or HPP – but it's kept frozen to preserve freshness.

Next time i will keep it to my self.

Nexus7

one wonders what the huge difference is and whether we cant try to duplicate it closer to the real thing ,

In my limited experience cold weather (and lower photoperiod perhaps) seems to speed up flowering outdoors in tropical Sativas like OHz and Laos Luang Prabang.

The plant recognises the season is ending and responds accordingly.

LostTribe

Premium user
I made it very clear in my posts Lost on how i did it.

Next time i will keep it to my self.

So did you find that the raw coconuts were the key vs the bottled juice? I was asking if it was bottled because I think some of it is pasturized and depending on the brand could be of a different concentraion. I didnt see all the posts its hard to keep up at 900 pages. Cheers!

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So did you find that the raw coconuts were the key vs the bottled juice? I was asking if it was bottled because I think some of it is pasturized and depending on the brand could be of a different concentraion. I didnt see all the posts its hard to keep up at 900 pages. Cheers!

Your a smart guy i am sure you will figure it out .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
In my limited experience cold weather (and lower photoperiod perhaps) seems to speed up flowering outdoors in tropical Sativas like OHz and Laos Luang Prabang.

The plant recognises the season is ending and responds accordingly.

yep my thoughts too , coupled with dry weather ,
less water means less food ,
cooler ,, diminishing photo period ,
the arc of the sun changing ,

all signs to the plant the season is waning and its time to hurry up and ripen ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Donald why do you continue to act like this is my first grow and act like i have no clue of what i am doing.

I have never seen you act like this with any other member in Icmag but me.

HPS produce great results and i have not seen to many match the yields i am getting with or with out HPS.

My old nabour lived a lot further north than you and grew some amazing sats up there as he did the same with the same genetics were i am.

I dont live in Alaska and great cannabis is grown a lot further south than i am FACT.

People that grow in eras were they get feet of now indoors you praise there plants me you just ridicule me and to be honesty i have grown tired of it.

I am over it.

Sub24ox7

Dude chill.. we are all friends here! I appreciate your input and I’m sure others do too. Can’t we float different ideas around and chew on them a little. Or discuss them in greater detail.
This should be the salon of haze heads(minds) discussing all things haze. There can be disagreement without getting feelings hurt👍

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hempy get some reading skills mate ,
you are seeing attacks where there are none ,
first with lost tribe ,
now with what i wrote which is simple questions ,
there is no ridicule in my post , just paranoia in yours ,

maybe take the day off and tomorrow try to read what folks are posting rather than get all paranoid that they are attacking you when they are not ...

you might see the exchange myself and nexus had where we ponder and suggest reasons why plants finish as they do where they hail from ,
and why indoors may not provide the same stimulus to do so ,
rather than having a dummy spit and making a fool of yourself ....

LostTribe

Premium user
I even said cheers!

Thought the orchid paper was a good read. Cant find any of the other assorted inputs though only in vitro fertilization supplies, but maybe I can substitue Nidacon PureSperm Buffer as a media in place of whatever VW is? That was a joke, lighten up and go back to bed its got to be 3am downunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts